Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

The worst thing about GDQ this year was the guy in the Mario 64 run who kept pronouncing it "Bomb-Ob"

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

I used to think it was "Bomb-omb" back in the day.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Catching up on some runs and Uranium Anchor's loss was actually kind of heart breaking. And the first time I can really remember a race with a significant lead being determined by a death on the final boss.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Okay can we not spoil who won races when the thread is squarely into post-marathon catchup mode? I hadn't watched the Blaster Master race yet. I still probably will, but now I'm less excited about it.

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I'm watching the Kaizo SMW race right now and it's extremely good

Also, pretty tangential but is anyone planning to do any sort of writeup of the COVID policies and how things went? As someone who wasn't there it sounded like people were actually really good about keeping the masks on indoors at all times and I'm not hearing the sort of outbreak stories you usually do at these sorts of events, and I'd love to have something concrete to point to as a guide for similar things in future.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

The "event space" was the whole second floor of the hotel and that had really good masking yes.

The first floor where the bar and various lounge type areas were mostly unmasked and I heard at least one story of people immediately ripping theirs off when the elevator doors closed and making weird comments to the people who were keeping them on.

I never went to a private hotel room but I figure people were playing lick the doorknob up there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

MassRafTer posted:

Catching up on some runs and Uranium Anchor's loss was actually kind of heart breaking. And the first time I can really remember a race with a significant lead being determined by a death on the final boss.

super metroid any% comes to mind and I'm fairly certain it's happened with other games as well

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

There was a really brutal one in a mega man 9 race where the person in the lead just kept getting the bad patterns you can't do any damage to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

IcePhoenix posted:

super metroid any% comes to mind and I'm fairly certain it's happened with other games as well

Figures it would be in two races I must've seen (and I'm sure plenty of others.)