Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
https://www.kissradio.ca/

Apparently a bunch of employees got laid off so the DJs have basically been playing Killing in the Name by Rage Against the Machine in protest for like the last 20 hours at the time of this post.

The DJs have been denying every request for any other song and it's been pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/Svetz17/status/1542322023459856384?s=20&t=z8B6vRCnbJivPQ4S7lPL5w

https://twitter.com/traceylindeman/status/1542263053261176833?s=20&t=z8B6vRCnbJivPQ4S7lPL5w

https://twitter.com/KivrinAiun/status/1542349025801797633?s=20&t=z8B6vRCnbJivPQ4S7lPL5w

https://twitter.com/traceylindeman/status/1542245321891250177?s=20&t=z8B6vRCnbJivPQ4S7lPL5w

gently caress yeah, become ungovernable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
that's pretty funny

drat the man

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

fucks.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Are they allowed to play the f-word ("gently caress") on canadia radio?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Or else it's like "____ YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME"
"____ YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME"
"____ YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME"
"MOTHER ______________________R"

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Surely someone would pull the plug if it wasn't a stunt?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Charles Bukowski posted:

Surely someone would pull the plug if it wasn't a stunt?

Terrestrial radio runs on a skeleton crew more and more every year. I bet employees know the management is clueless and aren't taking calls because they just fired a bunch of people.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

At this point most radio stations can be run by one person

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Pontificating rear end posted:

Are they allowed to play the f-word ("gently caress") on canadia radio?

Nope kind of adds to the charm IMO

A polite very Canadian way of saying gently caress you I won't do what you tell me

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Back in the 90s, some wanker politician bitched to the management of Australia’s government-funded youth radio station, Triple J, about how they’d been playing NWA’s gently caress Tha Police (for 6 months by that point) and how it was uncouth and inappropriate. Due to this, station management intervened and made the DJs stop playing it.

In protest, the DJs walked out and put Express Yourself on loop for an entire day schedule, playing it 82 times, with a spiel about it being due to industrial action between each time.

Triple J’s jingle, played every hour before their news update, now samples NWA in part as homage to this event.

This has big similar energy and so I’m all for it.

E: it’s now an editorial rule at Triple J that they now never censor songs, also partially due to this, so we get daytime C bombs in lyrics. Good on ‘em.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Beefed Owl posted:

At this point most radio stations can be run by one person

we have like 4 big stations in our town that are run by machines and the bumpers are just "80's, 90's and WHATEVER!!!"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol this is the "recently played" but in actually it's all just RATM

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

MTV finally did it. They finally killed the radio star!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I turn the radio off at work, got tired of hearing the same songs. Also they play stuff I bought in my teens on the oldies station now, that's rude.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Beefed Owl posted:

Nope kind of adds to the charm IMO

A polite very Canadian way of saying gently caress you I won't do what you tell me

People don't know this, but in the US radio stations are actually allowed to play curse words after 9pm, but nobody does it because all radio stations are owned by 2 or 3 companies (with standards and practices). Back in the edgy days of radio (late 90s, early 2000's) the jocks on K-Rock in NY would sometime play uncensored songs at night and see if anyone noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Nam Taf posted:

In protest, the DJs walked out and put Express Yourself on loop for an entire day schedule, playing it 82 times,

That's 82 times you get to hear Dre sing the lyrics

quote:

yo I don't smoke weed or sess
Cause it's known to give a brother brain damage
And brain damage on the mic don't manage nothing
But making a sucker and you equal,

Which are some of the most "hilarious in hindsight" lyrics to appear in a rap song. Oh baby Dre, how naive you were :kiddo: