Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

rojay posted:

I'm not sure how I feel about the 100% hit chance and I can't think of another game where that was how combat was resolved. I mean, chess, obviously, but how does that work as a practical matter in a game like this? You (and enemies, I presume?) hit everything you swing at, and then depending on their armor or other defensive measures they take damage?

That's how Chaos Gate : Daemonhunter works. Every attack hits, but range, armor and cover all reduce incoming damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
Do resources respawn ? Be they overworld pickables or farm spots like ore veins/lumber posts/fishing spots

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

marshmallow creep posted:

Each class has one weapon type, and what they can use is to the left of their class name. I remember being very surprised when a Brute couldn't use a two handed axe, but axes are warrior only, for example.

Technically two for the melee classes - Swordsmen, Brutes and Warriors get to choose between their specific 1H+ShieldORSomething or 2H, and Rangers get 1H+ORSomething(but no shield). Speamen and Archers only get the one choice.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

moot the hopple posted:

What are your guys' thoughts on attribute allocation? I luckily got Career Plans early on so I've been able to at least force double rolls every level up. So far I've just been dumping points into Strength or Dexterity depending on the class, but I recently made my Swordsman into a Protector and he's been using more of his turtling abilities and defensive buffs. I'm thinking I should probably invest more into Constitution if he's not going to be attacking so often.

15 Willpower (no more, no less) for everyone except spearmen and archers so they can survive a death blow, about 16 movement, then for STR guys everything into crit chance, for DEX guys everything into dex (which is both crit chance and damage).

Incidentally, the various professions (tinkerer, fisherman etc...) give big stat bonuses at high levels so you have to be a little careful who does what and try to spread that XP around if you have doubles.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

moot the hopple posted:

I got way too cocky on my first rat infestation mission and trying to farm a nest before killing the brood mother. I managed to knock out one nest and finish the mission but with half my party infected with the plague. Had to reload a save and gun it straight for the mother to finish the fight early.

Nests are easy-ish, but you really have to gear up for them. 2H weapons for everyone who gets them, torches for scouts. An single archer with a firebow can set fire to all of the growths while you're squishing rats. Fire don't quit.

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019
I wish there was an autobattle thing - a man can only kill so many identical underlevelled wolf/boar/bandit packs before it gets annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

CommissarMega posted:

There are capture mechanics? drat, how do I get started on that racket? And if I capture someone, can I recruit them later? I want to kidnap some named bandits and Stockholm them into signing up!

You can capture animals with rope and people with chains (they're sold at prisons). And yes, if you spend enough time with a prisonner in tow and treat them well they'll eventually offer to join up. It's usually a bad idea because NPCs only get two passive traits instead of a full skill tree.

That being said, prisonners carry poo poo as well as ponies and eat less (also don't cost a dime). The only issue is that sometimes they manage to run away and can leave you stranded with too much poo poo to carry ; but there's always the banner to solve that for a while (also a camp building to prevent it entirely at Bad Person Reputation Tree 4)