Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m working today but I’m going to get banh mi and a durian smoothie I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Beeftweeter posted:

idk about next week but good lord it's hot today in nyc

accuweather is wrong as poo poo but it looks like today is the hottest day for the rest of july which hopefully will be tolerable

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
that poo poo where the overnight low is like 82 loving sucks rear end

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

weathers been lovely here in San Diego

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

weathers been lovely here in San Diego

the land of 72 and sunny 350 days of the year

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

graph posted:

accuweather is wrong as poo poo but it looks like today is the hottest day for the rest of july which hopefully will be tolerable

lol i wouldn't trust a 30-day forecast to be particularly accurate

graph posted:

that poo poo where the overnight low is like 82 loving sucks rear end

seriously gently caress this poo poo though

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
my weekend is starting now :toot:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
lol some hard hitting weekend journalism

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos
hell yea friends, it's the freakin weekend :cheers: cracking a few cold ones and working on the trim around the sliding door i put in last weekend

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

banh mi was had, got durian burps, good endcap to the week

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Tweaked my wrist like a motherfucker getting the bigger monitor on the new VESA arm, but my setup is vastly improved at this point.

(excuse the blurriness, essential tremor is obnoxious)

Think I might do a third monitor permanently in portrait on the right, maybe do 2 vertically stacked in landscape on the left so I can have two displays on the work laptop without having to have it open. When I do my new PC I'm planning on going rackmount so I can mount it and my mixer together and consolidate space even further. Gonna enjoy all this empty space before I end up filling it all with various synthesizers lmao.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im about to bail on work, grab a few beers, and enjoy the long weekend.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

want to smoke up but i got no snacks and i know im gonna be hungry

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i thought about grabbing some bubble tea and thai food, but i decided against it since i have lots of baijiu at home and can put myself into a blackout anytime i want

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
starting the three day weekend off

with a nap

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

went to lunch with some family that's in town. i got chile relleno and a beef enchilada. i was expecting normal mexican food but it was full tex mex. good, but way heavier than i was prepared for

so i'm gonna spend some time in the hammock. i already did earlier while throwing the ball for poodle jones. it was good

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

taking all next week off. very much looking forward to doing jack poo poo

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

got snacks
got alcohol in the fridge
got pepsis in the fridge too
it is time to smoke the Friday Night Bowl (this one has kief in it)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

went to lunch with some family that's in town. i got chile relleno and a beef enchilada. i was expecting normal mexican food but it was full tex mex. good, but way heavier than i was prepared for

so i'm gonna spend some time in the hammock. i already did earlier while throwing the ball for poodle jones. it was good

in simple terms what’s the difference between mexican and tex mex

I’m wondering now if all the heavy food I always assumed was mexican is in fact texas mexican

there’s a chain in nz called mexico and idk how authentic it is but the food is drat good and I love me michalada style beer . i’ve butchered the spelling i know

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i severely underestimated the kief when i packed this

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i'm about to go roll and then smoke a fat j

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

just smoked a big bowl of dutchberry. probably a dumbass for smoking sativa this late, but hey, it's friday.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

imbibing similarly and starting to play Inscryption again tonight. i'm sure i can beat it before next week even if i adhd pretty hard

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

had steak and a bonfire tonight. one of the logs had a railroad spike in it and it got red-hot during the fire.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

echinopsis posted:

in simple terms what’s the difference between mexican and tex mex

there isn't a hard line-- tex mex is after all an interpretation of mexican cuisine, but you can pull out some elements that are uncommon in mexican food.

if there is yellow cheese, it's tex mex
cumin is used much more heavily in tex mex
ground beef is tex mex
chili con carne is tex mex
chimichangas are tex mex
fajitas are tex mex
nachos are tex mex

tex mex taco: ground seasoned beef, shredded cheese, yellow hard corn shell/large flour tortilla, tomato, lettuce, sour cream
mexican taco: small corn tortilla, seasoned chopped up meat (tongue, head, al pastor), cilantro, onion, and lime.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

that line is blurred a bit too because some of those things are also seen in northern mexican food near the texas border

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
i'd like to toss some changas down my chimney

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ultravoices posted:

there isn't a hard line-- tex mex is after all an interpretation of mexican cuisine, but you can pull out some elements that are uncommon in mexican food.

if there is yellow cheese, it's tex mex
cumin is used much more heavily in tex mex
ground beef is tex mex
chili con carne is tex mex
chimichangas are tex mex
fajitas are tex mex
nachos are tex mex

tex mex taco: ground seasoned beef, shredded cheese, yellow hard corn shell/large flour tortilla, tomato, lettuce, sour cream
mexican taco: small corn tortilla, seasoned chopped up meat (tongue, head, al pastor), cilantro, onion, and lime.

this is interesting and confirms my recent hypothesis .. thanks

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

some loving truck or something woke us up at like 4:45 and then the dog wanted to go out so now i'm wide awake. hooray

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

gotta use those engine brakes as early as possible

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

honestly idk wtf it was, had to be loud as poo poo to wake us all up

theres some ridiculous harley driving freedom group or some poo poo that always crosses the brooklyn bridge around 6 am on weekends and we've basically trained ourselves to sleep through it lol

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

i thought I would wake up early and go for a ride to catch the sunrise somewhere nice. demon son beat me up today.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

guess we’ll do the other ritual Saturday morning movies.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
canada day stuff was good, unfortunately mrs. logins had to work so it was me and mini and my fil. we spent about 4 hours out and about. my dogs were barking at the end of the day though and a cold that has been wrapped around my neck all week decided to kick it into hyperdrive overnight.

(c weakened s)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
https://twitter.com/and_dads_car__/status/1543157531211603970?s=21&t=HEq7lzW5r31Z2rEvsBEJvw

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
cleaning the grill

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I haven't cleaned my stainless steel grill grates since I put them on a couple months ago, I just fire up the grill to max for 10 mins before and after cooking per weber's advice, and use the hickory wood scraper thing. I should probably try giving them a soak and real clean but. the slight amounts of baked on grease doesn't seem to be affecting the meat that's coming off them.

I guess it's just a matter of how much I hate future me when time comes to clean them and put them away for the season

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

not a dad but i gotta do some dad poo poo in the backyard after f1 quali.

mow the grass, pick a poo poo ton of weeds, trim some tree branches, trim some hedges.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Kenny Logins posted:

I haven't cleaned my stainless steel grill grates since I put them on a couple months ago, I just fire up the grill to max for 10 mins before and after cooking per weber's advice, and use the hickory wood scraper thing. I should probably try giving them a soak and real clean but. the slight amounts of baked on grease doesn't seem to be affecting the meat that's coming off them.

I guess it's just a matter of how much I hate future me when time comes to clean them and put them away for the season

it depends on what you’ve grilled, if you cook some really fatty stuff and get a lot of drippings that don’t all drain properly you can get a fun surprise next time you grill when all thst fat catches fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

bump_fn posted:

it depends on what you’ve grilled, if you cook some really fatty stuff and get a lot of drippings that don’t all drain properly you can get a fun surprise next time you grill when all thst fat catches fire
oh yeah I've had that happen once before, when I had different (porcelain covered iron) grates. I find that the drippings drain way better from these since the stainless steel grates are cylinders rather than pyramidal prisms. due to the gaps being wider the wood scraper seems way better able to get at the drippings too