Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mekchu posted:

Nobody is saying people should be banned for being part of INN. People (at least I am) are saying that INN should be demonetized because YouTube/Twitch have a pretty hard line against allowing serial sexual abusers on their platform (however spotty that enforcement may be), and thus they (Twitch/YouTube) deserve to be alerted that they're allowing those sort of people on their platform.

That is 100% a thing that has been done via SA threads in the past.

this, ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mekchu posted:

Nobody is saying people should be banned for being part of INN. People (at least I am) are saying that INN should be demonetized because YouTube/Twitch have a pretty hard line against allowing serial sexual abusers on their platform (however spotty that enforcement may be), and thus they (Twitch/YouTube) deserve to be alerted that they're allowing those sort of people on their platform.

That is 100% a thing that has been done via SA threads in the past.

RustySeabutter
Nov 11, 2000

Puncho!

orphean posted:

gently caress, Rusty! Good to see you - lots of fond memories of you herding cats in syndicate. Hope you're doing well man.

heya homie, good to see you too. i'm good. just groovin along. waiting for death.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kill the thread, make a new op just about the game, in a second post mention all the new places for people to go with a footnote that eve goons are dead to us and won't be affiliated any further.

I get that people like andromache want to make the organization better but imo unless you start from a place where you disavow The Mittani for his crimes and purge all the shitheads shrieking about cancel culture, nothing will fundamentally change and the organization cannot improve, even if the rest of leadership actually wants it to. That poo poo is a rot that will never go away unless it's burned out root and stem.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

The Shortest Path posted:

I get that people like andromache want to make the organization better but imo unless you start from a place where you disavow The Mittani for his crimes and purge all the shitheads shrieking about cancel culture, nothing will fundamentally change and the organization cannot improve, even if the rest of leadership actually wants it to. That poo poo is a rot that will never go away unless it's burned out root and stem.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

andromache posted:

Yeah Zodium, I would just like to say here that I haven’t posted in this thread for the past few days because I’ve been a little uncomfortable with what you are doing with FNLN. I’ve been in Delta discord for most of this last war, gotten to know FNLN and generally like him despite his uh… quirks.

What I see you doing here seems somewhat akin to a jockey riding a horse, swinging a crop, and not necessarily caring if the horse dies beneath him. I’m not saying you are doing that, I’m just saying as a guy who didn’t join Goonswarm until 2010, doesn’t know you, or your backstory or how you relate to Goonswarm. That’s what I’m seeing and I dont like it and I’m not comfortable with it, and I’m backing away from the thread because it’s not really who or what I want to be.

I think kaysette has done a really good job with an entire shitshow of a thread. So just in case no one else says it, Thank you Kaysette.

Regarding whatever monitization mittens gets, that’s not really a Goonswarm Federation thing. Endie or javajunky can attest since they built a lot of it. It was a thing certain people with the right skill set were hired on the side to do with mittens but it’s not like we saw the monthly financial statement from twitch on what mittens and brisc are making from INN. Just because you were part of mittani.com or INN or man furniture doesn’t mean you had any leadership role in GSF. It’s not really fair to demand GSF stop the monitization, we don’t have anything to do with mittens multidollar media empire. I guess ya’ll can talk to whoever creates content there now to move to another platform, but again, that’s an Eve thing not a GSF thing. We don’t ban people for participating in New Eden Post, Crying in Stations, or Thirsty Theta Thursday so I wouldn’t expect a GSF ban for doing things at INN.

Edit: And you are right Zodium that I’m institutional and pragmatic in nature. The places I’ve worked for my adult life are Raytheon, the US Army and Fortune 500 corporations. I’m not a burn it all down person. If I can make an org better tomorrow than it is today that’s how I do.

Hey paper pusher, you ain’t gonna make it better unless you decapitate the leadership in place and take charge your drat self. And that’s even assuming you’d make a good leader instead of just being the reimbursement guy.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kill the thread, make a new op just about the game, in a second post mention all the new places for people to go with a footnote that eve goons are dead to us and won't be affiliated any further.

yeah i think we can p much just goldmine this. fun times everyone!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kill the thread, make a new op just about the game, in a second post mention all the new places for people to go

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
So whatever money flows from INN is basically going right to Mittens, and there's *nothing* anyone left in leadership can do about it? I mean short of banning anyone who goes on Twitch?

Did I misunderstand?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

It's also worth mentioning that an appeal to a personal sense of institutionalism isn't quite the defense for continued contact that Andromache may think it is, considering that strong institutions soundly perpetrators and the parties that enabled those perpetrators to become such a liability in the first place.

Some things are too important to burn down is to imply that your departure would necessarily burn it down. Were one person's departure to burn an institution down, maybe it's not a sound institution.

I have worked at some of the places of the specific flavor and Manchester mentioned, and I suppose where I differ in our approach to this is that I do not overstate my ability to change something from the inside. I recognize that the empowered executives of a large institution are going to do what they want to do, regardless of what some middling guy says or does. One thing that I realize does seem to matter, however, is when things become lovely enough publicly enough for an institution to actually have trouble retaining talent. this has happened several times in the past in big American defense primes, and it is happening right now to companies with broadly-recognized records of horrific public harm, like Facebook. Facebook is having an enormous amount of trouble hiring the talent that it traditionally always expected to be knocking on its door. AWS is having serious trouble here too thanks to awful policies regarding retention and management.

My takeaway from my life spent with an institutionalist mindset is that there really is no such thing as too big to fail, and that's the way to really change a place that keeps loving up and has demonstrated that it will continue to gently caress up is to:
1) Walk away
2) Tell those who were also affected and will listen to you to also walk away

This is also a good way to address the question of "how do you square your personal morals with the performance of your company?" I used to have a complicated answer for that, but these days my answer is "I don't work evil anymore."

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rust Martialis posted:

So whatever money flows from INN is basically going right to Mittens

More than likely yes. Because His Regards LLC (the company that is set up to run TMC/INN) is, I would assume, owned by The Mittani given he set up TMC/INN and was like...the head of all of it this whole time and still is.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Can we make sure the person who makes the OP is one of our normal thread regulars please? Stuff is happening with this new hole squad thing and the OP is going to need to be edited as things evolve.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rust Martialis posted:

So whatever money flows from INN is basically going right to Mittens, and there's *nothing* anyone left in leadership can do about it? I mean short of banning anyone who goes on Twitch?

Did I misunderstand?

The directorate has way, way less power than you're thinking. Really, just about everyone falls into this trap for reasons I don't really understand.

Other than acting as the piggybank for INN's ISK payouts, GSF has nothing to do with INN at all. They don't even use GSF jabber. It's basically a separate organism.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

a pap (pen pineapple) requirement and no place to post on their forums

this "imperial um" or whatever sure is on a bad path........................

spazzhole
Aug 2, 2003

Dear Sandy,

Ever since that day I hit you, I've felt like we haven't been as close.

raminasi posted:

To be clear, the fireside’s declaration of cutting ties to SA sounded like it was very much still in an “in principle” phase of planning, and there was no concrete positive vision of a new thing Goonwaffe was going to become. I don’t think any specific policy changes have been formally executed yet.

The vibe I'm getting is that it might not be a permanent thing but things need to settle the gently caress down first. Sounds like the new CEO is going to be allowed to pretty much run the corp as they see fit as long as it doesn't interfere with alliance rules.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

I mean, we're more at the point of just banning any EVE chat, for any reason, in any capacity, from the forum imho, since involvement in EVE is now making posters admit to felony behavior on the forum

also loving lol that I fell for that Horn of Goondor bullshit last year. WE SOUND THE HORN OF GOONDOR and 18 months later groomfleet formally cuts its affiliation to SA completely after 15 years. lol look at what a loving clown I am.

nuke the thread, send it to the waste dump, and let no one ever talk about eve again

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
nah thats dumb

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Rust Martialis posted:

Did I misunderstand?

Imperium.news gets fewer than 14,000 organic impressions monthly.

The Twitch channel has a couple of very obviously low yielding sponsorships, and it mostly streams games that don't pick up much traffic or it serves as a public broadcasting service for big speeches. If they're going to keep running people like mask-off "Actually it's a cancel culture conspiracy" Brisc Rubal or batshit-insane Ginni Thomas roleplayer Issabella, that Twitch channel it's going to be competing over an audience that also spends time watching Steven Crowder, listening to Tim Pool, and casually committing domestic violence.

The Mittani's Twitter feed is an empty, occasionally-visited wasteland of what is now obviously some spectacular projection and hypocrisy.

The non-INN merch shops were run by one-off makers.

This stuff may not be worth your time, provided that Mittani is trying to make an extra buck reselling painfully-sterile Amazon furniture.

This is a huge shot in the dark, but if the guy subsumed full control over his inheritance trusts at age 40 (as is commonly stipulated) and haven't done the work to unbecome the kind of person cheats on his wife and loots her account while she is away, I find it entirely probable that the man has seen his wealth go up in smoke. That's a huge guess, but it's also a common occurrence for the recipients of significant estate windfall to completely mismanage their funds once it's theirs, or get caught up in a divorce that sees no lien clauses struck and half of it leave them, etc.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SpaceDrake posted:

I mean, we're more at the point of just banning any EVE chat, for any reason, in any capacity, from the forum imho, since involvement in EVE is now making posters admit to felony behavior on the forum

also loving lol that I fell for that Horn of Goondor bullshit last year. WE SOUND THE HORN OF GOONDOR and 18 months later groomfleet formally cuts its affiliation to SA completely after 15 years. lol look at what a loving clown I am.

nuke the thread, send it to the waste dump, and let no one ever talk about eve again

you should join goosefleet at https://discord.gg/79HpKegw

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SpaceDrake posted:

I strongly suggest you take a break from the forums and eve if it's affecting you badly enough to make posts like this.

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings

andromache posted:

Regarding whatever monitization mittens gets, that’s not really a Goonswarm Federation thing. Endie or javajunky can attest since they built a lot of it. It was a thing certain people with the right skill set were hired on the side to do with mittens

For clarification, I don't know if javajunky was hired but I never asked for nor received a cent or an isk for setting up or editing the website. I was helping someone I foolishly thought was a friend.

That said, you're right that I failed badly to see the cancerous effects of my "help" on the game.

Edit: further correction it certainly was a cost to the alliance at first since it transpires that isk payouts for the site (and I *think* the early twitch handout stuff) was coming from alliance funds until someone (Aryth?) called a stop to that.

Endie fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Jul 18, 2022

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
goons are still going to be playing this dumb game, and won't want to do that with pedos, rapists and nazis, which is why groomfleet is cutting ties with SA in the first place

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Potato Salad posted:

This is a huge shot in the dark, but if the guy subsumed full control over his inheritance trusts at age 40 (as is commonly stipulated) and haven't done the work to unbecome the kind of person cheats on his wife and loots her account while she is away, I find it entirely probable that the man has seen his wealth go up in smoke. That's a huge guess, but it's also a common occurrence for the recipients of significant estate windfall to completely mismanage their funds once it's theirs, or get caught up in a divorce that sees no lien clauses struck and half of it leave them, etc.

Without going into too much detail, I'll say that going after whatever questionable business ventures this person is involved in is not going to affect his life overmuch. I wouldn't spend too much time barking up this tree as long as it doesn't specifically involve exploiting the SA name for cash (which most (all?) of it doesn't.) Take it from me when I say that it's wasted effort.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

I strongly suggest you take a break from the forums and eve if it's affecting you badly enough to make posts like this.

Eh, I won eve again more than a year ago, I'm mostly just annoyed I got suckered that badly during the ~big war~ last year (but then, a lot of people did) and was deliberately overposting.

I'm still not sure I really see the value in continuing EVE discussion on SA given the history? But if folks want to have another go at it, that's cool.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
mittani was a dc area lawyer with his dc area lawyer lobbyist wife and retired early, money is unlikely to be a problem, he's a shithead he's not a moron

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It is going to be more insulting that these pubbies are going to be able to use the early goon history for any gain than anything. People are right to want to bitch about it however impotent that may be.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

SpaceDrake posted:

Eh, I won eve again more than a year ago, I'm mostly just annoyed I got suckered that badly during the ~big war~ last year (but then, a lot of people did) and was deliberately overposting.

I'm still not sure I really see the value in continuing EVE discussion on SA given the history? But if folks want to have another go at it, that's cool.

Honestly before this new thread, and believe it or not this is a new thread, it was 6 of us getting pissed off at globby being a prize tit, and I fully expect new new thread to return to the status quo.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I'm all for having a thread about Eve Online, a spaceship game. Eve doesn't "make" people be bad, anymore at least than the Internet at large does (the Internet was a mistake, etc etc).

It's fine if the SA regulars don't want to point goons towards not-goonwaffe.

If SA goons want to start a thread on opportunities to destroy the wealth of trust fund babies, take it elsewhere please.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
the internet makes you stupid, but eve online makes you deranged

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
No one, not one soul, is doing that :/

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

HONK

Techno
Jul 13, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
I'm going to leave this here, It`s the Fireside we had yesterday: https://www.mixcloud.com/Kahanis/fireside-chat-17-jul-2k22/

I found a lot of food for thought on this forum and the issues Delta escalated, thank you. I will never minimize harassments accusations ever again, on rl or eve, or poo poo racist crap in local

I'm gonna go gently caress myself now.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
welath thrust fund babies must be destroyed, always, everywhere

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

learnincurve posted:

It is going to be more insulting that these pubbies are going to be able to use the early goon history for any gain than anything. People are right to want to bitch about it however impotent that may be.

Frankly, who cares? Theseus' Axe.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

lollontee posted:

goons are still going to be playing this dumb game, and won't want to do that with pedos, rapists and nazis, which is why groomfleet is cutting ties with SA in the first place

Or genocide deniers, I guess.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

learnincurve posted:

Can we make sure the person who makes the OP is one of our normal thread regulars please? Stuff is happening with this new hole squad thing and the OP is going to need to be edited as things evolve.

Give me some time and I'll do it.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
EvE online is a good game for very well adjusted and normal people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Solus posted:

EvE online is a good game for very well adjusted and normal people

Yeah but then the freaks show up