Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

A lotta y'all still don't get it. You can use multiple grudge juices on a single director

mods ???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Are any of the people with the power to Fix The System showing any interest in wanting to do so?

Based on reading between the lines of Director Posts there is a desire amongst some of them to do better and be better. Given the overal resistance to having a consistent and public conflict resoution process that is appropriate for the hosed up future we find ourselves living in, I'm assuming it's not enough of them.

There is a wide range of conflict resoution strategies between "airlock everyone involved" and "restorative justice" and maybe changes will actually happen if people keep posting about it the actual issues.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

FWIW, I think only one director has actually posted ITT about this stuff. Wibla leads TNT, so while he definitely has experience dealing with crap like this, he doesn't actually have any say about internal GSF stuff. Pretty sure he prefers it that way too or he would have widotted a long time ago :v:

Also, the direkkktorate doesn't lead by consensus.

I'm talking about external social media, previous drama posting, in game chats, jabber pings. I'm OK with the adults not being interested in leading by consensus - that poo poo never works - even in groups that feature alignment across political and socio economic divides - which I'm pretty sure this group does not have.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

There is a pretty broad spectrum between the superwoke hellscape (sounds terrible tbh, homogeneity breeds complacency) you describe and not recycling lovely jokes which only work when one is willing to punch down at marginialized groups.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Mr. Grinch posted:

I guess id wanna know what was said at the dinner cause if you were like "so and so sent me dick pics" and they did nothing thats inexcusable, but (as you wrote on reddit) if you said some vague "so and so kinda hyperfixated on me(?) and his posts that I cant show you right now because were in person were kinda creepy" then vOv

did you miss the posts about how the zeitgeist placing a untarnished burden of proof on the accuser is how we end up with this kind of situation in the first place

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Dieting Hippo posted:

what, the guy who does racist accents on theta comms?

gonna need to narrow it down a bit more

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

KerenskyWhite posted:

Honestly I see or hear that one a lot and not just from John. I grew up in the 80s when it was standard part of every kid's lexicon yet I managed to purge it from mine. Why can't they?

Even delta sqad doesn't want moderate away the usage of that gamer word.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Dalael posted:

Deltasqad cares. Ive been told a few times. Enough that i decided to drop its usage

[

warms my heart and gives me hope it does

andromache posted:

I can’t think of the last time I saw it in delta. I personally gave it up two or three years ago when I successfully mentally swapped it with dipshit.

Now the dipshits flow without any slight pause or mental switch with the urge to use the old word. Because not calling stupid people names would be too hard.

See this is how to do it. Just kinda reconfirms that a "how to cuss without being a massive fuckstick" series on mumble might actually be praxis

Edit: Also people been litearlly saying it today. That's why I was specific about "moderation" as opposed to "personal choice"

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

Public callout threads work. The culture shifting away from them was a mistake.

If you get to the point where public callout threads are needed then the system is broken at best and rigged at worst.

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Warmachine posted:

On an unrelated note, it's never been clearer to me that EVE "Goons" and SomethingAwful Goons are two distinct groups.

A venn diagram of two pies near each other but they have been out on the counter for a while and are kinda falling apart and sometimes the pies touch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gadgethugs
Apr 15, 2007

Rudeboy Detective posted:

edit: so is this tactical or strategic misogyny? I can't tell

ignoring it over the years would be strategic, presumably in a bid to maintain unit cohesion

making motions to address it in the past handful of days would be tactical, presumably to stop a cascade failure

hth