Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I agree with you both, the Naglfar IS the best ship by a huge margin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Charles 1998 posted:

I'm just waiting until Star Citizen is as good as EVE Online before making the switch.

lmao

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ullerrm posted:

Wait, we're doing that? why?

The whole point of an altcorp is to do your dirt in highsec without worrying about wardecs. Putting all the altcorps in an easily identifiable and wardeccable alliance defeats the point entirely

just give it the stupidest loving name possible because nobody with two brain cells is actually going to join it unless they're forced to do so

I think it's something to do with hacking, like only the alliance that owns the node can hack it so in order to help our allies, the sov will be owned by this alt corp? Or something I might be confusing it with something else I have no understanding of how sov works

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lying to your line members in order to get them to form sounds like a fantastic way to wreck your fleet numbers over the long term. I vaguely recall some sort of cautionary tale about where someone lied about something repeatedly and then in the end noone believed him and it ended up going badly for him

e: war this guys corp instead VVVVVVVVVVV

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Jul 4, 2022

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Star citizen thread on the forums is a good read if the urge to investigate it or play ever takes you. I'll say no more.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I'd like to do some space photography, mostly to get a new desktop background. What cool scenic places are there to visit? I've never actualy done the space touristy things to see the titan graveyards etc

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

never apologize for anything on the internet

it's not like anyone is going to forgive you anyway

I recognise your role as forums contrarian but you sound like you're a gnats foreskin away from crying about cancel culture

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Vilgan posted:

I get being frustrated with Mittens, goon decisions, whatever. Mittens has many bad aspects about him and his eat my rear end poo poo was a major part of why I eventually left the Imperium. But still... walking away with everyone's isk is pretty poo poo no matter how you spin it.

I'm still struggling to wrap my head around what the gently caress has actually happened. That Yogizh is being a unfunny moron ITT is not news sadly because that is entirely consistent with everything he does.

It's disappointing to hear that leadership didn't take the time to understand what was going on in a case of sexual harassment, I'd really like someone to fill in the blanks there, was it a "we don't beleive you and we're booting you for complaining" thing? Or a "drama has been caused so we're kicking everyone as if it was to do with ratting" thing? Neither of these are good, mark you but noone seems to know what actually happened.

Is FNLN's goon handle Visavis Qed? because if so I find the timing of all this quite suspicious. I've noticed him spending the last 2-3 days whining and making effort posts about how the market is going under and ranting in elysium that EVE is dead etc etc we should all just stop playing. Regardless of the truth of that, as soon as I saw that he was managing an investment fund I thought to myself "this sounds an awful lot like an exit scam". Noone was particularly biting on his claims and to log on today and find out that he's suddenly gone "gently caress goons, this is the last time i support you for what you did 13 years ago" seems a bit weird.

FNLN did you lose all the investment money?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

MRC48B posted:

Its the latter. People (mostly Deltas) are kicking a fuss because it's the third instance this year of Directorate having poor response and communication in these situations.

We are not posting specific details for privacy reasons, the aggrieved parties from these incidents can do so if they wish.

To be clear: No one here is maliciously starting poo poo. We want GSF to be a better organization for all who join it, and because most of us aren't space important, and this isn't a space democracy, poo poo talking directors so they start paying attention is the only button we have to push, even if it means getting airlocked.

Makes sense, thanks! Both for doing that and explaining

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

FirstnameLastname posted:

this is 100% on point as a quick breakdown of events

I'd be 100% sympathetic for you in that case- if you had returned your (presumably) innocent investors money first. (or it was state money)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

what the hell is going on in goonwaffe that this poo poo is happening :smith:

this was Yogizoh again. People really shouldn't feel like they can't name these shitlords at every opportunity. Thats worrying to me. (as is the fact that he's still in the corp)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I don't think shutting off corp mails was some sort of coverup, really. it was only the one person that was an issue and that was months ago, the rest of them have just been about poop and farts.

I also don't think you should be saying people are pedophiles without some sort of proof or context beyond "just seems like it could be a thing".

e: someone else said it best, please stick to fleshing out what has actually happened, because that is something I'm interested in hearing the truth about

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

what do epsilon do in eve generally?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So if I may ask a practical question at this point- as an Imperium member what can I do to help? I know the answer "quit eve" is being typed into keyboards as this is read but let's assume that I'm far-gone enough that I still enjoy playing a dumb space game for idiots and would prefer to keep doing it for the time being.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I guess I should add that I am extremely space unimportant with no investments or assets that the alliance would miss. I'm very happy to speak up, and would love to join up with the people who feel the same way to try and make sure that shitwits and creeps can't hide in the shadows. Is that group delta sqad? I'm having a difficult time working out who is ingame and who is out of it.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I also feel I should point out for the sake of fairness that I have seen multiple people get booted in the last 6 months for being some variation of twat or another. I have no idea why it took so long for this particular one to get the boot and that's why I'm so curious to know what happened to "the process".

The picture some of you have painted of "the old days" does sound a far cry from Elysium and the general vibe of the alliance for the past however many months i've been back.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

He's the leader of INIT apparently not, I don't know what he is then - either way I've no idea why he's suddenly been brought up since nothing I've seen or heard suggests he's a bad person. You guys posted the twitter link, why don't you scroll down and read some of his tweets if you want to find out about him?

The useful discussion we were having has now devolved into random shitflinging instead of focusing on the actual issue. and I've no interest in listening to that or people namedropping the pricks of yesteryear for nostalgia clout. PuppiesAndKittens i hope i catch up with you in discord because I'd still like to hear about what happened and what went wrong. Beyond that all I can really do is keep an eye out and call out any shithousery I see. If that gets me kicked and nothing helps then so be it.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jul 11, 2022

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Welp, caught up on the thread. Thanks FNLN for posting those logs, that's a pretty clear case of the mittani actively being an infantile prick in a situation where keeping his mouth shut was a valid option. thanks again PuppiesAndKittens for shining a light on it as well.

I've decided I don't want to be in an alliance where mittani, john hartly and yogizh (and the others that are like them) are allowed to roam around being shitbirds with no oversight. I'm sad because I've only ever been in gsf and don't really know where to go next, or whether I just quit. But that's a problem for tomorrow.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

goons_dont_need_hr.png

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bigbillthaboss posted:

heh, during the war and height of propaganda I would always spend a few minutes every other day or so checking out the TEST posters' history and, mind you not all of them, they always ended up exactly where you would expect

when do you join

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bigbillthaboss posted:

I ask as a non-lovely normal person in rl.

no you dont

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

He's a pickup artist. I'm not kidding. He uses pua terminology on the regular for discussing all sorts of real life and in game issues are described by him in terms of +ev or -ev. He was deep in the 'scene' for a while after his wife left him because.. do I really have to finish this sentence? you know why

ofc she was a 'crazy lying manipulative cluster b narc' according to him aswell, lol

This is so painfully obvious in retrospect that I feel very stupid for not realising.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rhymenoserous posted:

Dude, don’t leave us hanging.

"Gentlemen, you can't accuse me of harassment in here, this is the harassment policy Q&A!"

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

A screenshot, as not everyone has access (not sure why I still do, I deleted all my ESI keys and reset groups, do I need to unlink something else?)

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

It's hard to view it as anything other than a "oh, this thing has legs actually I need to stem the tide right now" apology really. I hope things do improve inside the alliance, I just suspect they won't.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

what did dbrb do out of interest? I thought he seemed ok on a fleet a few weeks ago but i'm clearly missing some backstory

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ullerrm posted:

He doesn't even suggest that he's reviewing his relationship with all the loving shitheads in illum who stood by silently and enabled him while he was doing all this terrible poo poo that he now regrets -- if they were fine with the poo poo he did before, why should they be fine with the systems they build to prevent it from happening again?

this is largely why i don't trust that there will be a fundamental change unless the leadership structure fundamentally changes. nobody of any "importance" in the imperium wants to stand up to him, whether that's due to fear of reprisal or because they agree with him i'm not sure, and either option is bad. And if it turns out that "oh, actually someone did say something in private hence the apology (2 days late)" then my response would be: what use is that? Accountability is something that has to be seen to be happening.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Kesper North posted:

And when they say "a system" they literally mean a ticketing system, as if that'll magically fix cultural problems.

Ah yes, Jira. That fixes sexual harassment.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

hilarious, in a pathetic way, that freshly probated bbtb has found his way into that post and is immediately on the wrong side of it again

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

out of curiousity i found the thread from the previous time i played eve before my long break, back in 2016/2017

clicked a page entirely at random and had to laugh:

for the curious Also i have no memory of who Elsa is but they were mentioned in this thread and they're on my blocklist? suggesting that i at least knew how to spot a wrong'un even back then

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 13, 2022

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

There's a number of goon discords for various games or hobbies that I'm a member of that are full of genuinely great people. The combination of shared history but also maturity (read: we are all old people now) make them nice places to be, good moderation too. I guess the larger the community gets the greater risk there is of it getting poisoned. All my hobbies like simracing etc are fairly niche.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jul 13, 2022

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Bilirubin posted:

lol they can't deal with this situation but directorate moved like lightning to put an end to investment programs like FNLN's
https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/311378-firstname-lastname-capital-llc-open-to-new-investments-feb-10/?p=9176092

so this was the problem all along!

e: actually from their perspective I guess it was. Someone with a way to get peoples attention called them out instead of someone who could be silenced and called crazy

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Jul 13, 2022

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

also stop telling me to unsubscribe, eve may be a terrible game but that's not fundamentally changed since it's inception and people implying that if i'm not going to fly with the imperium i shouldn't fly at all annoys me.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Why do I get the feeling his response is going to be "aha, but this did not happen on stream! it was private! checkmate!"

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Innominate posted:

None of this happened. If this did happen, I would have been crucified on the stream and never allowed back. Post the video.

I spoke up about Yogizh in corp mails, I got told to contact you about it, I contacted you about it, it's 3 months later and nothing has happened.

You are poo poo at your "job". All that's happening now is that we're finding out which bits were incompetence and which were malice.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So, I'm really confused. Some mouthbreathing chud stumbled into the thread, boohoo-ed about "wokeness", changed the thread title to "quit goons" (presumably against his lord and master mittani's wishes) and then the OP got banned from GSF because they thought he did it?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Baron of Bad News posted:

No.

Mods changed the title.

Atrum was just saying they think it's likely some moron in GSF could ban him because they don't know how SA works.

The mouthbreather is just one of many that have decided to resurface since there's blood in the water.

aha, thank you

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

A whole hour

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Welcome to Groomfleet

Oof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

corgski posted:

Yep, and what's impressive is that it's taken all three of them to add up to one lowtax.

goddamn