Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

next time a director gets out of line just strangle them hth
you all have strayed too far from direct action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

wake me when aliksr comes back to the thread

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Warmachine posted:

By and large, I've found goon guilds to be agreeable places. It's just Goonswarm seems to be canned diarrhea from a previous era when bigoted poo poo was "acceptable" on the internet. Outside of that context, I feel a lot more confident that whatever goon group I join in a particular game won't have someone talking about "The Great Replacement" or making rape jokes.

How quickly we forget the Archeage debacle

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Zodium posted:

I (icorion) was a close to founding member of the star chamber cum superfriends cabal up until my exile when I yelled at Darius too much for being a useless poo poo shortly after the victory against Band of Brothers... in late 2009? No one below superfriends knew anything we got up to, least of all the "Illuminati."

Back then, while we were all fairly terrible except for maybe knar, we were mostly terrible space people who manipulated and betrayed everyone for isk and power, made deals with computer criminals, and I’m pretty sure Darius buddied up to some people in organized crime. The worst I saw myself was one time I had to turn down an offer to cut an enemy FC’s power.

also slurs and edgy jokes galore.

Sup icorion
I honestly didn’t expect to see my name mentioned, I tended to stay low key

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Furnok Dorn posted:

can i just say in a public forum how dismayed i am to remember any of this

be grateful you don't remember remdick.jpg

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Hesiod posted:

That's not to say others didn't have those intentions but I can say I would not have tried to hurt anyone IRL.

HOW EASILY YOU FORGET /s

I’m somewhat surprised you showed up here, like you I am one of the few firsthand witnesses to a lot of the early star chamber stuff. But like you said at the first I really don’t feel comfortable involving myself directly in it or anything regarding Eve Online: a bad game.

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Ikonoklast posted:

How about making this new and compassionate Darius JOHNSON, CEO once again.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Solus posted:

EvE online is a good game

:wrong: