Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
My new script pitch for Duke Nukem is a guy who rolls around in a big rear end car with gold plated everything because hes famous and gets to gently caress everyone because he saved the world and all the strippers. He drives into a gas station and looks into the camera while filling up his car.

DUKE ** "time to pump baby!" **

He then drives off, the camera zooms in on a diamond encrusted license plate which reads "DUKE" in capital letters.

DUKE ** "Its time to kick bubblegum and chew rear end." **

He then begins having strange dreams about being a creepy alcoholic uncle, and slowly starts to wonder if the dream self is the true self.

That is my pitch anyway. Feel free to share your great ideas about Duke Nukem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

vudan posted:

He then begins having strange dreams about being a creepy alcoholic uncle, and slowly starts to wonder if the dream self is the true self.

This is just Disco Elysium OP

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i cant wait for duke nukem 4d

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Chewin that rear end in a top hat like a calamari ring

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I think there are many elements to The Duke. There are elements that are timeless, and there are elements that are very much the product of its era and have aged poorly. Some would choose to focus on those elements that stick out now, as if they and the inevitable controversy are the whole point of the character. They would treat him as the embodiment of that bygone era's virtues and flaws. But that would be a mistake.

The real story of Duke Nukem, the timeless, universal story that can still resonate with the modern audience, is the tale of a confident, charismatic man who is here to kill those loving pigs.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I think Duke Nukem could work if they played him like Bruce Campbell plays Ash in Ash vs. the Evil Dead.

Yeah he's a sleazy, trashy rear end in a top hat who is long past his prime, but somehow elevates these traits to the level of pathos.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
Doom is better

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

You just reminded me I bought Ion Fury on the steam sale because it looked cool and I should actually play it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

dr.acula posted:

You just reminded me I bought Ion Fury on the steam sale because it looked cool and I should actually play it

Ion Fury is good and brings modern gameplay controls to a Duke Nukem 3D aesthetic.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

dr.acula posted:

Chewin that rear end in a top hat like a calamari ring

I heard a spot on NPR where some chefs and food nerds debated the urban legend that the calamari at a lot of restaurants is actually sliced rings of deep fried pork rectum.

Initially no one was convinced, but they set out to do a bind taste test and were profoundly disturbed when the end products looked and tasted extremely similar. Just a little something to keep in mind! :tipshat:

El Diablo Bob O
Sep 3, 2011

Hay nada mas,
Oh si' my way!
Based on sheer body mass alone, an older John Cena (ala "Peacemaker") might be a good Duke.

Bruce Campbell could be Duke's Dad.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
There should be a whole scene thats a huge fight that only consists of putting trip mines in baths/hot tubs/ponds/...

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
"Shake it maybe"
-older wiser Duke Nukem, full of doubt

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Duke Nukem doesn't talk, dumbass

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

At school when everyone was talking about to Lara Croft nude cheat my friend Thomas Fell was going around purporting a Duke Nukem 3D nude cheat where Duke would be nude when you see him in the mirror and the light foot would be naked. He said that an additional benefit to having the Jude cheat active was that loads of women would show up in game to help you fight the aliens because the Duke was hanging dong

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Skeleton Ape posted:

That’s Duke NukUM, dumbass

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Reboot Dead Space with Duke Nukem instead of Isaac Clark

vudan
Dec 11, 2010
The octobrains are just probing him though and both realities may be false, it's ambiguous. He breaks out of the alien science lab and kills most of them before collapsing dimensions by singing karaoke and aligning both dimensions and he becomes 2d.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Everyone's favorite video game character is Kirby
Try again.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Duke Nukem Kills In Space

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
“HMMM LOOKS LIKE I HAVE poo poo ON MY rear end AND BALLS.”

- Duke Nukem

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

vudan posted:

My new script pitch for Duke Nukem is a guy who rolls around in a big rear end car with gold plated everything because hes famous and gets to gently caress everyone because he saved the world and all the strippers. He drives into a gas station and looks into the camera while filling up his car.

You're mixing up Dukes.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Duke Nukem's name will be changed to Duke Cannon so the show can supplement its lovely budget with that sweet tactical soap sponsorship money.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

he's been ruined forever sorry Duke fans he will never ever be cool again

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
i want to be in the timeline where the leaked Unreal build of DNF was what was finished and released instead

https://youtu.be/HZht1yRZ4Yg

magic cactus
Aug 3, 2019

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.

Skeleton Ape posted:

I remember playing the shareware demo for this so much that when I finally got my hands on Duke 3D, I actually did have a "wait what the gently caress he talks??" moment. :corsair:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Duke Nukem voice: I know what you want. Oh sure, they may have tried to separate us, but what we have is too strong, it’s too powerful. I mean, after all, we shared everything, you and I. I told you my deepest, darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty, but mostly I challenged you and made you think. And you trusted me, even though you knew you shouldn’t. So we’re not done, no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want: You want me back. Of course, some believed everything and have been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all. They’re just dying to have me declare that everything said is true and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t that be easy? If only it was so simply; only you and I know that it’s never that simple, not in politics and not in life. But you wouldn’t believe the worst without evidence, would you? You wouldn’t rush to judgments without facts, would you?… Did you? No, not you. You’re smarter than that. Anyway, all this presumption made for such an unsatisfying ending. And to think it could’ve been such a memorable sendoff. If you and I have learned nothing else in these past few years, it’s that in life and art, nothing should be off the table. We’re not afraid, not of what we said and of what we did, and we’re still not afraid. Because I can promise you this: If I didn’t pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I’m certainly not going to pay the price for the things I didn’t do. Oh, of course they’re going to say I’m being disrespectful, not playing by the rules. Like I ever played by anyone’s rules before. I never did, and you loved it. Anyhow, despite all the poppycock, the animosity, the headlines, the impeachment without a trial, despite everything—despite even my own death—I feel surprisingly good. And my confidence grows each day that soon enough, you will know the full tru—Oh wait a minute. Now that I think of it, you never actually saw me die, did you? Conclusions can be so deceiving. Miss me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aimevcEOV9A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

That DICK! posted:

Duke Nukem voice: I know what you want. Oh sure, they may have tried to separate us, but what we have is too strong, it’s too powerful. I mean, after all, we shared everything, you and I. I told you my deepest, darkest secrets. I showed you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty, but mostly I challenged you and made you think. And you trusted me, even though you knew you shouldn’t. So we’re not done, no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want: You want me back. Of course, some believed everything and have been waiting with bated breath to hear me confess it all. They’re just dying to have me declare that everything said is true and that I got what I deserved. Wouldn’t that be easy? If only it was so simply; only you and I know that it’s never that simple, not in politics and not in life. But you wouldn’t believe the worst without evidence, would you? You wouldn’t rush to judgments without facts, would you?… Did you? No, not you. You’re smarter than that. Anyway, all this presumption made for such an unsatisfying ending. And to think it could’ve been such a memorable sendoff. If you and I have learned nothing else in these past few years, it’s that in life and art, nothing should be off the table. We’re not afraid, not of what we said and of what we did, and we’re still not afraid. Because I can promise you this: If I didn’t pay the price for the things we both know I did do, I’m certainly not going to pay the price for the things I didn’t do. Oh, of course they’re going to say I’m being disrespectful, not playing by the rules. Like I ever played by anyone’s rules before. I never did, and you loved it. Anyhow, despite all the poppycock, the animosity, the headlines, the impeachment without a trial, despite everything—despite even my own death—I feel surprisingly good. And my confidence grows each day that soon enough, you will know the full tru—Oh wait a minute. Now that I think of it, you never actually saw me die, did you? Conclusions can be so deceiving. Miss me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aimevcEOV9A

yeah DNF was p loving gross

last I checked though no one involved in its production was accused of sex pestery or threatened anyone for said accusations