Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Sick pass, and then the guy did a big dunk as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Summer League flagrant foul

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
God loving drat it Ivey hurt his leg

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

Dejan Bimble posted:

God loving drat it Ivey hurt his leg

Dang

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are there any teagues left in the nba. summer teague if so. if not, don't read.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
thunder with back to back to back blocks. love to see it

aaron wiggins will have a good career

Think Less fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 10, 2022

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Cavauro posted:

are there any teagues left in the nba. summer teague if so. if not, don't read.

nope
closest is garret TEmple

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Santi Aldama is still not ready for the NBA

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This summer league team is so loving short lol. Watching them try to rebound is an advanced form of torture

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Was he looking good?

I'm dreading every time i have to miss a summer league game

He looks really good. Possible star.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan

e: he makes Chet look moderately swole

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
Murphy's 3pt shot wasn't falling, but he was also making a lot of plays driving towards the basket, either finishing or drawing fouls. He also got his hands on a lot of passes, played solid defense most of the night, and had to be accounted for on the boards.

Dyson played with some good pace and showed he has good ideas on how to run a team's offense. His defense was nice, too.

Harper and Naji did what Harper and Naji do. Neither should really be getting minutes in the league, but good practice squad guys.

Matkovic looks like he could be a Hernangomez replacement in a year or two.

Liddell and Seabron didn't leave an imprint on the game.

Jones #36 is one of the worst bigs I have seen the Pels give minutes to in Summer League in a long time.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Lol bulls

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Who are these wizards

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Put craig sword in the loving game Washington

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Go, the Cavs, imho. God I missed seeing Cavs on the court.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Travers cannot shoot, but imagine what it would be like if he could :allears:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

McClung is a baller

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Wiseman looks so big out there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Paperback Writer posted:

McClung is a baller

A modern summer league star for sure.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Rick posted:

A modern summer league star for sure.

Complete with half assing it on getting back on defense allowing the Spurs to get an open 3.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Please no OT

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Josh Primo looks like he went through puberty since the last summer league.

morestuff posted:

Please no OT

Yeah it kind of sucks I need to leave at 7:30 and was hoping to enjoy an hour of the Lakers/Charlotte game I guess not though.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Shareef looks so much better in summer league than college. Which is not saying a lot but hey.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Picking up where I left off on my DVR and drat the play by play announcer is loving wasted which is mostly funny but him trying to force conversation about Bridges "but basketball only" for almost 20 minutes (like you can tell at least part of it was a planned segment by ESPN but he just kept going on and on and was talking about "nice shot by Bridges" when a Lakers player would make a bucket) is not a great look.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
trey murphy keeps attacking the basket and i love it

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wow Paolo scared of chet

Bustchero imo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
ej liddel just rolled his knee kinda bad with his man pushing him down while he was already in a compromised position

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Kibner posted:

ej liddel just rolled his knee kinda bad with his man pushing him down while he was already in a compromised position

That's a bummer for sure.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
God drat the commentary is bad even by SL standards on this MIL Boston game.

I liked when they tried out a bunch of out of the box commentary last year year just doing retired player tryouts again is boring and sucks.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Giddey is serving heaters tonight

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Russell Chetbrook

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Each summer league game I get more confused on why chet wasn't the main ball handler for Gonzaga

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Metapod posted:

Each summer league game I get more confused on why chet wasn't the main ball handler for Gonzaga

Definitely looks like it could have been an element they could have used.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
a college coach making a dumbass decision?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Bucks/Celtics is a sloppy as gently caress but fun game.

Papes posted:

a college coach making a dumbass decision?

It's a little more understandable for Gonzaga since they had a good offense anyway but it's hard to know how they are going to call the tournament to know if you'll be allowed to play offense or not. Last year the answer was "you weren't."

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat dude hit a game winner in the Celtics/Bucks game and came down and twisted his ankle.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

#1 Pelican Fan
https://twitter.com/Jim_Eichenhofer/status/1546659362826899456?s=20&t=Za8cbBdGXhg1C4hm_9CWjQ

And, yes, all three Pels draft picks this season got injured in just two games.

- Liddel earlier tonight from having his knee fold over under him when he was off balance with a guy leaning on him in the post

- Dyson from stepping on someone's foot and twisting his ankle

- Matkovic cut his hand on the rim (when dunking? I don't remember, tbh)

Rick posted:

drat dude hit a game winner in the Celtics/Bucks game and came down and twisted his ankle.

Saw that. A cursed Summer League this year.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
It looks like the Kings actually made a good draft choice, so that probably threw everything else out of wack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
DEEEETROIT BASKETBALL
on nba tv or sportsurge