Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Happy Fourth of July and welcome to the AFP Cookout, we got everything you could possibly want.

Burgers!

Chicken!

Surf and Turf!

BBQ!

Chili!

Nachos!

Drinks!
https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1543639427989340163

Dessert!

Games!

And fireworks!

Trip reports:
bunnyofdoom tries the Big Boss, which has less snake than one might imagine. And provides his taste test of the reeses cups burger, wherein he both wins and loses.
GOTTA STAY FAI tries out some weird Illinois regional food. And then explains the history of the breakfast abomination only known as The Harold And finishes up with a beautiful hand made reeses cups stuffed burger, beating out Bunnyofdoom. PROCLICK Then makes a delicious Ramen Sandwich
cash crab a local raccoon tries out Subway's in-name-only Lobster Sub And then goes balls ovaries deep into a Double Down
johnnyratbastard demonstrates false advertising with the help of Pizza Hut's mince pie bite stuffed crust pizza
PandaK makes his own pizzabomination
Horrible Smutbeast channels M Night in his tasting of Cadbury's with Vegemite.
And going above and beyond the line of duty, forums hero chitoryu12 goes all out and makes a sister thread just for MREs and military food. :911:
Tasteful Dickpic makes a weird hot dog abomination, but worst of all, he eats it with a fork.
Gotta Stay Fai graces us with his glorious radio voice once again. And maybe eats some poo poo from Wendys idk.
atholbrose goes to Burger King to try out their commemorative Ronald McDonald Clown Blood Burger Angriest Whopper.

Goon-approved AFP Recipes
The Page 1731 Chili Cheese Corndog Casserole

Mod Note: While there are no pizza rules, there is one major rule for this thread: do not post anyone eating live animals.

Somebody has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Dec 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's not an AFP thread without this classic

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Sorry but what the gently caress?

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Gonna bring my all-time favourite AFP quote over to this thread too: "your hotel coffee pot salmon has cum in it"

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

I believe the consensus was 'frozen processed burger patties with a ranch glaze thing' back when it first showed up

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

They look like glazed ceramic burgers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KennyMan666 posted:

Gonna bring my all-time favourite AFP quote over to this thread too: "your hotel coffee pot salmon has cum in it"

Looks bad Todd

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Are you sure they are even patties

They look more like some kind of hosed up cookies??? to me

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They look almost like slices of black pudding. Same "unknowable horror sliced from a dense tube of larger horror" vibe.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?

OwlFancier posted:

They look almost like slices of black pudding. Same "unknowable horror sliced from a dense tube of larger horror" vibe.

My first feeling was that they were slices of some super-greasy deep-sea fish or other creature, they've got that weird fish-oil sheen to them.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ok I’ll gently caress with this though? Some ugnsbakad lax? Hell yes???

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Rotisserie chicken accident from a Facebook friend:

My mom was cleaning our attic and found a cheese sandwich packed for lunch in a jacket my brother last used when he was 10.

At the time she found it my brother was 34.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

PurpleXVI posted:

Some sort of hosed up gluten free or keto pancakes?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

I believe the consensus was 'frozen processed burger patties with a ranch glaze thing' back when it first showed up

One person was convinced it was buckwheat flour pancakes

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It could be those very cheap hamburgers that turn into weird polypous landscapes of unidentifiable congealed fluids when cooked.

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...

They kinda look like Paua (Abalone) fritters like you might get at a takeaway fish and chip shop in NZ, but I have no idea what the sauce is. So it's probably cum.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

teen witch posted:

ok I’ll gently caress with this though? Some ugnsbakad lax? Hell yes???

Those look like peeled, boiled potatoes with some kind of aioli sauce on top (the homemade-ish one, not the industrial mayo-looking thing) and herbs. Would in a hearbeat!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Shellception posted:

Those look like peeled, boiled potatoes with some kind of aioli sauce on top (the homemade-ish one, not the industrial mayo-looking thing) and herbs. Would in a hearbeat!

If it’s what I think it is, it’s romsås - crème fraiche, mayo, dill, red onions and roe!

And yeah it’s solid with potatoes and lax

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

LoudPipesSaveLives posted:

I have no idea what the sauce is. So it's probably cum.

Is this the first thread title worthy quote from the new thread?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Artisanally bespoke grocery sushi, peanut butter crackers, and chef boyardee. :yum: What's more American than peanut butter and cultural appropriation?

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

teen witch posted:

If it’s what I think it is, it’s romsås - crème fraiche, mayo, dill, red onions and roe!

God yes. My Finnish mother in law makes an amazing mix just like this except without the roe. Throw it on some new potatoes and it’s the most delicious thing in the world. Potatoes and cream is why I am a fat.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Once you're mixing potatoes, creme fraiche and something oniony(chives, actual onions, etc.) then you practically have to go out of your way to screw up the results.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

First of May posted:

I might add a dollop of dijon to a glass of limoncello tomorrow. Will report back.

Some McGuirk level mixology going on here

https://youtu.be/fv4qXREecKM

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

You forgot to add the Beef Fizz to the OP.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Happy America day

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

PurpleXVI posted:

You know how there's normal Italian dressing and creamy Italian dressing?

Okay, now consider that regular ranch dressing is the "creamy" version, then consider what the non-creamy version would be like.

Then slop it on some very well-used sponges.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

teen witch posted:

It ain't the nicest looking of things, maybe. But it is pretty darn good.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

teen witch posted:

Oh hell yeah roe dressing? That sounds kickass too, now I want to try some.

EDIT: Google suggests it's Canadian! Honey dill sauce - honey, mayonnaise, and dried dill.

Shellception has a new favorite as of 13:23 on Jul 4, 2022

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Petitioning to change the "Midwest Special" square to "Chicago-style" as per this classic

https://twitter.com/davedittell/status/675806988572319744?s=20&t=pwXVvnro3Fh-QW5Z_gpIBQ

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

No because deep dish is an improvement on the form in every way.

Chicago hot dogs are a curse tho so it evens out.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

No because deep dish is an improvement on the form in every way.

Chicago hot dogs are a curse tho so it evens out.

A bread bowl full of tomato soup is not pizza. "No pizza rules" doesn't apply here because it isn't even pizza

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

its good pizza my dude

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Sirotan posted:

Petitioning to change the "Midwest Special" square to "Chicago-style" as per this classic

https://twitter.com/davedittell/status/675806988572319744?s=20&t=pwXVvnro3Fh-QW5Z_gpIBQ

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Enfys posted:

Happy America day

I want to believe this is made from Cotton Candy grapes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

A bread bowl full of tomato soup is not pizza. "No pizza rules" doesn't apply here because it isn't even pizza
It's a literal pizza pie, imo

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

evobatman posted:

My mom was cleaning our attic and found a cheese sandwich packed for lunch in a jacket my brother last used when he was 10.

At the time she found it my brother was 34.

That’s uh, not that bad for 24 years old

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

That’s uh, not that bad for 24 years old

Mold on cheese just means it's high class

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I don't think Chicago pizza is a food crime or anything but if you're going for a non-thin Midwest style then I gotta give it to Detroit-style pizza. That's the thicc pie for me.