Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

That's basically just a different kind of cooking meatloaf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Tiggum posted:

And then you didn't even link it yourself?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VosRKPBGE8

Thank you for this. Never seen it and that was a good pick me up for the morning

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Zero_Grade posted:

I know it doesn't work great, but the idea popped into my head and here we are.

toss a hyphen or two in there and it should work a bunch better

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Samovar posted:

Ok, this looks bad and I'm sure it would taste bad. But you CAN cook watermelon in a marinade that, when cooked, makes it taste almost exactly like salmon. It's so goddamn weird.

I hate this idea because salmon smells kinda fruity when it's starting to go bad. Pretty sure you just triggered some previously forgotten ptsd from old kitchen work.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Cougar gold is legit good cheese, and I'm lucky to live close enough to WSU to get it every now and then.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

more falafel please posted:

Not gonna lie, I want a pizza with some like halved/quartered meatballs, a reasonable amount of rigatoni/ziti, and a bunch of vodka sauce on top.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

boar guy posted:

yeah for mass produced, frozen and shipped nationwide, it ain't bad at all

better than any nonsense pie with the sauce on top, anyway

The little Caesars lunch special of a four piece in that style and a drink for $5bux is stupid good for the price. Can usually even get another light lunch from it the next day. Is it high end? gently caress no. Is it pretty drat good and filling and cheap and fast? gently caress yeah.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

It's just taco salad in a novelty shell at that point. I'm down.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Just an inconvenient hot pocket

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

hallo spacedog posted:

Who the gently caress is out there eating penguin eggs

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Desert Bus posted:

WTF hot glue will melt foam and probably do horrible things to the lettuce. Use Tacky Glue or Elmer's or something that isn't hot. I don't want melted foam outgassing onto my shrimp.

Foam smoked small pastries sound fine to me

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

"potato pancake" aka monkey paw rear end smothered hash browns

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Honestly can't think of a potato dish that would be hurt by adding cheese.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Fries? Cheese fries

Baked potato? Bet your rear end there's cheddar

Scalloped/au gratin? Duh

Potato pancakes/latke? Sure, why not

Mashed? If you don't turn them gloopy

Maybe, and only maybe I'll count something like rosemary roasted taters, but I still normally add a bit of romano to the end bake.

Edit: that's just cheese specifically. Dairy is always welcome/needed

Roundup Ready has a new favorite as of 19:37 on Dec 22, 2022

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Brawnfire posted:

poo poo, now I want funeral potatoes

Had to look that up, but hell yeah, I'm in

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'll bet it tastes weird with raw potatoes, but the weirdos who like eating raw potatoes would probably just like that even more

In no way do I support eating raw potatoes, but if I had to I think cheese would help

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

It amazes me how almost no cottage pie recipes have cheese as the top layer. Growing up, it was a staple in our house and always had a layer of cheddar on top cooked until it started to brown.

I always add some parm/romano on top to help crisp it up, thought that was pretty standard. Some fine shred cheddar would also probably be rad.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Peanut butter, baked ham, and chicken, on toast please

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

teen witch posted:

I like how it’s pretty obvious that we just kinda want a less garbage tasting Four Loko back. Like we can have caffeinated alcoholic beverages, kids are still getting drunk without it.

I miss classic Sparks every day.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Tumeric must have been pretty racy back when that recipe was made

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Elviscat posted:

The jarred fermented stuff is so much better then the canned pickled stuff. Not that I'll turn my nose up at the pickled stuff.

It's so drat easy to make too! Slice cabbage, toss with about 1.5-2 tsp per pound and massage it up for a bit. Let it sit out for 20ish minutes to get some brine going, then pack into a mason jar. I have fermentation weights and airlock lids, but you can pretty much just get by with a jar and a coffee filter secured to the top with a rubber band. Then just toss that bad boy in a cabinet for a week or two.

Obviously other stuff can be added as well. I like a clove or two of garlic, maybe some caraway seeds if I'm feeling nuts.

Batch I started yesterday

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Reminds me we got a Fat Shack in our town a couple years ago. Still haven't worked up the nerve to try it.

To be fair, the fat Darrell/bronco is just a kinda stoner version of a chx parm sandwich, just with fries tossed in

Roundup Ready has a new favorite as of 18:07 on Mar 8, 2023

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

zedprime posted:

Does anybody else see a pizza homunculus on the left, or do I need to go to therapy?

Looks like the corpse golem from that one atma cyoa thread

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

TriggerHappyMarie posted:

Other standout Dews for me are Pitch Black and Voodoo.

First episode of Netflix Queer Eye, the man they makeover drinks what he dubs ‘hillbilly margaritas’ which is, of course, Dew & Tequila, and is, of course, genius.

Pretty sure I've mentioned it before, but I had a friend turn me on to what she called a hillbilly highball. Mt dew and bourbon. Tastes like a half assed whiskey sour.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

a sexual elk posted:

Pineapple, pepperoni and pepperoncini pizza

Sweet salty “spicy”

This, but sub the pepperoncini for jalapeno have been my go to for chain pizza for well over a decade.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Mindless posted:

Messy Mike is overly-mayoed tuna salad

Dirty Andy is church picnic grade chicken soup and boxed mashed potoatos on a bun

Filthy Kevin is just saurkraut and pickles

Three filthy kevins, plz

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Elviscat posted:

If you fry that spam up real good, this would be loving delicious, like white person Musubi.

My once a year or so spam meal is close. Thin sliced spam and pineapple in a soy ginger chili marinade, fried up nice and crispy, on grilled bread with Swiss cheese.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

*Looking at my salt container*

Serving size: 100g
Sodium per serving: 100g

*drat, this sumabitch got a lotta sodium in it*

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Data Graham posted:

New movie by Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro: WHAT IS A FISH????

Matt Walsh. Shapiro is terrified of anything wet and Peterson doesn't care if it's not a lobster or a benzo

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

LifeSunDeath posted:

falafel burger is the original veggie burger, and it owns. Anyone else used to eat at Pita Pit? Was like subway for falafel wraps, it was legit. Maybe they still exist, I'm not gonna look it up tho.

They're still in basically every college town for sure. Been years since I've been there, but pro choice at bar close when you poo poo housed and need food. Especially when you know people that work there and give you free food

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Wee posted:

* mashes together 2 - 3 things already on the menu that you could mash together yourself * This is our new burger

This just reminded me of years back when McDonald's new hot burger idea was just throwing a couple fries in a basic rear end cheeseburger.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Zero_Grade posted:

Found in IoSM:

I live about a mile from a fat shack. Always been morbidly curious, but never taken the plunge into fat land.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

All the coleslaw sandwich talk makes me want a new Yorker/Brooklyner super bad. Pastrami, swiss, thousand island and slaw on marble rye. Sometimes tomato too.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Friggin lol at buns not included. Thanks for the pack of hot dogs in my overpriced mail order food dipshits.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Captain Hygiene posted:

His name's Enrique, and he does so much more than dishes and vegetables :colbert:

Last I checked he's going to be in prison for 22 years, so don't hold your breath.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

maybealabia posted:

Luckily once you drink a Moxie it keeps existing for a while because the aftertaste stays with you for hours

Gonna make a moxie and malort drink, flavor will never leave

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Sir Lemming posted:

Garden tomatoes are pretty much the only thing that totally lives up to the "better than store bought" hype. I enjoy other fresh stuff for various reasons but would probably fail a blind taste test most of the time.

Fresh taters are up there too. They actually taste like potato, not just generic starch that is a vessel for other flavors.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Tbf a basic as hell tomato sandwich is a pretty nice, light summer lunch if you have a good batch of toms. Just thin layer of mayo, couple thick slices of tomato with s&p is tasty as hell

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

SlothfulCobra posted:

I had that last year when I bought some clearance Easter cakes that came with some fake grass that was just shredded coconut with food coloring. I enjoyed munching on that, but my stool was absolutely glowing.

I still distinctly remember getting some novelty donut on a stick from dunkin back in the early 90s(?) that made me poop bright blue. I was super young and super confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Something like 15 years ago, a local grocery store has it's entire refrigeration system fail somehow. They had to dumpster everything cold/frozen. Being young and broke a bunch of us went over to raid. Employees were there and just let us go nuts as they were tossing stuff.

One of the things we snagged were the biggest loving shrimp I've ever seen. Things were probably u4 at least. I wish I had pictures.

We ate like kings for a week on all the rad meat we pilfered.