Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Season 24 starts July 6th on CBS and Paramount+. Last season was decent, if a steamroll. What will this year bring, more misery for the viewers or a fun cast with good gameplay?

This is the Spoiler thread, so anything in the episodes or on the live feeds will be fair game!

It's the summer TV season again, which means it's time for Big Brother. So what is Big Brother?

Big Brother (BB) is the original and superior source of 24/7 voyeurism on American televisions. The weekly CBS show features footage taken from live feeds of the Big Brother House. What's the big deal about the house? It's a reality game show which forces 15+ people to live together in a house during the summer, all while competing for power to kick other people out of the house and thus out of the game. All with the goal of being the final House Guest selected as the best player and worthy of the $500,000.

The 90+ cameras in the BB house capture all manner of insanity and "reality" when it comes to the House Guests. Meaning what you see on TV is barely half the story. Massive amounts of plotting and scheming are never aired, allowing the TV editors to craft whatever story they want for the viewing audience. Only the feed watchers or readers get the best take on what's really happening in the house.

Interested in seeing the true story of Big Brother 24?

Various sites provide recaps and running updates submitted by viewers of what's going on:

Big Brother Network
HamsterWatch
Online Big Brother

CBS provides live streaming HD coverage through the Paramount+ service.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

The official website also provides live feed clips of content not seen on TV.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/

This season's twist/hook:
"The BB Motel" - Festie Besties, with house broken into duos Week 2.

FAQ:

Q - I bought Paramount+ and all I see on the Live Feeds is fish/trivia?
A - Though it is billed as 24/7, the live feeds will not run during several specific instances: Any time a competition is ongoing, any time nominations are held, legal requirements and/or for control booth interaction. Legal requirements can include when the houseguests start to sing, the HGs talk about a family member by name who didn't sign a release or some other legally grey area. Generally the booth will cut in to warn the HGs or provide some guidance for some ongoing issue.

Q - Is it even worth it to spend $$$ on the feeds?
A - With Big Brother part of Paramount+, you get more bang for your buck. You'll get both the live feeds, access to the existing CBS/Paramount library and new shows like the Star Trek series. in addition to the feeds you'll have access to every episode of the U.S. edition of Big Brother, all for $4.99 per month (with ads and no local CBS) or $9.99 per month (with local CBS and limited ads). If you're wanting access to that library, it might help your decision. Otherwise also note that the purchase is a recurring charge, so you'll need to cancel when the season is over.

Q - Can the feeds really make that big a difference in how you see an HG?
A - Ask anyone who watched previous seasons, this is pretty much rinse and repeat at this point. Often times controversial statements regarding gender/race/sexuality never see the light of day on the broadcast show. Instead they are relegated to the live feeds only, and serve as the only way to really see what type of people the house guests are.

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reserved for news and updates.

Week 1
HOH: Daniel
Backstage Boss: Pooch (Found random power among HG game passes. Chose 3 for Backstage Pass)
Backstage Pass: Brittany, Alyssa, Paloma (Can't be nominated, play in veto or vote. America votes to save one [Brittany wins])
Nominees: Michael & Terrance
Veto: Michael (Used on self, replaced with Taylor)
Final Nominees: Terrance VS Taylor
Note: Paloma leaves the game
Backstage Comp: One of two remaining Backstage Pass would have faced house chosen (evicted) Houseguest. Winner stays in house, loser evicted. (Comp cancelled due to Paloma leaving)
Eviction: Cancelled due to Paloma leaving

Week 2
HOH: Jasmin (Also injures ankle)
Nominees: Pooch & Taylor
Veto: Michael (Not used)
Final Nominees: Pooch VS Taylor
Eviction: Pooch (12-0)

Week 3
Note: Festy Besties Twist: Pick partner to form Besties duo. Are nominated and play veto together (Michael/Brittany, Nicole/Taylor, Monte/Joseph, Daniel/Kyle, Alyssa/Indy, Ameerah/Terrance, Turner/Jasmine)
HOH: Turner (Jasmine protected)
Nominees: Brittany & Michael
Veto: Brittany & Michael (Both used on selves, replaced with Ameerah & Terrance)
Final Nominees: Ameerah VS Terrance
Eviction: Ameerah (7-4) [Terrance can choose Besties to join, selects Monte & Joseph]

Week 4
HOH: Monte (Joseph and Terrance protected)
Nominees: Alyssa & Indy
Veto: Daniel & Kyle (Daniel used on Alyssa & Indy, replaced with Nicole & Taylor)
Final Nominees: Nicole VS Taylor
Eviction: Nicole (9-1) [Taylor can choose Besties to join, selects Alyssa & Indy]

Week 5
HOH: Michael (Brittany protected)
Nominees: Joseph, Monte & Terrance
Veto: Brittany & Michael (Used on Joseph, Monte & Terrance, replaced with Daniel & Kyle)
Final Nominees: Daniel VS Kyle
Eviction: Daniel (8-1) [Besties twist ends. Jury starts]

Week 6
HOH: Taylor
Nominees: Indy & Terrance
Veto: Kyle (Not used) [Prizes: Jasmine London Trip, Alyssa $5K. Punishments: Taylor tethered to Joseph, Terrance 182 temporary tattoos, Indy punk outfit]
Final Nominees: Indy VS Terrance
Eviction: Indy (7-1)

Week 7 - Split into two 5 person houses
House One [Big Brochella]: Michael, Brittany, Jasmine, Monte, Taylor
HOH: Michael
Nominees: Jasmine & Monte
Veto: Brittany (Not used)
Final Nominees: Jasmine VS Monte
Eviction: Jasmine (2-0)

House Two [Dyrefest]: Terrance, Alyssa, Kyle, Turner, Joseph
HOH: Terrance
Nominees: Joseph & Turner
Veto: Terrance (Used on Turner, replaced with Kyle)
Final Nominees: Joseph VS Kyle
Eviction: Joseph (2-0)

Week 8
HOH: Turner
Nominees: Brittany & Taylor
Veto: Michael (Used on Brittany, replaced with Kyle)
Final Nominees: Kyle VS Taylor
Eviction: Kyle (5-0)

Week 9
HOH: Michael
Nominees: Alyssa & Terrance
Veto: Michael (Not used)
Final Nominees: Alyssa VS Terrance
Eviction: Terrance (4-0)

Week 9 (Double Eviction)
HOH: Turner
Nominees: Alyssa & Brittany
Veto: Monte (Used on Alyssa, replace with Michael)
Final Nominees: Brittany VS Michael
Eviction: Michael (3-0)

Week 10
HOH: Monte
Nominees: Alyssa & Brittany
Veto: Brittany (Used on self, replaced with Taylor)
Final Nominees: Alyssa VS Taylor
Eviction: Alyssa (1-1 Monte breaks tie)

Week 11
HOH: Taylor
Nominees: Brittany & Turner
Veto: Monte (Not used)
Final Nominees: Brittany VS Turner
Eviction: Brittany (1-0)

Week 12
Final HOH Part One: Turner
Final HOH Part Two: Monte
Final HOH Part Three: Turner VS Monte (Winner)
Eviction: Turner (1-0)
Finale: Monte VS Taylor
Winner: Taylor (8-1)
America’s Favorite Houseguest: Taylor

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 26, 2022

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Usually there's at least a couple of bios that jump out at me before the season. None of them really do. Which can be good. Maybe more "regular" people this year again.

"Regular" being subjective, of course.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Well so long Marvin, not the one I figured might be replaced. New HG is Joseph Abdin.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Why is Marvin gone?

Edit: apparently because he got through to the next round on America's Got Talent and decided to pursue that instead.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 6, 2022

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i have never watched BB before but i have watched other long-form game shows like Survivor and The Amazing Race and whatnot. is there anything super critical i should know? i just noticed that tonight was S24E1 so i've decided to tune in and watch a season of BB for once

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Welcome! Might want to check out the live show episode thread where I break down the game a bit more:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006475

Not a whole lot of big things to watch out for, just know this first episode isn’t quite like the show. More just intros for everyone. Other thing is that there’s a show outside the show with the live feeds. Meaning the CBS episodes tend to show a very loose approximation of what may have happened to get where the show ended up. Usually that’s a side effect of trying to make sense of sometimes a crazy amount of gameplay.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
drat that one girl took the blue liquid blast right to the forehead and it broke the suction on her goggles. loads of gunk right in the eyes

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Isn't Backstage Boss objectively better than HoH? You get the safety of HoH, minus the responsibility of evicting someone and the weakness of having to sit out the next week's HoH comp. The only downside is that you can't win veto, but you don't really need the safety of veto anyway. A worse potential downside is not being able to participate in a special competition for powers or prizes, so hopefully there's one of those in the next week.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

pospysyl posted:

Isn't Backstage Boss objectively better than HoH? You get the safety of HoH, minus the responsibility of evicting someone and the weakness of having to sit out the next week's HoH comp. The only downside is that you can't win veto, but you don't really need the safety of veto anyway. A worse potential downside is not being able to participate in a special competition for powers or prizes, so hopefully there's one of those in the next week.

But you had to pick 3 others who can't play but CAN be evicted, basically making 3 possible enemies.

edit: Paloma looks exactly like Alyssa from last year.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Which is weird because Alyssa is essentially Alyssa from last year. Same home town, career and the two Alyssas apparently know each other.

Backstage Boss still might result in someone going home. So while it is somewhat good, they basically have no social capital in the game. HOH has the ability to make some deals, push for/against Veto to be used, etc. It seems like one of the three Boss choices will be saved by America. I'm wondering if the Boss will choose one of the remaining two to be on the block Eviction night.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Thanks for making the thread. That Hippy guy from mass is going to drive me crazy.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Teek posted:

Which is weird because Alyssa is essentially Alyssa from last year. Same home town, career and the two Alyssas apparently know each other.

Backstage Boss still might result in someone going home. So while it is somewhat good, they basically have no social capital in the game. HOH has the ability to make some deals, push for/against Veto to be used, etc. It seems like one of the three Boss choices will be saved by America. I'm wondering if the Boss will choose one of the remaining two to be on the block Eviction night.

I think Pooch (POOCH!) did the best he could with the way he picked the people. The three Backstage choices still have some moves, might it could be an easy choice to put 2 up which would then pretty much invalidate veto since no one would have a reason to save them.

The Alyssa connection is funny. That one Backstage girl also reminds me a lot of Sarah Beth, at least looks-wise.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm getting the vibe that this season will either be a boring straightforward majority alliance steamroll and/or very problematic.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

If anyones interested the most recent season of big brother canada was god drat incredible. Amazing cast and really good gameplay. Every week somrthing great happened. Go watch it.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Anyone going to be recapping the feeds?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Not sure if anyone has the cycles for that anymore. I highly recommend the daily Rob has a Podcast recap that Taran Armstrong does. Here’s the one for today which will start in an hour or so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0ze_vwj0FM

Typically these will be a 40-60 minute recap and breakdown of all the important and noteworthy events.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Oh yeah that's fine, I listen to that already but I loved STACs recaps.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Daniel contemplating who to put up today. Thoughts are it's unfair to put up the 3 girls in Backstage. Can't nominate the Backstage Boss, and can't nom himself, so his options are already limited with only 11 possible people on the first week.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Michael and Terrance nominated. Both fairly easy non-threatening picks. They like a couple of other house people were really slow on talking to Daniel about noms. I think the Boss picks also made him a little shy about nominating someone huge, since neither of his noms might go home.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Michael won veto. Yay! Happy that the easy nom cop out won’t work.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Teek posted:

Michael won veto. Yay! Happy that the easy nom cop out won’t work.

Daniel, Alyssa, and Paloma talking about maybe putting up Taylor. They don't think she wants to work with them. Only issue is the 2 girls can't vote this week.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

\

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Jul 10, 2022

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I feel like Taylor is the easy slam dunk nom for Daniel to make. It sounds like everyone dislikes her for "reasons"? Apparently Paloma I think saw on twitter before she went into sequester that a beauty queen was coming into the house and has assumed it's Taylor and has basically been like "Taylor sucks" to the whole house

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Funny thing about that is Paloma actually sucks and Taylor doesn't.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

This feed was lit last night. Taylor is going home. She told Monte that Paloma was gunning for him. Monte told Paloma because he's semi-working with her. Everyone got mad at Taylor for lying. Monte is out for blood the most.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Paloma's giving me a terrible first impression here

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 11, 2022

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
When is the next episode of Big Brother?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

SalTheBard posted:

When is the next episode of Big Brother?

Today (Sunday) at 8pm, then Wednesday.

pospysyl posted:

Paloma's giving me a terrible first impression here

Well, buckle up, because everyone but one person in the house appears to adore her.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Holy loving poo poo I'm watching the episode now. Paloma sucks. I can see why all the Cookout members are pissed

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Veto ceremony happened, looks like Taylor was the renom.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I would have been stunned if she wasn't.

What was crazy about the episode was unless it was edited way out of order most of the hate for Taylor that I saw was AFTER the original nominations. I can't remember if the episode covered the dress wearing incident, but I know the drama over Taylor trying to screw over Paloma happened after noms so next episode is going to be even a bigger doozy if they put some of that stuff in.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Jesus loving Christ this house sucks. I really hate this.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Our hope, at this point, is that production uses the backstage twist to ensure Paloma goes home somehow, then we can maybe have a hard reset with the chaotic person leaving.

Another side of me wants her to stay though because she's absolutely loving nuts, and that makes for good tv to watch them burn out and probably ruin their lives.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I’m starting this late - why does Paloma suck

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Pillowpants posted:

She's my favorite, but a lot of twitter/reddit/etc don't like that she went have Taylor and they consider that racist. The great thing about Paloma is she talks a mile a minute and can't stay focused and if you love drama and excitement you should pray she wins HOH.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Pillowpants posted:

Basically she and several of the other women lead a "anti-Talyor" crusade based upon basically nothing and at most gross exaggerations of what was happening. Then, when attempts were made by Taylor to counter that, many of the others basically said "Oh, well she has to go anyway" with no real effort on their part to re-evaluate why they were treating her like they did.

Many of the other Housegusts built up the evilness of Taylor by talking up how she would obviously blow up angrily after being nominated, so it's better to get her out now. Of course naturally she reacted to her nomination by apologizing, making honest attempts at trying to figure out how she hurt people and then also crying to herself. What an evil b.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 12, 2022

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
If Paloma has one thing going for her, it's S-tier Big Brother delusion. She makes Kaitlyn look tame.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

not watching but I heard she told someone she already has the whole game mapped out and in check mate.

She announced a master plan of how after she'd win she'd invest in the other players businesses with the money. Production called her to the DR to scold her and she came out, started reading the rule book, and then doubled down on the idea

It seems like she's nearly Frenchy-level chaotic just in her own unique way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Brutal speech from Daniel for the nomination. "Rally for votes and maybe apologize for the things you've said." lmfao