Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone posted:

I'll take Andy Greene 2012-2016 when he should have made the Olympic team and Sean Couturier 2017-2021. Two classy defensively dominant players who can fill in wherever in my lineup.

G.Perreault-Béliveau-Kurri
Elias-Sakic-Hejduk
Firsov-Francis-Tarasenko
G.Roberts-R.O'Reilly-Pavelski
Rantanen/Couturier

Harvey-Murphy
Kasatonov-Boyle
A.Greene-Spurgeon
Ozolinsh

Vasilevskiy
Giacomin

Coach Mike Sullivan

I remember you having a Greene-Spurgeon pairing last time we did this right? Greene was criminally underrated in his prime, one of those guys who was so good at everything that you didn't even notice him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

I remember you having a Greene-Spurgeon pairing last time we did this right? Greene was criminally underrated in his prime, one of those guys who was so good at everything that you didn't even notice him

I think I did. I tried to take mostly guys that I didn't take last time but as my time turned into a classy gimmick of sorts I had to have those two.

Prime Greene/Spurgeon would be p nuts

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1250449308031295490?lang=en

https://twitter.com/jfreshhockey/status/1460418785161236480?lang=en

The Devils getting Madden/Rafalski/Clarkson/Greene undrafted really helped them dodge some of Conte and Lou's drafting.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Aug 29, 2022

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Spurgeon is so good.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I think I have two picks? I'll take Chris Kunitz and Darryl Sydor

Matthews-Datsyuk-Jagr
Zetterberg-Thornton-Bossy
Guentzel-Nieuwendyk-Middleton
Zubrus-Holik-Linden

Brad Richards/Chris Kunitz
Darryl Sydor

Vasiliev-Letang
Timonen-Doughty
Lowe-Stackhouse

Smith
Thomas

Head coach: Jon Cooper

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

The Vancouver Canucks select....

Jordan Kyrou
20-

And....

Lester Patrick
27-37

Who of course if you haven’t already heard,

quote:

He is famous for an incident which occurred on April 7, 1928, during Game 2 of the 1928 Stanley Cup Finals against the Montreal Maroons. After starting goaltender Lorne Chabot suffered an eye injury after being hit by the puck in the middle of the second period, Patrick inserted himself into the game as the Rangers' new netminder, offering his now-teammates the words "Boys, don't let an old man down." At the age of 44 years, 99 days, Patrick remains the oldest man to have played in the Stanley Cup Finals. At the time it was not common for teams to have a backup goaltender, and the opposing team's coach had to allow a substitute goaltender. However, Maroons manager-coach Eddie Gerard refused to give permission for the Rangers to use Alec Connell, the Ottawa Senators' star netminder who was in the stands, as well as minor-leaguer Hugh McCormick. Odie Cleghorn, the then-coach of the Pittsburgh Pirates, stood in for Patrick as coach for the remainder of the game, and directed the Rangers to check fiercely at mid-ice which limited the Maroon players to long harmless shots. Patrick saved 18 to 19 shots while allowing one goal in helping the Rangers to an overtime victory. For the next three games, the league gave permission for the Rangers to use Joe Miller from the New York Americans in goal. The Rangers went on to win the Stanley Cup, their first in franchise history

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Renfrew picks Patrick Roy as their head coach because he is an absolute loving shithead of a coach.

When I get some time later I'll finish off my teams and do a recap.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
MissingJagr finishes off his team with Dale McCourt 1978-1983 and Tony Granato 1989-1993.

Apps-H.Richard-Hedberg
Tonelli-Sanderson-Verbeek
Aho-Muller-Kessel
Hadfield-Vi.Kozlov-Pederson
McCourt/Granato

Niedermayer-Salming
Suter-Carlyle
Greschner-S.Jones
C.White

Plante
Vachon

Coach Toe Blake