Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Game-Blouses posted:

Just got offered a mega trade out of left field. 12 superflex dynasty. My Herbert for his Russ and JT. Probably going to decline due to the timeline I’m on, but I’ll be damned if that’s not intriguing.

I'd keep Herbert without a doubt unless you're absolutely stacked at QB. JT's value is likely never higher than it is this offseason, unless you're competing this season and next I wouldn't even consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

edit: got two trades mixed up nm

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ChuckBTY posted:

Ok guys, I finally made the plunge and joined a (already ongoing) Dynasty league. Needless to say since I got the guy who lefts team it's hot garbage:

QB's: Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB's: David Montgomery, Mark Ingram, Kenyan Drake
WR's: Stephon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Marvin Jones, Jakobi Myers
TE: Evan Ingram
D/ST: Dallas
Kicker: Mason Crosby

Obviously I have a rebuild.

One of the other owners offered my McCaffery for Allen and the 2nd overall pick in the Rookie Draft. Do I do that? I'm not a big fan of McCaffery right now due to his recent injury history but I understand he's probably a top 5 dynasty guys still. Would I rather have Hill or Walker in the Rookie Draft and try to rebuild that way? Clearly my RB's are hot garbage.

I assume this is not SF. Whenever you post a roster, try to include scoring settings and how many teams. It is hard to grade a team without that information.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

ChuckBTY posted:

Ok guys, I finally made the plunge and joined a (already ongoing) Dynasty league. Needless to say since I got the guy who lefts team it's hot garbage:

QB's: Josh Allen, Joe Burrow
RB's: David Montgomery, Mark Ingram, Kenyan Drake
WR's: Stephon Diggs, Tyreek Hill, Marvin Jones, Jakobi Myers
TE: Evan Ingram
D/ST: Dallas
Kicker: Mason Crosby

Obviously I have a rebuild.

One of the other owners offered my McCaffery for Allen and the 2nd overall pick in the Rookie Draft. Do I do that? I'm not a big fan of McCaffery right now due to his recent injury history but I understand he's probably a top 5 dynasty guys still. Would I rather have Hill or Walker in the Rookie Draft and try to rebuild that way? Clearly my RB's are hot garbage.

If you're in a rebuild then I'd avoid buying an aging RB. Sell your older assets before they hit their value cliff (Diggs, Hill, Montgomery) and try to get back future first round picks and young up-and-comers. Don't sell your own first round picks, they should be pretty high while you're rebuilding.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Swept my main league last season (1st place in regular season payout and then championship) and going to shoot for the unlikely repeat sweep. It would net me this super dumb thing we created called the Dynasty Pot that no one has gotten in the last 11 years. I’m drafting 10th for the first time ever, this is going to be tricky but it’s a 4-player keeper league and I think I can keep enough RB talent to go WR/QB on the first turn and then TE at the end of the 3rd depending on who is available.

Still way too early to tell though, we go through a whole bidding process for waiver pickups from the previous season.

Lordy I’m so loving pumped for football to start up again. Best of luck to everyone this season except the rest of the Goontier B-league!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whoreson Welles posted:

Swept my main league last season (1st place in regular season payout and then championship) and going to shoot for the unlikely repeat sweep. It would net me this super dumb thing we created called the Dynasty Pot that no one has gotten in the last 11 years. I’m drafting 10th for the first time ever, this is going to be tricky but it’s a 4-player keeper league and I think I can keep enough RB talent to go WR/QB on the first turn and then TE at the end of the 3rd depending on who is available.

Still way too early to tell though, we go through a whole bidding process for waiver pickups from the previous season.

Lordy I’m so loving pumped for football to start up again. Best of luck to everyone this season except the rest of the Goontier B-league!

Have you posted your keepers yet?

Game-Blouses
Dec 18, 2008

fennesz posted:

I'd keep Herbert without a doubt unless you're absolutely stacked at QB. JT's value is likely never higher than it is this offseason, unless you're competing this season and next I wouldn't even consider it.

I think that’s where I’m at. Taylor won’t put me into immediate contention. I’d rather have QB stability. Who knows how long Stafford has and Teddy is just a backup for now. Might take one of Willis or Ridder if they are there at 2.04 in the rookie draft.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Sataere posted:

Have you posted your keepers yet?

Not yet, I won’t bore the thread with our web of salary, bidding, and max season keeper rules but I’ll boil it down for simplicity.

Make note I’ll still get to make these picks, I’m just equating their keeper value to the round it’s worth.

Definitely:
Keep Najee at 1st round value
Keep Deebo at 8th round value

Pick 2:
Keep James Conner at 8th round value
Keep AJ Dillon at 8th round value
Keep Rodgers at 5th round value

Or if I ignore all three of them, I can try to outbid everyone for Chubb or Jones and then just use my 4th keeper on some unbidded flyer like St. Brown as long as no one puts him up for bid. These are also wildly theoretical because this could all change once my leaguemates start announcing keepers and we do out waiver bids.

I always find it tough to share my keepers and get feedback because the way our league is setup I would need my own goddamn thread just to explain everything. At the end of the day I love it and we’ve been going 12 years strong, even with people getting married and having kids.

Also wild card option:
Keep Najee, Deebo, Mike Evans and Pollard for exactly the salary cap, then take the best available RB at pick 10 or 11 as long as I’m not reaching too far.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whoreson Welles posted:

Not yet, I won’t bore the thread with our web of salary, bidding, and max season keeper rules but I’ll boil it down for simplicity.

Make note I’ll still get to make these picks, I’m just equating their keeper value to the round it’s worth.

Definitely:
Keep Najee at 1st round value
Keep Deebo at 8th round value

Pick 2:
Keep James Conner at 8th round value
Keep AJ Dillon at 8th round value
Keep Rodgers at 5th round value

Or if I ignore all three of them, I can try to outbid everyone for Chubb or Jones and then just use my 4th keeper on some unbidded flyer like St. Brown as long as no one puts him up for bid. These are also wildly theoretical because this could all change once my leaguemates start announcing keepers and we do out waiver bids.

I always find it tough to share my keepers and get feedback because the way our league is setup I would need my own goddamn thread just to explain everything. At the end of the day I love it and we’ve been going 12 years strong, even with people getting married and having kids.

Also wild card option:
Keep Najee, Deebo, Mike Evans and Pollard for exactly the salary cap, then take the best available RB at pick 10 or 11 as long as I’m not reaching too far.

Dude, it is the offseason. Bore us. It is hard to give an idea on keeper values if we don't have all the information. Even if you don't want the advice, it's always a fun thought exercise.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Fair point. If I get time at work tomorrow and can get in front of a keyboard I’ll go further into detail. It’s a fun league and honestly I love the planning going into the pre-season. It’s a lot of guessing who will keep which players and figuring out how many points they’ll have left to bid with.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Hey everyone - just wanted to make a plug for the SAS Dynasty League since we're trying to recruit for 2 members to help close out our league:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003776

This is the last of 12 years of the league, and we want to be able to finish strong - if anyone's interested in joining up for a one-off to close out the series, you could very well have your name in lights (and a plaque) for your efforts!

The two teams up for grabs are
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2022/options?L=34155&F=0011&O=07
and
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2022/options?L=34155&F=0002&O=07

and the details for the league are in the thread. Feel free to post if you're interested, stake your claim, and show us all how to manage a fading dynasty!

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Alright my boss is out today. This is going to be a long post, I won’t be upset if you ignore it because it’s a lot of math.

MEGA-EARLY OVERTHINKING KEEPER AND DRAFT SELECTION SESSION

I’ll lay down the basics of the league and try to keep it focused on the main aspects that will help provide feedback on who to keep and draft for.

10-team league. 17-man roster. RB/WR/TE Flex. 0.5 PPR, rest is standard scoring except 6pt passing TD. 4 keepers each year. 460 point salary cap for keepers.

Salary value is based on OA draft position. The year we started, 1.01 was designated 170pts, 1.02 was 169pts, 17.10 was 1pt, you get the idea.

Waiver pickups during the year can be kept through three methods: The team that ended with them on their roster can lock them for 100 points, or if they aren’t locked they can be bid on through our Restricted Free Agency process. If they aren’t bid on at all, they can be kept by the team for 1pt.

Additionally, drafted players can be kept only two times for a total of three consecutive seasons. After the third season, they enter the RFA and can be bid on by everyone for one final season. After that, they go back in the pool. Waiver pickups can also only be kept two times (either through locking for 100 or bidding), then they are also subject to the RFA for one more year, then thrown back.

With all that in mind, now we get to the meat. Here are my best players worth keeping at their value. I’m leaving out guys like Darrell Henderson at 130 because that is way too high for him this year.

Najee Harris - 155
Mike Evans - 142
Aaron Rodgers - 117
Deebo Samuel - 92
James Conner - 84
AJ Dillon - 83
Tony Pollard - 68
I have Dalton Schultz and Dawson Knox who can both be locked for 100 or if they slip by, kept for 1.

Here are the players going into RFA this season and their STARTING bid value.
Josh Allen - 176
Saquon Barkley - 165
Davante Adams - 158
Stefon Diggs - 146
Lamar Jackson - 120
George Kittle - 100
Nick Chubb - 69 lol
Chris Godwin - 42
Aaron Jones - 28
Patrick Mahomes - 24

Overall pretty decent RFA class. If I keep Najee and Deebo at the very least, that leaves me with 213 points and I’m pick 10. The All-Star guys will probably get bid up well over 150. Which is where my conundrum comes in.

With 213 points I can probably secure one of the guys on that list but it won’t leave me with enough to keep even Pollard, so I’ll have to take some lesser player as my 4th keeper. Then I’ll have to just wait and see who falls to me at the 10/11 turn and fill gaps. Would you guys rather keep Najee, Deebo, and then a 2-combo of Dillon/Conner/Rodgers, or would you bid way high to secure someone on that RFA list and pray nobody bids up Schultz, Knox, St. Brown, or some other flyer?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

fennesz posted:

I'm right there with you. MVS didn't drop any passes in 2021 either. And his catches and yards would have gone way, way up had Rodgers been able to find him deep. I think we were playing the Lions (I'm a Packer fan) and Rodgers missed MVS on three or four deep balls in just a series or two - and judging from Rodgers' reaction afterward it looked like he knew they were all his fault as well. The fact he was only ever a burner in Green Bay I think more had to do with Davante being as dominant as he was and just not really getting the reps he needed to make the next step. Rodgers has said this offseason that "80% of plays were drawn up with Davante in mind" that doesn't leave a whole lot of meat on the bone for a guy like MVS trying to flesh out his route tree.

I'm not sold he can be a true WR1 on the Chiefs but I'm hopeful he can become a player similar to Tyler Lockett was with Russ. I think JuJu could step up and be the guy in KC but after getting MVS at an ADP of 150-200 all summer in best ball I'm really committed to him at this point.

More smoke

PFF posted:

Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Kansas City Chiefs

The former Green Bay Packers receiver took his time in free agency and landed in an optimal spot with the Chiefs after Tyreek Hill was traded to Miami. Valdes-Scantling traveled to Texas to spend some time with new quarterback Patrick Mahomes before OTAs and minicamp, and it appeared to have paid off. The Athletic’s Nate Taylor dubbed him the Chiefs’ “best receiver” in their offseason workout program.

Kansas City is excited by what it saw from Valdes-Scantling this offseason, per one source. MVS started 39 games over four seasons with the Packers but has a chance to be Mahomes’ top wide receiver in 2022.

source:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-wide-receivers-bigger-roles-2022-gabriel-davis-sammy-watkins

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
MVS is loving godawful and I cannot wait for people to pay ludicrous money for him in auctions when his actual value is like -$69

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Poque posted:

MVS is loving godawful and I cannot wait for people to pay ludicrous money for him in auctions when his actual value is like -$69

:lol:

"I don't actually watch football"

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
MVS is 28, has never caught more than 38 passes in a season (which he did as a 24 year old rookie), and has a career 50% catch rate. That's across four unremarkable seasons.

Maybe he'll change teams and see marked improvement like Robert Woods when he moved to the Rams, but it's more likely he's just a deep threat role player.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm thinking about Joe Horn who was nothing but a deep threat on the Chiefs for four years, went to the Saints and became a pro bowler it happens.

And nobody is saying this is a sure thing at least address my supporting argument you're just re-stating what we already knew.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

In 9 ten-team mocks with most/all humans he has gone for $1 every time . In 4 twelve-team mocks he has gone between $1-3.

Also just did my first mostly human ESPN mock. They have got to get better projections. Chubb went for $23 on a $200 budget

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Also just did my first mostly human ESPN mock. They have got to get better projections. Chubb went for $23 on a $200 budget

Wonder if people are just feeling burned by how godawful the Browns gameplans were late in the season. Stefanski was having broken, janky-rear end Baker drop back a million times for no apparent reason.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

In 9 ten-team mocks with most/all humans he has gone for $1 every time . In 4 twelve-team mocks he has gone between $1-3.

Right and please know everybody that I'm talking about a dynasty rookies and free agents draft not a real one. Like, Jacoby Brissett also went in the second round of this draft.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

Right and please know everybody that I'm talking about a dynasty rookies and free agents draft not a real one. Like, Jacoby Brissett also went in the second round of this draft.

Yeah that's fair, but also NFL first round rookie WRs and 1st rookie QB off the board in a SF league absolutely go for more than $1-3 in an auction. If anything, MVS should be more valuable in redraft than dynasty imo.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

Wonder if people are just feeling burned by how godawful the Browns gameplans were late in the season. Stefanski was having broken, janky-rear end Baker drop back a million times for no apparent reason.

Chubb regularly goes for $40-55 on Yahoo and Sleeper. ESPN is just a little insane early in the fantasy season

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

MVS has a 50% catch rate because he was used in green bay exclusively as a long-bomb target. Short and medium passes always went to davante adams or whichever RB or TE was on the field. I don't know how to do this but you guys who are really good at stat lookups, I'd be curious to see the catch rating of all WRs for passing attempts of at least 40 yards or similar.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

Owning Chubb last year was a like a lesson in "how much poo poo you can take".

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Stefanski is going to have Brisket throwing 50+ times a game

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

First off, I kinda love this setup, but I am a math nerd. Before I can figure out this breakdown, I need clarification on a couple of things.

1) Even though the keeper is are based on that points model, your regular draft is a snake draft?
2) Do you have to keep four keepers?
3) If you don't have to keep four, what happens if you keep nobody? Do you get four draft picks at the end of your draft?
4) Which players are you sure will be kept on other rosters and thus won't be back in the player pool?

EconDad posted:

While Chubb was frustrating, his ADP right now is pretty good value. He still had 228 carries for 1259 yards and 8 TDs, along with a 20/174/1 receiving line. He was the RB11 last year in performance, but people are treating him like he was a letdown because he didn't outperform his draft position. You drafted him in the first round and he was a low end RB1. This year, you can get him in the second and I don't really see anything to indicate he will regress terribly. He seems like he's being really undervalued this year.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'm realizing all I have in terms of 3 WR + Flex salary cap/auction data is a couple of real ones each year plus a whole lotta theory.

Please help me change that this Saturday at 1 PM PST, it's part of my weekly draft stream.

https://sleeper.com/draft/nfl/853452954202640384

Theoretically, the market should bottom out higher, so basic BBQ should still work as a last-minute one-size-fits-all strat. But I need actual data to back that up.

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 15, 2022

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Sataere posted:

While Chubb was frustrating, his ADP right now is pretty good value. He still had 228 carries for 1259 yards and 8 TDs, along with a 20/174/1 receiving line. He was the RB11 last year in performance, but people are treating him like he was a letdown because he didn't outperform his draft position. You drafted him in the first round and he was a low end RB1. This year, you can get him in the second and I don't really see anything to indicate he will regress terribly. He seems like he's being really undervalued this year.

The issue with Chubb is his ceiling is capped by hunt and usage. He just isn't used as a receiving back in a meaningful way. Even when hunt was out, dernest took a bunch of those snaps.

Like yeah, Chubb is probably a low end RB1 or high 2. But he doesn't have the same upside as the guys ahead of him or even some of those going after him (in HPPR or PPR formats).

In the second round I'm looking for someone with league winning upside and Chubb just doesn't have that based on what we know about him.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 15, 2022

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

EconDad posted:

I won a chip with him :smug:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kind of a fun fact for only me but in all three leagues I was in the person who won it all had Cooper Kupp

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Sataere posted:

100% agree. I love his potential if getting him in the late 2nd/early 3rd. I feel like the universe is owed a season where Nick Chubb gets to be a legit workhorse at least for a time and go absolutely ape poo poo on the NFL like Derrick Henry got to. I think there's a sneaky upside narrative for him right now where, after Watson's suspension is finalized, the Browns have to decide whether to hold onto Kareem Hunt for 2023. Hunt is in the last year of his contract, is currently in negotiations with the Browns with no real hint of whether they are close, and he'll be 28 in 2023. I think the smart play is trading him for future assets and rolling with cheaper young RBs. And then you let Nick Chubb eat until another back can prove they actually deserve the role that Kareem Hunt had.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

kiimo posted:

Kind of a fun fact for only me but in all three leagues I was in the person who won it all had Cooper Kupp

Yeah thats how fantasy works.

Tomlinson. Moss. Lmaar. CMC. Chase. Kupp. Henry. JT. Mahomes 50td year...

Those guys got you to the finals. You likely won.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I had Mahomes 50 TD and didn't make the finals :(

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Spermy Smurf posted:

Yeah thats how fantasy works.

Tomlinson. Moss. Lmaar. CMC. Chase. Kupp. Henry. JT. Mahomes 50td year...

Those guys got you to the finals. You likely won.

I went undefeated that year that Jamaal Charles was scoring all those 50-point games.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Ask me about missing the playoffs with Kupp and Samuel!

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

Ask me about missing the playoffs with Kupp and Samuel!

I saw this in real time and feltbadman. don't forget to mention this was in a 20 team league, which makes it that much more unreal.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Sataere posted:

First off, I kinda love this setup, but I am a math nerd. Before I can figure out this breakdown, I need clarification on a couple of things.

1) Even though the keeper is are based on that points model, your regular draft is a snake draft?
2) Do you have to keep four keepers?
3) If you don't have to keep four, what happens if you keep nobody? Do you get four draft picks at the end of your draft?
4) Which players are you sure will be kept on other rosters and thus won't be back in the player pool?

1) Correct. We weave in keepers according to points value and the next pick after assumes the points where they would fill in. Ex: 3 players get bid way high and kept at 225, 201, and 188. They fill the first three pick slots so pick 1.01 then gets assigned a value of 167.
2) Yes
4) Here is who I’m fairly confident will be kept. Players in Bold are returning to the draft pool this year and I’m sure they won’t fall to me at pick 10.

QB
Herbert, Hurts

RB
Taylor, Henry, Ekeler, Cook, Fournette, Swift, Javonte, Akers, Gibson, CMC, Mixon, Kamara, Zeke

WR
Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, Higgins, Moore, Pittman, AJB, Waddle, Kupp, Hill, Allen, Evans

TE
Kelce, Pitts

I’m only considering 3 other owners that will be above my 213 points remaining after Najee and Deebo. There will probably be a good bid war for Josh Allen, Mahomes, Davante, Diggs, Chubb, and Aaron Jones. Realistically I could walk away with one of them and just hope no one puts a bid on Dalton Schultz and I’ll keep him with 1pt.

Assuming the rest get bid on and kept by other people, and no one bids on Saquon because his value is already set so high, here’s what my 1.10, 11.01 field MIGHT look like.

Saquon, MAndrews, Montgomery, Josh Jacobs, Etienne, Diontae Johnson

Not pretty. The ultimate question is: do I stay with my main two keepers and then pick two of Dillon/Conner/Rodgers, or do I go all in and secure one of the RFAs.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Whoreson Welles posted:

1) Correct. We weave in keepers according to points value and the next pick after assumes the points where they would fill in. Ex: 3 players get bid way high and kept at 225, 201, and 188. They fill the first three pick slots so pick 1.01 then gets assigned a value of 167.
2) Yes
4) Here is who I’m fairly confident will be kept. Players in Bold are returning to the draft pool this year and I’m sure they won’t fall to me at pick 10.

QB
Herbert, Hurts

RB
Taylor, Henry, Ekeler, Cook, Fournette, Swift, Javonte, Akers, Gibson, CMC, Mixon, Kamara, Zeke

WR
Jefferson, Chase, Lamb, Higgins, Moore, Pittman, AJB, Waddle, Kupp, Hill, Allen, Evans

TE
Kelce, Pitts

I’m only considering 3 other owners that will be above my 213 points remaining after Najee and Deebo. There will probably be a good bid war for Josh Allen, Mahomes, Davante, Diggs, Chubb, and Aaron Jones. Realistically I could walk away with one of them and just hope no one puts a bid on Dalton Schultz and I’ll keep him with 1pt.

Assuming the rest get bid on and kept by other people, and no one bids on Saquon because his value is already set so high, here’s what my 1.10, 11.01 field MIGHT look like.

Saquon, MAndrews, Montgomery, Josh Jacobs, Etienne, Diontae Johnson

Not pretty. The ultimate question is: do I stay with my main two keepers and then pick two of Dillon/Conner/Rodgers, or do I go all in and secure one of the RFAs.

I think in this format, you keep Najee and Deebo, then use your remaining 213 points to lock in the best favorite player you can get. There is no real advantage to keeping a couple of potential upside guys for later because you can draft them later for the same value. Make your team as top heavy as possible and try to maximize those later rounds for future value.

EDIT: If I'm looking at this right, you should be able to dump line 10 points into a guy who is being released that nobody really values high, but has sleeper breakout potential. Like, get a stud and an Elijah Moore/Darnell Mooney/Marquise Brown/Gabe Davis for pennies and them get that stud third player.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 15, 2022

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Sataere posted:

I think in this format, you keep Najee and Deebo, then use your remaining 213 points to lock in the best favorite player you can get. There is no real advantage to keeping a couple of potential upside guys for later because you can draft them later for the same value. Make your team as top heavy as possible and try to maximize those later rounds for future value.

This is where my thoughts would be as well. I have been in a keeper league for a while, and having star players for some value always ends up working better than having a bunch of depth players, even if there might be a bigger relative ADP round difference for the mid tier players.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Yeah that’s where I’m leaning. Especially being 10th pick, I’d much rather go into the season having three certified studs and a flyer vs two studs and two mid-tier guys with good ceilings.

Of course this all could change in a month if we see Conner emerge as this slippery goal-line RB again but I just love the planning phase.