Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
"FYAD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

how have i never seen this lmfaao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

hey Pentyne I love that you have an encyclopedia of this poo poo, but could you save some of the bigger dumps for when the posting dies down a bit? not cause i don't think it's good content but just because it doesn't hit the same when ongoing lmao's are being had. all my 2 cents ofc

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

those comics are so sad but ultimately end a little happier. jeez. goons sometimes.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

the imp zone is the best games forum on the internet. the games forum is the 2nd best game forums on the internet. thank you for attending my ted talk.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

e: nvm not really on-topic

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

people only started hating witches on somethingawful after they hexed the moon. before then it was all sunshine and roses.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Re: that witchcraft thread, a couple people brought it up to me in the IK discord (this was like six months or so after the fact) and I mentioned that I was sympathetic to having a witchcraft and general spirituality discussion thread, because I think there's value in discussing that kind of thing, but that anyone participating in one on the something awful forums would have to have a real thick skin so it might not be the best place for it, because there would be a lot of jokes and challenges and stuff

The response I got was "well maybe if you banned bigotry" which, lol

I dropped it after that and it never came up again

in fairness the goon offsite discords are pretty awful

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

IGgy IGsen posted:

Hornyposting is cringe to the maximum but I'm on the website which has a man's gaping rear end in a top hat and cock and balls dangling underneath as one of it's cultural cornerstones. I can't pretend to be grossed out by some terminally horny furry.

yeah hornyposting is gross in the "you're a gross creep if you post about cum and sex like that" sense, not in the "im physically revolted" sense, thanks to internet brain poison

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Arrhythmia posted:

That's why we all call you Neapolitan

god dammit lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Peachfart posted:

This was a hilarious saga of it's own. ZDR melted down over some disagreement with Lowtax and tired to delete all their own posts from the database. This broke a ton of poo poo, and Lowtax poo poo all over ZDR, until out of nowhere now it was a mistake and now ZDR was the good guy again. Then later ZDR asked for a bunch of money from posters and disappeared.

they also removed tori's access to all forums except E/N and Tori created about one trillion alts to try to get around it lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

yeah wasn't part of the thing about needing money being bc lowtax never sent him some or something???

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Larry Parrish posted:

i remember telling zdr that Lowtax sounded like a wife beater with the way he constantly lies and everything is someone else's fault and he's trying so hard but nobody ever gives him a chance! anyway like a year later it came out that he was in fact a wife beater. guess my stupid rear end can be right once and a while.

what, lowtax a wife beater? larry, parrish the thought

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

when the Roman’s gave us pizza hut to destroy Gorbachev we should have known

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

RFC2324 posted:

they shoulda let him be a robot

good luck repairing any damage you take
i'll repair the damage

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Pladdicus posted:

Eg fastest hedgehog

lmao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Empty Sandwich posted:

hornyposting is a scourge on these forums

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

what a loving piece of poo poo omg

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Drinkslinger posted:

Please tell me that's the reason he got demodded.

it’s not even what people remember the most about how lovely and awful louisgod was, which says lots about goons.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

in fairness the saga really lies more on the fallout from that (which i refuse to go diving in QCS archives to determine if it's in the year or not) than in cyrano's... interesting, judgement call

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Sid Vicious posted:

he was he said we should be more like them because they made a photoshop of the film bye bye man and made it say peepee poopoo man and had shmorkys face on it

lowtax playing uno reverse and saying actually FYAD is from kiwifarms really did require the forums brains to shut down

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

pentyne posted:

And Captain America blaming the audience for 9/11 which I can't find at the moment.

lest we forget, it’s against the rules for SuperMechaGodzilla to discuss Captain Americas crimes.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Fsmhunk posted:

My fav part of the Turdiak saga was one of his pals begging Imp Zone for mercy and saying they were harassing him, and the harassing comments they meant was someone leaving one comment on his youtube. I think you can guess what it was.

I’ll never be convinced it wasn’t a sockpuppet

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

the gender norm that all girls just want to play elden ring and drink beers. sorry I don’t make the rules it’s just how we are

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

anime IS blood

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

i will simply post where i want and put interesting posts like "do u think mystic gohan cares about me like i care about him"(yes)

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

pentyne am I allowed to submit a request for when some dude stumbled into the Buddhism thread claiming to have reached enlightenment while aggroposting and Ruddha just slamming them into the pavement

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i believe they also claimed that the fictional blue meth in the show actually existed and that vince gilligan was ripping them off and they were going to write a book to prove it

it's true i went to a car wash and got free rock candy that was blue to help sell the show

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Ruddha posted:

A young monk approached Joshu, saying, "Master, I have just entered the monastery, please give me your teaching!" Joshu replied, "Have you eaten?" The young monk confirmed, "Uh, yes I have." Joshu calmly replied "Then you should wash your bowl." The young monk's face got really angry as he screamed at him "That is retarded. Are you serious? Come on. Ohhh my god. That's not even what I asked for, talk about bad faith. I'm outta here."

this remains one of my favorite posts of all time bar none

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

some plague rats posted:

It's such a perfectly hare-brained idea that it's actually kind of charming he thought it would work and got that mad when it didn't

yeah! i love everything about the story. sure it's a long rear end post, but it's so stuffed with needless detail that doesnt add anything, taking you out of the moment until you actually process they're mad about chess not being an enforced rule. it's kinda sad they left the forums in shame. it's just a fun cute story that's embarrassing, idk.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

HolePisser1982 posted:

(Whoa, hey, this blew up! Greetings to other forums users!)
We’re going to have an AMA with the big man himself later this month, and cannot be happier to have more folks around for it!

I feel like this should go without saying but.. please, this man will be a guest in our forum... treat him with utmost courtesy. Hope we can leave our personal politics at the door! Cheers

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

lmfao

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

gangtags are cringe and i dont respect anyone who has one

what if I get a gang tag after I’ve earned ur respect punk

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

pentyne posted:

Still not 100% clear on the finesparks thing beyond learning it was like a closely knit group of gamer fans big into speed runs and talking about how much they wanted to bang samus

samus is really cool and I wish I could have enjoyed some of the cool Samus avs without it becoming permanently associated with, uh, THOSE posters

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Roth posted:

Replace all gangtags with these

ok but that font/typography on the right side slaps hard

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

yea i really dont blame the folks who left for B&R when the lowtax stuff came out and all that. STAYING there though???

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Arivia posted:

i watch tons of people doing long plays and various stuff on youtube and twitch all the time.
that's what they mean. LP's were always curated, edited content of playing through a game. just streaming yourself playing a game really is different.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

RFC2324 posted:

I dunno how, their mandatory security locked me out after like 3 months because mandatory 2fa for an internet forum lol

you're a yosposter you're supposed to LIKE this sort of thing

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

Frank Frank posted:

Wait what? I’m sure as gently caress not using my work email to register for a sketchy Internet forum and who the hell pays for an email account in TYOL 2022?

i think they just mean it has to be one of the main e-mail providers or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

how is resetera anyway? the only goon consensus i think i've heard about it is that it's boring, which frankly is high praise in today's Internet