Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
i havent quite catched up yet, but i like how you could tell lynx was done with this game basically at the end of the second video.

i absolutely forgot how dumb this game gets in parts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
I have to say, bottling up the energy, thats trys to break up the planet is Pretty counterintuitive. shouldnt that stuff be let out?

also, is the next video already where the special thing happens?

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

RareAcumen posted:

The energy is bad when it doesn't flow correctly, like a hose not fully screwed onto a faucet. All we're doing here is setting things up properly so it stops breaking the planet and things go back to normal.

One of the few examples of the status quo actually being good.

okay, that actually makes sense.

but they could at least make them fit properly

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.

Fenns posted:

No, but the one after is!

aww, too bad, but the wait will be so worth it.

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
goood lord. that scene was even worse then i remembered. the reactions were absolutely priceless though.

Edit:
I also have forgotten just. how. much. of this game is nothing but backtracking

Kasrkin fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Aug 29, 2022

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
That this floor thingie is also reversed, hosed me up so many times.

but yes, that looks way less painful, then my memories tried to tell me

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
I have to say though. i forgot just HOW MASSIVELY they padded this game.
and not even all teh backtracking. things like crates taking two hits to open is kinda weird

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
The voice acting in this game, especially in lightfoot village, is top notch 10/10 no notes.

also despite everything being idiotic, i always chuckle at MuscleFoot just punching the other lightfoot out of screen.

The test of strength is so dumb and was reeally frustrating as a kid. because they programmed it with rubberband for whatever insane reason, so if you start mashing like a maniac right at the start, you have no chance of winning this thing.

also "health in this game is the privilige to ignore things" might be my favorite quote so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kasrkin
Feb 16, 2014

Nothing suspicious here.
It will never not surprise me, to remember how obnoxious this game is.
i played through it several times, but i blocked so much of this tedium from my mind, the backtracking alone is ridiculous. but dragon rock is the one thing i never forgot, and made me so happy, to have von of these third party controllers, with a Turbo button.