Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
A true crime podcast except it's for missing pets. Each week I go around and find one of those flyers someone has stuck to a telegraph pole and then do a deep dive exploration of the case. I interview the owners, the neighbours, and local pet shelters. I search the drains, the bushes, up trees - wherever the evidence takes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

asmr - automatic sensor-overload machine reading

an hour long podcast into our quest to create a professional asmr experience using only artificial components. The first half hour details the latest bugs and what we did to get around them. The second half hour is a sample of our latest work, usually prompted from a recent fad meme or selected portions of public domain books.

Patreons will get access to our endless asmr reader whose prompts consist of sections from Kirk's legendary razor afterparty thread

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

history podcast except i dont do any research and im just winging it

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A podcast, but good. This will appeal to no one

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Bro Dad posted:

history podcast except i dont do any research and im just winging it

https://www.vice.com/en/article/pkgbwm/chinese-woman-fake-russian-history-wikipedia

"A Bored Chinese Housewife Spent Years Falsifying Russian History on Wikipedia"

I would legit pay money for someone to write a book on this and narrate it on a podcast

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

The Sounds of Freedom

We interview people outside of gun ranges throughout the united states regarding gun culture, hunting, and gun politics. All of this takes place inside an actual, live, active gun range so everyone's yelling at each other to have a conversation.

Patreon: local supporters are invited to come out (on their own dime) to hang out with the crew and :burger:

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

don't worry, it's daijoubu

Daijoubu is a rough romanization of the japanese phrase "だいじょうぶ", meaning "all right". The peppering of japanese phrases within English can sometimes feel jarring, and witnessing someone else do it can be at times confusing or nauseating. Sometimes both!

Well, we think there's a market out there for this poo poo, so we're going to purchase the rights to audio dramatizations from the 50s and use AI to replace the original voices with sound-alikes that use a modified english vocabulary. Examples include replacing "planning" with "keikaku", "feelings" with "kokoro", and "let's go" with "IKZ". This can also be sold as a study aid.

Patreon: we hire local weeaboos to narrate the Bible in the above style

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Cooking and Deep Thoughts with Masaokis: Come for delicious recipes such as Christmas turkey pie and banana juice. Stay for the observations on life.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

What Was That? I go on urbex adventures and talk about the noises I hear

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Birds for nerds: Every week the three hosts introduce a bird and its call/song, they then attempt to reproduce a recognisable version using the sound chips in a variety of 80s and 90s consoles. The efforts are judged by a panel of birders from a real bird podcast run by the same company.

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do
A watchthrough of the comedy TV show People of Earth that became poo poo in the second season and was cancelled after Wyatt Cenac's character sort of died and the show lost its straight man reacting to the insanity. The podcast episodes will be 3 hours long each as i believe the downfall of this show represents the downfall of western society.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Where are your shoes?: An ex-pickpocket, an ex-con-artist and an ex-children's entertainer find distracted parents pushing a pram, steal the child's shoes and then record the parent's reaction.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
"podcast to poo poo to"

a podcast that plays a different brown noise or similar sound in order to help it's constipated listeners, can only be downloaded when a phone is in a workplace bathroom

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Esperanta poezia horo
(translation: Esperanto poetry hour)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Catching carbs: The audio only carbohydrate catching competition. Which one of our guests will be best at grabbing a potato chucked from a carpark? Who can catch most of a bag of dried pasta thrown into the air? Who can stand in goal and save a loaf of bread fired at them from a pneumatic cannon?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Portly chaps talking about trousers: Three old-money gentlemen who can trace their family tree back at least 500 years discuss the clothes they've had let out to fit their expanding waistlines.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Perfume advert speculation society: A rotating cast of scriptwriters are assigned a perfume advert and have to devise a coherent storyline for a film or tv show that could seamlessly feature it as a scene in the main storyline.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Things in my beard: A man puts things in his beard and discusses how hard they are to get out again.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

goatface posted:

Birds for nerds: Every week the three hosts introduce a bird and its call/song, they then attempt to reproduce a recognisable version using the sound chips in a variety of 80s and 90s consoles. The efforts are judged by a panel of birders from a real bird podcast run by the same company.

This would be appointment listening in my household and I am not ashamed

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
maybe this was already thought of but a podcast called Encyclopedia Frown and it's me reading weird obscure wikipedia articles word for word in a dramatic True Crime Podcast Voice with music and stings and I never break character.

It's like I'm uncovering some huge secret mystery but it's a Wikipedia article about an obscure Canadian cartoon that someone has spent 10 years meticulously editing

the fact that it's a wikipedia article is never mentioned

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

A podcast where I take a 1940's edition of an encyclopedia and compare its contents to an equivalent wikipedia article. When maps or images are involved, the differences are painstakingly described. As a reprieve, subtopics that aren't in both versions are ignored.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
A podcast about The Hardy Boys. They used to be really popular!

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020

Funky See Funky Do posted:

A true crime podcast except it's for missing pets. Each week I go around and find one of those flyers someone has stuck to a telegraph pole and then do a deep dive exploration of the case. I interview the owners, the neighbours, and local pet shelters. I search the drains, the bushes, up trees - wherever the evidence takes me.

That's not a bad idea! I'll be down.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

me and my annoying friend do a deep dive into the discography of cocomelon

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Tarkus posted:

A podcast where I take a 1940's edition of an encyclopedia and compare its contents to an equivalent wikipedia article. When maps or images are involved, the differences are painstakingly described. As a reprieve, subtopics that aren't in both versions are ignored.

I'd listen to it but only if you had a soundboard with a standard array of horror sounds.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
podcast called Ozma Fat where Ozma is the host and talks GBS.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Buttchocks posted:

A podcast about The Hardy Boys. They used to be really popular!

The tag team or the books?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
A podcast where we track down prize winners of various contests and find out what happened to the things they won. Sometimes it's just someone who won a game system or a free shirt. Other times, the person who won a car used in a movie. It might be the person who won a part in a movie. Further deep dives will be for people who won contests, but never actually got their prizes for one reason or another.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Confusedslight posted:

That's not a bad idea! I'll be down.

As much as I'd love to take credit for the idea I did essentially steal it in its entirety from Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

R.L. Stine posted:

maybe this was already thought of but a podcast called Encyclopedia Frown and it's me reading weird obscure wikipedia articles word for word in a dramatic True Crime Podcast Voice with music and stings and I never break character.

It's like I'm uncovering some huge secret mystery but it's a Wikipedia article about an obscure Canadian cartoon that someone has spent 10 years meticulously editing

the fact that it's a wikipedia article is never mentioned

Would actually listen to this and would also suggest Wikipedia articles to read. Please begin with the article on Post Micturition Convulsion Syndrome.

JediTalentAgent posted:

A podcast where we track down prize winners of various contests and find out what happened to the things they won. Sometimes it's just someone who won a game system or a free shirt. Other times, the person who won a car used in a movie. It might be the person who won a part in a movie. Further deep dives will be for people who won contests, but never actually got their prizes for one reason or another.

Would also listen to this.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Cartoons, cartons and car tons: hosted by a political cartoonist, a consumer product packaging & marketing designer, and a scrap metal dealing junkyard owner. Each week they discuss a historical event and how it (or a modern equivalent) would be addressed by their respective industries.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Choose-Your-Own-Adventurecast

Each season I read every page of a choose your own adventure book so you can jump between episodes to follow the story.

I still release an episode per week.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Movie monsters. True crime about the real assholes of cinema. Now featuring leni riefenstahl for woman's history month. Stay tuned for June when we cover Bryan Singer

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
White people invented abolition not slavery: a history podcast that positions Europe as a engine of global reform.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Smithchat: A blacksmith, a redsmith, a whitesmith, a silversmith and a goldsmith get together. Initially they try to solve cold cases about people called Smith, but it soon descends into a general chat show about the state of the world and pop culture. Their work is very rarely mentioned.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
A podcast about this picture

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

unMASKed Reality

The 90s cartoon show, MASK, has examples of incredibly impractical and ill-considered vehicle transformations:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOsPiVKn06Q

But, with modern tech, is it actually impossible? Tune into our podcast, where we design and build scaled models of a helicopter that turns into a prop plane, or some other dumb poo poo, which we then operate with a VR helmet.

BONUS for patreons: Help us test our new battle royale game inspired by our work. You get faster progression rates, early access to our beta content, and wider voice modulation options!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ASMR show where an EOD tech with a whispery voice talks through a bomb disarmament, calmly detailing triggers found, wires cut, speculative yield and composition of the payload. New bomb every two weeks. Sometimes he screws it up, you'll never know when

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 29, 2022

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
A podcast where listeners send in a sock and the hosts describe it in semaphore, and its recorded in a fully mic'd room, and its just the sounds of them moving as they do the semaphore.

The dimensions of the room are known and listeners use the acoustics to try and decipher the description of the sock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Chatroulette Extreme: Every week the producer identifies a listener with an unsecured mic on their smart fridge, lightbulb, etc. and makes them host the show.