Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Welcome to the 9th season of the ISO:FT Fantasy Football Beer League! The premise is simple: this is a fantasy league in which instead of league dues, you commit to sending out a box of beer worth over $50.00 curated from your local craft beer scene. Boxes should include growlers, bombers, and cans of beer that are not available outside of your geographical region, and that people might want to try. Because of this, we generally ask that you have some experience shipping beer, although most of us have experience in that arena and are happy to help.

Last year Funkybottoms/Ice Cole Beersley took home first place, garnering five boxes of beer. YamataNoOrochi/Barrel-aged Tom Brady came in 2nd place and perennial contender Alfalfa/Case of Rogue Dead Guys was our bronze medalist.

This year I'll be retaining the position of commissioner unless I'm mysteriously shoved off of a cliff. I've been playing Fantasy Football (mostly badly) for about 9 or 10 years now and will do my best to keep this league humming.

Here's some background:

- Last year's league settings, for reference:
https://fantasy.espn.com/football/league/settings?leagueId=1018860

- Your beer boxes are due out shortly after the league ends, with the target date being before February 3, 2023. We understand that life gets in the way but boxes should be out before the Super Bowl.

- Participants are required to post a Toxx. You are responsible for shipping your beer to your recipient or you will be banned.

- We've typically put any rules changes to a vote on the first page of the thread.

- This is the payout structure

Winner- 5 Boxes of Beer
2nd Place- 3 Boxes of Beer
3rd Place- 2 Boxes of Beer
Highest Single Game Point Total- 1 Box of Beer
Winner of the Loser's Bracket- 1 Box of Beer

-Spaces are grandfathered in for the people who participated last year:

Coronaball
Yellow Dart
Spacejung
Wild Man of Yolo
YamataNoOrochi
Funkybottoms
Veritek83
Alfalfa
Ayudo
B_Sketchy
Zam
Quiet Feet

I will be updating this as need be. This has been a 12-team league and hopefully will stay that way, although I do believe the first year of the league ran with only 10. If you want back in please post here or send me a PM. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year!

Once we have participants ironed out I'll set up a poll to determine what time the draft will be. We've been using an auction draft and if you've never participated, it's not as hard as it looks, is a way more active experience than a snake draft and is tons more fun. I heartily encourage it in all leagues.

Edit: Draft poll is up! Draft schedule vote With 10 votes in we are currently tied between August 14th, 21st and 28th, all in the 8-11 PM EST time slot.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren: As usual we'll also need everyone entering to copy/paste the following into a post in this thread.:siren:

I, [your name] :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet):

:siren: We Also have a proposed rule change. :siren:

Question: Should we increase the $ value of the beer boxes this year? Yes or no?

If yes, what do you think the new minimum should be?

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jul 17, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

And here we go again...

I, Quiet Feet :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Dallas Sucks

quote:

Question: Should we increase the $ value of the beer boxes this year? Yes or no?

Yes. $50 is buying less and less these days.

quote:

If yes, what do you think the new minimum should be?

It's not a major overhaul but bumping to $60 would offset some of the price increases over the last couple of years. I tend to overshoot the limit anyhow so any increase is no skin off my nose.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 17, 2022

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I, coronaball :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Pliny the Younghoe Koo

Suggestion: Make the box worth $75? I don't think anyone felt like they got shorted or anything last year....but $50 barely buys poo poo anymore.

Excited to be back and obsessed with winning more than 1 box this year!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

coronaball posted:

I, coronaball :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Pliny the Younghoe Koo

Suggestion: Make the box worth $75? I don't think anyone felt like they got shorted or anything last year....but $50 barely buys poo poo anymore.

Excited to be back and obsessed with winning more than 1 box this year!

Y'know I had a similar thought after brewery hopping on vacation. I'll add it to the second post.

Edit: Added and answered in my own toxx post. I'll keep notes on everyone's suggestions for the increase if we go that way.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 17, 2022

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Draft Doodle is up! I've limited the selection of dates and times this year because we never get very many votes for middle of the week.

https://doodle.com/meeting/organize/id/eVmqVmWd

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Quiet Feet posted:

:siren: As usual we'll also need everyone entering to copy/paste the following into a post in this thread.:siren:

:siren: We Also have a proposed rule change. :siren:

I, Ayudo :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: 🍻TRIPPEL OPTION

Question: Should we increase the $ value of the beer boxes this year?

No, $50 in beer is still spending a lot on shipping.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
I, the yellow dart :toxx: myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Alex Smith's Mangled Leg

Also I'm fine with $75 as the number since I feel like that's about what I've sent in previous years anyway. Good either way since I haven't won poo poo.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
I, spacejung :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet):

TBA

No, I think the invisible hand of the screen-shot circle jerk at the end of the year already has the intended effect of raising the bar a little bit annually. And if times are tight I'm not gonna sweat getting a light box.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

I, The Wild Man of YOLO, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Indianapolis Kölsch

No. Plenty of people are already going over $50 as it is but I don't think we need to mandate it. I understand that $50 doesn't go quite as far this year due to inflation but, sadly, my job sucks and so my salary has not risen correspondingly.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

The Wild Man of YOLO posted:

I, The Wild Man of YOLO, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Indianapolis Kölsch

No. Plenty of people are already going over $50 as it is but I don't think we need to mandate it. I understand that $50 doesn't go quite as far this year due to inflation but, sadly, my job sucks and so my salary has not risen correspondingly.

Don't forget to vote for draft date/time here!

Have PM'ed everyone else who was in the league last year but hasn't responded yet and will be adding the draft scheduling link to the OP momentarily.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
I, veritek83, :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Saison Barley

No, I don't think it's necessary that we mandate a higher value. If you can & you want to, go for more, but I think $50 is a fine floor.

Veritek83 fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 24, 2022

YamataNoOrochi
Oct 24, 2005

I, YamataNoOrochi :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): Barrel-aged Tom Brady

No, I don't think a mandated increase is necessary.

YamataNoOrochi fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Jul 28, 2022

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

If you still need one more goon I’d be happy to join y’all.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Worthleast posted:

If you still need one more goon I’d be happy to join y’all.

Still space for one! Doesn't look like you have PMs so if you just want to post an email here for me to send the invite to.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

Still space for one! Doesn't look like you have PMs so if you just want to post an email here for me to send the invite to.

Worthleast at yahoo.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Worthleast posted:

Worthleast at yahoo.

Invite has been sent.

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

Invite has been sent.

I, Worthleast :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: Mock Draught

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I’m in again.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

I, Zam :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name(TBA if you don't have one yet): TBA

Question: Should we increase the $ value of the beer boxes this year? Yes. $100+

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
I, Alfalfa :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: who knows yet

Also open to moving box up to $75 or even $100

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i, funkybottoms :toxx: on myself to put together a $50 box of local beer and ship to one of the league winners at the end of the season.

Team Name: ice cole beersley

Suggestion: fine with it being higher, but won't be mad if other people feel like that makes it something of a burden

(not) looking forward to Zam enacting his revenge for breaking his streak

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Lol, we went from one front runner for draft date/time to suddenly having a seven-way tie.

If I'm looking at my notes correctly we still need Alfalfa, Worthleast and Zam's votes.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Lol, we went from one front runner for draft date/time to suddenly having a seven-way tie.

If I'm looking at my notes correctly we still need Alfalfa, Worthleast and Zam's votes.

With nine people weighing in, there are four time slots tied with eight votes. All four are on Sundays at 8 PM.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
Can I be put on a waitlist to join this in case someone drops out?

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Thom and the Heads posted:

Can I be put on a waitlist to join this in case someone drops out?

Sure thing. Away from my notes right now but I'll jot it down when I have a moment.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man
i'd like to switch the 21st and 28th; got my weekends mixed up

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

funkybottoms posted:

i'd like to switch the 21st and 28th; got my weekends mixed up

Go for it.

I need to PM Zam and Alfalfa again. Or if anyone else has any way of contacting them that'd be good. Looks like we still have two weeks before any of the more heavily favored dates comes up but I'd like to get a handle on that sooner rather than later. As is we're looking at the 14th, 21st 28th and September 4th. If we don't have everyone's choices in by the 14th I'm just gonna set a date.

I also really don't want it to be on the 28th because that's when the 20-team league drafts. :ohdear:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Funkybottoms, I thought you could go back and change responses after they were in but apparently not. If the 28th isn't working for you (or me either) that'd be two votes away from that date. And one to the 21st

With Zam reporting in, the current favorite is tied between August 21st (which won't show in the Doodle) and September 4th.

Edit: apparently Doodle doesn't let you edit your choices if you made the poll, under the assumption that thr creator is okay with every single listed time. Which... I get but is still very annoying.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Aug 3, 2022

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I would guess that in a head to head match-up, most would prefer the 21st to the Sunday of Labor Day weekend? I would, at least.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Yeah. I forgot about labor day, but would obviously prefer the 21st.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.
yeah, 21st is definitely preferred for me

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Good for both

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Results are in!

Technically a tie between August 14th and September 4th but the latter has one more "maybe" answer, and it seems like a lot of us are dubious on that date to begin with.

:siren:Draft will be Sunday, August 14th from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST.:siren: Not likely to take the entire time of course but prep as if someone is going to keep bumping up KJ Osborn by a dollar for some reason.

For Zam and Yellow Dart, is there anything you can rearrange to make it?

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

14th is fine for me. I'll be there.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Quiet Feet posted:

Results are in!

Technically a tie between August 14th and September 4th but the latter has one more "maybe" answer, and it seems like a lot of us are dubious on that date to begin with.

:siren:Draft will be Sunday, August 14th from 8:00 PM to 11:00 PM EST.:siren: Not likely to take the entire time of course but prep as if someone is going to keep bumping up KJ Osborn by a dollar for some reason.

For Zam and Yellow Dart, is there anything you can rearrange to make it?

i should be able to make it

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Zam posted:

14th is fine for me. I'll be there.

the yellow dart posted:

i should be able to make it

Excellent.

Fwiw, I've tallied the votes and while we're missing one, the current count is 5 yes to 6 no for increasing the dollar amount on the prize boxes. I'm not gonna change the rules on a tie vote, so no change but we can revisit it again next year.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

:siren:Draft is in slightly less than 48 hours!:siren:

I have a family thing in the afternoon but there shouldn't be any issues with it starting on time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Draft room is open!

Draft officially begins in 51 minutes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Draft is over!

I would like to share a song that sums up my feelings about this draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zlbu5RjTXk&t=56s