Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Man's best friend?
Cat
Dog
Why not both?
Bird
View Results

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Welp, gonna force my husband to be a cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Poo In An Alleyway posted:

:ohdear:

I’m watching Contrapoints’ play through of the game at the moment and I totally didn’t make the connection that Seamus and Doc are references to Marty McFly and Doc Brown based on the way they’re dressed and styled.
The Doc robot makes a "1.21 gigahertz" comment within 30 seconds of you first meeting him

vvv Totally understandable, carry on :)

Deathslinger fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Jul 27, 2022

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Drinkslinger posted:

The Doc robot makes a "1.21 gigahertz" comment within 30 seconds of you first meeting him

I’ll be straight with you, a lot of what he said just slid over my brain because CAT. The cat is doing things and being cute and helpful and meowing at things until they do as he commands.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

a7m2 posted:

The early chapter where you can't take any damage?

Yeah. Man what a lame trophy in otherwise a very fun game.

And when I finish this run that trophy will be get me to level 400 :krad:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

No matter where I go I keep running into this same furry thing.

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
https://twitter.com/shrimpstov/status/1550943016315023360?s=20&t=660AS9P7t0Dfrdv_EwYvMw

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
I finished it yesterday. I loved it

My only complains is that is too shot, and maybe a bit too linear. But in any case wonderful unique little game

Also, for me it worked perfectly with Steam Proton, if anyone else here is on linux and want to try it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

No lie, you really do.

see I absolutely agree, but it's less sad because we know b12 is in the city network again, and the outside walls do have doors he can interface with. So in your headcanon you can easily say he helped the kitty find their family.

But yeah a dlc or sequel would be preferable. One where we help b12 find a new body so he can see the outside :(

Do we know that? Is that what is implied by the one monitor flickering on at the end? because it seemed like he stayed in the drone until it died.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

raditts posted:

Do we know that? Is that what is implied by the one monitor flickering on at the end? because it seemed like he stayed in the drone until it died.

Yeah I believe that's what's implied. He said his software 'could' get overridden but the process 'would' be too much for the body. It's partly an educated guess and partly cope because I can't handle not finding the kitty family and b12 being permanately gone without ever seeing the outside.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Slavik posted:

Just at that point too, got doc right away, (even references 1.21 gigawatts) but didn't pick up Seamus=Marty :doh:

I got doc but the other one just had me thinking of the guy from the New Radicals

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Red Red Blue posted:

I got doc but the other one just had me thinking of the guy from the New Radicals

.....sure, okay I can kinda see how that'd happen

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

"Why are you paying attention to the cat in the computer when instead you could be paying attention to me?"

(Plz ignore the state of my desk, I've had COVID and will tidy it tomorrow, mum)

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

cptn_dr posted:

"Why are you paying attention to the cat in the computer when instead you could be paying attention to me?"

(Plz ignore the state of my desk, I've had COVID and will tidy it tomorrow, mum)

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
i'm about what i gather is halfway through at this point and i love it, though i get lost very easily and would love a map

i get why there isn't one, but i'd like one all the same

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

It would be funny if the map was useless and just had nap spots and garbage can locations with no details in between

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Scaramouche posted:

It would be funny if the map was useless and just had nap spots and garbage can locations with no details in between

Wait, what do garbage cans do? I never saw any.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Did anyone else need like ten attempts to get the basketball into the bin? I swear you have to be absolutely dead-on accurate in your run-up, or else it goes wide and you need to reload a checkpoint.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Drinkslinger posted:

Did anyone else need like ten attempts to get the basketball into the bin? I swear you have to be absolutely dead-on accurate in your run-up, or else it goes wide and you need to reload a checkpoint.

Got it on the first try :nice:

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

I finished this game last night and man, the ending bummed me out! I don't get to reunite with the other cats? What? How? A chance at reuniting with them was the cat's main motivation throughout the game! how did they not resolve that?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

I finished this game last night and man, the ending bummed me out! I don't get to reunite with the other cats? What? How? A chance at reuniting with them was the cat's main motivation throughout the game! how did they not resolve that?

Yeah it's the one glaring thing with the game really

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yeah it's the one glaring thing with the game really

They are crazy if they are not working right now on an expansion where this will be solved. Everyone who finished the game said that

edit:
An expansion where our tabby meets his cat friends again and they go on some adventure on the outside would also allow another thing a lot of people has been asking: co-op multiplayer. It would sell like hot cakes

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 29, 2022

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Elias_Maluco posted:

They are crazy if they are not working right now on an expansion where this will be solved. Everyone who finished the game said that

edit:
An expansion where our tabby meets his cat friends again and they go on some adventure on the outside would also allow another thing a lot of people has been asking: co-op multiplayer. It would sell like hot cakes

My idea is the expansion is you and your pack of cats, running the length of the city again. Just being cats and sweet and polite.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Just finished the story today. Overall I really enjoyed the game, didn't love absolutely everything about it, but I'm impressed that this game was created by a team of just a few people. It looks like it's been a tremendous success just based on relative exposure and Steam reviews, so I think Stray 2 will probably happen.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Okay I love at the end, the cat looks at the player and gives them the slow-blink.

Re: the ending, my assumption was since the inside of the walls overgrown with vegetation and cats aren't going to be surviving for centuries or millennia just in there, that area is relatively easily accessible from outside, it's just the inside of the city that was sealed off. Finding them wouldn't have been that hard, the city's stated to be pretty small across (I think there's a bit that says it's ~400m, although it looks bigger?). But yeah if not an onscreen reunion even just hearing another meow at the end would've been nice.

If you nap in Antvillage it zooms allllll the way out.

Any other nap spots that give you good views?

Drinkslinger posted:

Ending question: Why would opening the roof deactivate the Sentinels?

B12 said he had complete control of all city systems and mentioned earlier the sentinels were controlled by the control room people, I assume he issued a shutdown command.

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yeah I believe that's what's implied. He said his software 'could' get overridden but the process 'would' be too much for the body. It's partly an educated guess and partly cope because I can't handle not finding the kitty family and b12 being permanately gone without ever seeing the outside.

He says that he knew that the power required to disable the security would be more than the drone body could handle, and after that that hooking into the control system and overriding the city controls and lockdown could also destroy his software.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 30, 2022

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
P. sure the sequel will be journeying back to your kitty family and freeing B/12 from the system on the way.

Game rules and from now on I refuse to play any game that doesn't have a dedicated meow button.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
beat this last night and loved it and can't wait for the inevitable DLC/sequel

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Ok the scratching achievement is bullshit. Not because it's hard or anything but because you can't do Chapter Select and get it that way. I just went through each chapter via chapter select and scratched the ones I know I missed and it didn't pop. Now I'm going to have to waste time on the speedrun :argh:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

You can't skip cutscenes. That's the real problem.

Edit:

Anyone mod their kitty? There are some "interesting" options out there.

itry fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Aug 2, 2022

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

itry posted:

You can't skip cutscenes. That's the real problem.

Edit:

Anyone mod their kitty? There are some "interesting" options out there.

I haven't but you're making me want to

e: yes
no
yes
very no
maaaaaaybeeeee?

Poo In An Alleyway fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Aug 2, 2022

itry
Aug 23, 2019

If you're looking for long haired ones, this one looks pretty decent.

This one is kinda creepy. Edit: Reminds me of Gooooldfinger 🎺🎺🎺

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

itry posted:

This one is kinda creepy.

He's not pettable or cuddly, but he's certainly deserving of worship as a false deity

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I love that the screenshots are all from the end of the game. Thanks modder for spoiling things!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

itry posted:

This reminds me, I was actually kinda surprised by how flat the cat fur looked, you can do really good fur with shaders these days and the developers are clearly adept at visual polish.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 2, 2022

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

Cowman posted:

I love that the screenshots are all from the end of the game. Thanks modder for spoiling things!

To be fair, if you're to the point of modding this game, you've almost certainly completed it already.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Also people will probably not know that those screenshots are from the last section of the game unless they already finished it

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Cowman posted:

Ok the scratching achievement is bullshit. Not because it's hard or anything but because you can't do Chapter Select and get it that way. I just went through each chapter via chapter select and scratched the ones I know I missed and it didn't pop. Now I'm going to have to waste time on the speedrun :argh:

You absolutely can, you just need to wait for the game to autosave afterwards which sometimes means playing for another minute or two.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cowman posted:

You can, I missed the one in the sewers, reselected that chapter, did it and got the achievement.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

a7m2 posted:

You absolutely can, you just need to wait for the game to autosave afterwards which sometimes means playing for another minute or two.

Jerusalem posted:

You can, I missed the one in the sewers, reselected that chapter, did it and got the achievement.

Good to know I just hosed up and it wasn't the game. I should have thought to go on to the next checkpoint and have it autosave. I still got it by doing it on my speedrun.

What's everyone's times for their speedrun? I got 1h37m3s but I hosed up a lot and it was far from optimal. Gonna try again this weekend. The leaderboards for PS5 on speedrun.com are pretty barren, I'm #10 right now (didn't submit so I'm not on there technically).

This game is fun to speedrun, I'm gonna try again this weekend for a faster time.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Some of the game people are posting renders and work on Artstation, some nice angles you can't see in-game.

https://www.artstation.com/nm3d

https://www.artstation.com/cookime

https://www.artstation.com/mukets

https://www.artstation.com/mayway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Stray is a gorgeous game