Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I will finally play XBC3 next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I should check out the Downwinable Content. Of 3. That's the best JRPG crew in history I think

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i think i’m in endgame of 3 but i had this idea to finish all quests but then zelda came out and i haven’t touched this game. i should beat it before the new year

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

I should check out the Downwinable Content. Of 3. That's the best JRPG crew in history I think

I will eventually, but I'm confused on where it picks up. I never did any postgame stuff in the original release so I'm wondering if I should do that first or what.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I will eventually, but I'm confused on where it picks up. I never did any postgame stuff in the original release so I'm wondering if I should do that first or what.

i'm pretty sure its th story of the founders of the city in 3. at least thats the guess i got from the trailer, fuckin Stoked to find out for sure

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

It's like Torna DLC in that it's a prequel. Still should not play it without finishing the base game but none of the postgame stuff is necessary.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Future Redeemed is really good, in part because all the little points of interest like containers and NPC battles and unique boss monsters are now tracked on the map and give you points that you use to upgrade your characters. And, importantly, as a DLC it's small enough that it feels possible to do everything without going insane. It's a real great case for 20-hour JRPG's.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yo thge battle theme in fort galahad is really fuckin good!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Fungah! posted:

bump. xenoblade 1 is so sick, i like th new graphics on definitive addition a lot aside from reyns face lookin kind of stupid. ig ot filtered by the tiny 3ds screen just after prison tower and i'm headin there now, maybe 5-10 more hours and i'll be in uncharted game. these games rule so hard, even as bare bones as this one as compared to 2/3 its incredibly sick. think i'm gonna skip the new khantent, then do torna, then 3 dlc

I just started on this after finishing the 3 dlc and yeah it's really loving good. The UI and everything are kinda clunky in a charming way, like they were still figuring out how to make this kind of RPG and the bare bones part is kind of nice coming from 3. You spend a lot of time with individual characters before a new one is introduced, and while I know the story gets crazy later on it's kind of refreshingly straightforward for a lot of the game. Like it's pretty grounded about a war and revenge just on a huge dead god and it takes a while before everyone just starts talking in abstract terms about the essence of being, whereas in 3 you kind of get there an hour in and then stay there forever

They're both great games I'm glad XB1 is hooking me this fast on the replay

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

yo thge battle theme in fort galahad is really fuckin good!

yea it owns. It'll play in the next few areas too

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

colony 6: reconstructed. time to end this

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao oh gently caress yeah landmark - jupiter

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

The stretch from a little before there to the end is so insanely cool

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fungah! posted:

:hai:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

god that end rules. i knew a lot of it from osmosis/playin 2/3 but its so sick seeing it actually happen. this trilogy kicks so much rear end and i cant wait to see what monolith does next

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Just finished main game and future redeemed, and it’s now one of my favorite jrpgs. I dumped about 200 hours into the game and dlc, all said, and none of it was a slog or grind. The story, party, heroes, how the side quests and character exposition quests were woven into the main story, how it always felt like there were more places to discover even towards the end, the ending itself, everything about it fantastic.

Definitely going to pick up the first two games and play through those soon.

dads friend steve fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jan 14, 2024