Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

so glad I got the option to cut Mio's hair

i couldnt imagine keepin it long after she complains about it so hard lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

long hair just didn't feel right

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Just started Chapter 5, the part with "Who wants to know how babies are made?" and everyone raises their hand made me lol harder than I think a game ever has. Great stuff. The baby scene was really heartwarming too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I kept long hair

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

all the colony omega stuff has been great, and now I only have 1 class left to unlock. this game kicks rear end

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis posted:

I kept long hair

Lol

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Probably going to regret trying this but I'm going for some tier X gems. I finished the game with 84 gold coins, so I never even hit 99 cause I spent some in the nopon coin shop without thinking ahead. Don't be like me!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Looking down at the entire first area from the upper levels is so insanely cool, I love poo poo like that in games

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

And w/that I've just unlocked the final class. I've gained like 3 or 4 in this chapter alone, lol. I guess I should look into doing some ascension quests nao.. *nods animely* :hai:

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

TIL you can press + on a gem in the gem crafting screen and it will track as you gather materials like it does with quest items.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Having said that there is no way I'm getting 30 legendary Evil Drague Eyes. What the gently caress.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

yeah lol. after about an hour or two I gave up on getting the materials and just focused on getting gold coins from one of the superbosses instead. probably takes longer to do but less annoying to track poo poo down

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I don't really mind grinding materials because I have MMO brain poisoning but there's only two non-unique Drague spawns in the entire game as far as I can tell. And the Unique one is level 105 so I can't fight it yet. Having to deal with constant loading screens in order to respawn the two non-unique ones for a chance at maybe one eye a kill is a little much.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

I don't really mind grinding materials because I have MMO brain poisoning but there's only two non-unique Drague spawns in the entire game as far as I can tell. And the Unique one is level 105 so I can't fight it yet. Having to deal with constant loading screens in order to respawn the two non-unique ones for a chance at maybe one eye a kill is a little much.

it helps to go real hard on bursts, the monster drops mats every time so you cn farm them easier that way + food working means you cn use silver coins to keep enemy drop up. still probably easier overall to just do gold coins

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Still pretty early on (mid chapter 3), I'm guessing I should be saving up any gold nopon coins I get?

What about the silver ones? Are there things I can be spending them on now or should I stockpile them for later too?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Harrow posted:

Still pretty early on (mid chapter 3), I'm guessing I should be saving up any gold nopon coins I get?

What about the silver ones? Are there things I can be spending them on now or should I stockpile them for later too?

theres a nopon coin exchange with some good stuff, but its split into gold coin/silver coin items and th best thing from the gold coin side you only need one of and theres one in a chest somewhere. i burned all my gold coins on a level X gem and never looked back. silver side has some cool stuff though, also you get a shitload of silver coins if youre exploring and fighting unique enemies. i kind of just picked up whatever looked cool from the coin exchange and used the rest to raise d rank classes for people or for cooking

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Cool, good to know I don't really have to hoard the silver coins. Definitely exploring and fighting unique monsters a lot so I don't think I'll have too much trouble keeping a supply

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i wanna say i ended up with close to 400 silver coins by th end of the game and only like 140 or 150 gold coins, so yeah i wouldnt worry too hard about silver

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I've had silver coins falling out of my pockets since like chapter 2, to the point where I stopped opening chests since they'd just be autosold so yeah, use them things

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I've had silver coins falling out of my pockets since like chapter 2, to the point where I stopped opening chests since they'd just be autosold so yeah, use them things

I wasn't using them at all until I got like 3 chapters in and noticed I had 99, no idea how many I lost to the auto sell lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i thought abot that but chests give sp for interlink level ups so i just used them on classes instead, ended the game wth basically everyone at level 10 in all classes and 20 in a few

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

I know you get them absolutely everywhere but I am a little annoyed at all the silver coins I spent on class points and later drop boost food that didn't do anything until the latest patch lol. Cmon Manana...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can spend coins on classes? Whoa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I dropped a shitload of gold coins on an accessory that makes you start with all arts charged and its Insane. I will probably regret this purchase at hour 90 however

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I dropped a shitload of gold coins on an accessory that makes you start with all arts charged and its Insane. I will probably regret this purchase at hour 90 however

i got two of those from chests somewhere and they're absolutely incredible. also the silver coin accwessory that gives you a 10% chance to hold onto your arts when you use them is insane

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

best acc in the game is probably memory locket though

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fungah! posted:

best acc in the game is probably memory locket though

I also like Devotional Necklace, means that every time someone drops it just means insane burst healing once they get rezzed.

For most of the game I've run 3 attacker, 3 healer, 1 defender, even if the defender loses aggro 3 healers means whoever rips aggro off them will get rezzed in short order. I also use the gems that increase rez health and speed on most of my healers. It's extremely rare that all 3 healers just drop dead and if that happens it's probably something I shouldn't be fighting anyway. All arts going on recharge when you get KO'd is a pretty big downside, but that's what Troubadour is for.

I used my gold coins to buy the "boosts damage when cancelling" rank X gem. Classes with high crit rates, like Seraph and especially Incursor, do absurd burst with this plus the crit gem. Problem is this means they also rip aggro all of the time but it's not a problem for most encounters cause normal enemies and most elites just explode. I've seen Seraph do 100k+ in one fusion art.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I used my gold on the auto attack speed gem since I figured it's the fastest way to spam arts

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I used it on the bonus crit gem because bigger numbers = cool

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Kongming posted:

TIL you can press + on a gem in the gem crafting screen and it will track as you gather materials like it does with quest items.

are you loving kidding me

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

also the silver coin accwessory that gives you a 10% chance to hold onto your arts when you use them is insane

Oh poo poo that sounds good as hell

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Kongming posted:

Yeah this just isn't feasible at all. I found a way to make respawns faster by using a nearby Unique Monster grave to respawn the monster and let it KO me without attacking it, thereby resetting the area without a long load screen. But the Dragues are highly resistant to Break so you can't really Burst them, and the drop rate is just too lovely even with food. I got 3 out of 30 eyes before I gave up. And that's only a fraction of the total material cost. You'd have to be a bigger psycho than me to not just use gold coins.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I feel like every time a new system is introduced or I start to notice the ways different systems interact I'm like "poo poo, that's really smartly designed." This game is loaded with tons of systems that should be overwhelming but they play together so well and have just enough friction removed (like how you only need one copy of each gem, or how you can use nopon coins to speed up leveling classes) that it actually clicks pretty easily.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i hit the last dungeon and my thought was to do a lore run through the final dungeon: everyone with their normal jobs (i switched taion and sena, cause taion has higher tp,) and using riku and manana.

well i hit max rank in all the lore jobs by the time i finished the first part of the dungeon, so the plan didn't work out. it's fine, i need to do some hero ascension quests anyways

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

tell me if i'm wrong, but i'm pretty sure titan rock in pentelas region (chapter 4) is azurda / gramps

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Successfully exonerated The Three Fiends. gently caress tha police. ✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Successfully exonerated The Three Fiends. gently caress tha police. ✊🏿✊🏿✊🏿

anyone who didnt do that sidequest or th tirkin one the right way is a fuckin cop

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
lol at the tirkins in this game in general

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

anyone who didnt do that sidequest or th tirkin one the right way is a fuckin cop

I beat them up bc they were extorting Colony Mu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i beat the game and it was incredible. summer of xenoblade ftw