Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sleng Teng posted:

can't wait to figure out what any of this loving means!!

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

Diane, the fog has lifted and it's July 29th, twelve-oh-one AM. I'm standing in line at the Gamestop, excited for a voyage into the unknown. At home I've procured the following: one easy boy recliner, retail five hundred and ninety nine US dollars. I'm told that's a funny number, Diane, but I'm not sure why. One case of a dozen Bawls energy drinks, twenty-five-ninety-nine, and I'm pretty sure I know why that's funny. Domino's is on speed dial, my phone is in airplane mode, I have not achieved release in forty-eight hours, and not to be indelicate, but Diane? This is going to be a big one.

Lmao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

The frog has almost reached the pleasingly ample chest.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

If someone figures out a way to turn off the huge Story Objective indicator, that would be cool. its quite garish

I read a dev interview and they definitely said it's optional

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Probably gonna be next week but i'm so excited to play this. Haven't Switch Gamed in a really long time too, probably since Metroid came out

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Picked this up last night its loving awesome. I'm really bad about finishing JRPGS but I saw XBC2 all the way through and enjoyed it, and this seems so much better

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Spent all day at work daydreaming about possible endgame Mwamba builds.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Man I'm honestly having a lot of trouble with "Mysterious Enemy" in the first chapter lol. I'm level 11, playing on hard mode, and I've tried a few different accessory/art combos but consistently when I get him down to around 25% HP he kills the tank, then usually kills me while the healer rezzes the tank, then kills the healer because the tank takes too long to build up aggro, then it's all over. I guess I could grind out another level or so against the mechs in the area it's kind of annoying because it won't let me teleport back to the big open area so I can go kill some of the elites wandering around

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

got a nopon doll? that helped me a lot, means th healer doesn't die as soon as the tank get back up

No, I thought i was pretty thorough up to that point, is it an accessory? And yeah I'm doing the combo -- is he a mech? I have the +60% damage to mechanical enemies accessory on Noah but I haven't actually taken it off yet to test if it's doing anything

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Fungah! posted:

nah hes not a mech I dont think

Ok if that's the case the wasted accessory on Noah was probably enough to make a difference, I keep getting him down to a sliver of health

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol "These soldiers will nourish me... like Glitter Radishes in season!"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Think most ppl in here are ahead of me but just in case, here's a pro-tip: killing elite enemies drops a "named grave" on the map which lets refight them but also acts as a fast travel point, which can be very convenient

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Yea it feels good to fight a random Volff that's sparkly, even if I don't know what a Purple Vurfle Dingus is or why I'd want it. Good gamer feel that keeps you fighting at a decent pace instead of just trying convoluted acrobatics to skip every mob

Dude when I see multiple sparkling names in a pack I freak out even though it's just going to get me some drops that give me +1% affinity progress or whatever

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The other funny thing is even when it takes thousands and thousands of XP to level up, whenever I discover a new location and get a 200xp bonus I feel like doing the "success kid" pose IRL

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Not using the bonus XP is really hard because fun stuff like accessory and skill slots is tied to character level. If it was just a stat boost I wouldn't care but I want that third master art slot so bad!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

absolutely anything posted:

might end up saving superbosses for my eventual new game+ run when all the dlc is out. depends on if i need to grind up to lv99. but i definitely want to do all the sidequests and regular uniques so i can have everything unlocked for soul hacker

I think the last DLC "wave" is going to be a completely separate standalone story thing like Torna, so the third one that drops in April will be the last one that adds new heroes and stuff to the base game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Maybe I need to check out the training drills but I still feel like I'm kind of flailing in the dark with chain attacks. I get a few things, like how opening with an attacker gives you a bonus to %, and how healers cap the gauge at 99%. It seems like I get two reactivations instead of one if I can exceed 150% for an order, which is cool, but usually my chain attack ends because the chain gauge is empty, not because I run out of characters. Is the rate the gauge drains affected by anything? Also I don't think I've unlocked the Ouroborus portion of chain attacks yet, so maybe that's the piece of the puzzle I'm missing.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The whole idea of the characters being unaware of the concepts of birth and death and aging is so funny whenever it comes up. Like, looking at a mother animal and it's child -- "They get along nice.... they must be good friends"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"More sparking Armu Lentils? We khant afford many more pitstops, Noah."

Lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Just got to chapter 4 after about 20 hours and realized clicking in the left stick makes you auto run in that direction :staredog:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Plutonis posted:

i think it's a hat because you can use it when you class change into yumsmith

Yeah I was delighted that Noah turns into Davey Crocket lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

The cutscene leading into the Consul B fight in chapter 4 was so loving cool. It's insane how much high quality JRPG good poo poo in this game exists as part of optional sidequests; makes it feel way more special

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I played this for like 10 hours today and didn't even touch the main story until the last 2 lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

drat just did the fight with (mid-chapter 4) Ethel and Cammuravi and then the consuls. The cutscenes were so sick I thought I must have gotten to the end of the chapter pretty quickly, but from the quest completion bar I'm barely halfway through. Incredibly cool poo poo.

That's where I got last time I played, it was loving awesome. This game keeps delivering epic JRPG moments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol