Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm not sure if that's the most hosed up post ever made on this forum but it's certainly up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

This war already producing some indescribable poo poo https://zkillboard.com/kill/107409143/

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Someone didn’t get the memo about all Marshals being bait. Also a drive by Marshal with * checks notes * Autocannons, sure.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

This war already producing some indescribable poo poo https://zkillboard.com/kill/107409143/

hold the loving phone, what is this trying to do

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

is this a....gatecamp marshal?

Istabs to bump decloak, sebos for still-not-instalock locking, a web for ....?

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

hailthefish posted:

yeah xenuria has big 'weird autist' vibes so the literal pedo stuff getting swept under the rug lead to kind of a burst of sympathy of "surely this obviously weird and presumably autistic person is just being harassed because of his dire social skills" but no turns out the pedo stuff was known to be real all along

I mean, there's clearly plenty of literally autistic people playing EVE and in GSF, I was one of them. But that's no reason to go around doing the poo poo he's done and it certainly doesn't justify it.

Also, didn't Grath join GSF or am I totally wrong? Is he still around?

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Potato Salad posted:

All I see is a decent payday for whoever looted that wreck

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

I'm not sure if that's the most hosed up post ever made on this forum but it's certainly up there.

But, like, would you be shocked if the most hosed up post ever made on this forum was in the EVE thread?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Potato Salad posted:

From the sporadic calls of dying krabs gathered from B3 intel, this Fratboy has been multibox cloak camping, and the eyes in the allied forward staging systems in PB and Fade. Historically seems to have been menacing krabbing Brave Ishtars across the regions included in Noraus' westward expansion, and has been doing it fairly unopposed until Imperium showed up and started baiting the guy into honorable 1v1 engagements.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
FRAT are paying Akina in plex to cloaky camp, or at least that's what I heard. I've also seen some of the CCTVEyes campers lurking about in intel

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Around 900 ships involuntarily deconstructed since yesterday DT in Auga (main content area for amarr vs minmatar faction warfare)

It looked like approx 30bil of value, which isn't gigantic in the scheme of things but lots of fighting going on all day which has been really fun.

We are basically rotating FCs every couple of hours to keep everyone fresh, I did OK on my little shift last night

https://br.evetools.org/br/640d08a948a7fe45abf2e00d

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

TiDi stopped the X47 keep from going into hull. Only a dozen more structure timers today

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Also, didn't Grath join GSF or am I totally wrong? Is he still around?

I heard he joined Amok or something. Also pretty sure he was in Goonfleet at some point, he's said so at multiple points.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

TiDi stopped the X47 keep from going into hull. Only a dozen more structure timers today

Things I do not miss about Eve.txt

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Coasterphreak posted:

Things I do not miss about Eve.txt

well, the whole node supporting X47 died trapping everyone in the system there for about two hours, which is something I've not experienced ever I think. I remember the server making GBS threads itself during M2 round two, but to absolutely break post down time is new. Also, because everyone was stuck in X47, we were able to go around and reinforce some vulnerable FRAT structures in F-N and NPC Pure Blind

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

I remember nodes just hard locking and everyone getting kicked out like pre 2012 when local got over 1000 so 6000 is an achievement even if it face plants hard after getting there.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

the server seemed to be dying even before downtime. I heard on our slack that server calls were stretching past 10 minutes, so no-one was able to get any dps on the timer to get it paused

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

Had to skip tidi due to rl obligations, came home 6 hours later and got to kill two forts with no tidi.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
Lol I remember when 600 was enough to take the whole server down, 6000 is crazy to me

e: granted, this was in the early days when the codebase was put together with duct tape and chewing gum

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Coasterphreak posted:

Lol I remember when 600 was enough to take the whole server down, 6000 is crazy to me

e: granted, this was in the early days when the codebase was put together with duct tape and chewing gum

it still is duct tape and chewing gum. they just hide it with tidi

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

ded posted:

a really stretched out chewing gum basically

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

ded posted:

It’s significantly better than it was. The client remains a trainwreck, however.

I logged into my alpha account the other day, spam my shuttle for five minutes, remembered why I don’t play this game anymore, and logged the gently caress back out.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
While Goons welped god-knows how many ships today, P_A_R_A_B_E_L_L_U_M was broken today and showing signs of failcascading.

They ejected the corp mid hull timer on their Tatara but we suicided a couple cheap battleships to stay on.

Then nuked a Fortizar

Then reffed everything with a hole and a heartbeat in Finanar

Good times.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Coasterphreak posted:

I logged into my alpha account the other day, spam my shuttle for five minutes, remembered why I don’t play this game anymore, and logged the gently caress back out.

This has been my general response to this game for half a decade now. Occasionally y’all get into an interesting war with someone I really disliked and that keeps me around for a bit, but even that momentum is leaving.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Our front line astra gets poked basically every time it survives

We use it just to have tether on the faction warfare front line and seemingly to generate content.

To give a tl;Dr of this BR https://br.evetools.org/br/640e45c382a7a65313ae0c25

We fought snuffed and broke them
Structure repaired
Then JUTSU came and we fought them just for fun
Snuffed came back, so we fought them again (we ceased fire with JUTSU to shoot snuff)
Snuffed left, we carried out our fight with JUTSU, who then left
Train Wreck then decided to come and create a new timer
JUTSU came back to try and pincer our logi, whilst we went for TW DPS, so we extracted.

The node was screwy, presumably the aftermath of the stuff earlier in the day but either way it was great fun and we (amarr mil) held our own really well. Soon this structure will die but its like a cat with 9 lives for now :D

Someone recorded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV5K4Risxus

angry armadillo fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Mar 13, 2023

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.
I was on the horde side of the X47L brawl ( https://br.evetools.org/br/640db1f8981f354d43f2e1e7 https://dscan.info/v/47ad6058b1e2 ). Here are some pictures of some of the thousands of people in system before we spent 8 hours getting one kill per hour in tidi and some from the end of the fight.

I streamed it to youtube for posterity but the stream was too long for youtube to save, thanks youtube!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Connect the dots Buzzard

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

angry armadillo posted:

Our front line astra gets poked basically every time it survives

We use it just to have tether on the faction warfare front line and seemingly to generate content.

To give a tl;Dr of this BR https://br.evetools.org/br/640e45c382a7a65313ae0c25

We fought snuffed and broke them
Structure repaired
Then JUTSU came and we fought them just for fun
Snuffed came back, so we fought them again (we ceased fire with JUTSU to shoot snuff)
Snuffed left, we carried out our fight with JUTSU, who then left
Train Wreck then decided to come and create a new timer
JUTSU came back to try and pincer our logi, whilst we went for TW DPS, so we extracted.

The node was screwy, presumably the aftermath of the stuff earlier in the day but either way it was great fun and we (amarr mil) held our own really well. Soon this structure will die but its like a cat with 9 lives for now :D

Someone recorded https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV5K4Risxus

Hurry up and take amamake so I can put my alts in the goosefleet fw corp

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

looks kinda like a bunch of matchbox cars falling out of a pinata or something

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

Hurry up and take amamake so I can put my alts in the goosefleet fw corp

If all the people that nudged us came and plexed auga..... :p

ETA on auga flip is 3-4 weeks imo

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
Jesus.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/11qzjm4/amarr_militia_civil_war_an_expose_of_backhanded/

I'm in A-M-R leadership and it seems its our turn to be the focus of some eve drama.

We obviously have a completely different side of the story but I'm so tired of constant ctrlv drama to post it up.

The tldr of it is the screenshots aren't a good look, of course. The guy reaching out to people also reached out to bigab twice and said hey can you not shoot ctrlv - our intentions were always to defend our own stuff and not agress ctrlv at all but that's getting ignored because we think mikal wants a civil war.

It's super dumb but alas, I guess our turn.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Resubbed my two aaaancient but decently spec'd accounts from when I had my old Rear Admiral BOOYA forums name; got dictors on both, gonna boat around a bit in highsec and get my space legs back while I wait on verification. SUuuuuuuper excited to be dicting again, the bubble economy is always a blast.

I saw people still use Snakes and I assume Domis for ratting; is Ice Mining still hot poo poo?

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 14, 2023

SinJin
Aug 2, 2008

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

the server seemed to be dying even before downtime. I heard on our slack that server calls were stretching past 10 minutes, so no-one was able to get any dps on the timer to get it paused

All of these years later and the game is still loving up like this ? AND I read up on the pedo bs. I think I'll just keep on winning for a couple more years. I've had an itch to spin in a dock for a bit or die at a gate with a hauler full of poo poo I was told to not dare try moving.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

angry armadillo posted:

It's super dumb but alas, I guess our turn.

I don't know any of the people involved with this but I'll tell you this for free.

The more someone complains about it being "my turn" for something as if it's just some sort of cosmic wheel of fortune that has sort of cause/effect relationship the more I believe they did something wrong and know it.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

SinJin posted:

All of these years later and the game is still loving up like this ? AND I read up on the pedo bs. I think I'll just keep on winning for a couple more years. I've had an itch to spin in a dock for a bit or die at a gate with a hauler full of poo poo I was told to not dare try moving.

now to be fair, this is the first absolute making GBS threads the bed incident on a fight of this size in a while. FWST in 2020 had as many players if not more and the server held up, while it absolutely did poo poo the bed in M2 because PAPI wanted to jump 6000 players into a system with 6000 players already in it. There's a theory that the EDENCOM guns might have caused the server issues but at the moment :iiam:

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Having messed with some of the Edencom stuff it wouldn’t surprise me just due to how buggy a lot of interactions with them can be.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I hear there’s some twitter engineers looking for a job

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Waffle House posted:

Resubbed my two aaaancient but decently spec'd accounts from when I had my old Rear Admiral BOOYA forums name; got dictors on both, gonna boat around a bit in highsec and get my space legs back while I wait on verification. SUuuuuuuper excited to be dicting again, the bubble economy is always a blast.

I saw people still use Snakes and I assume Domis for ratting; is Ice Mining still hot poo poo?

There hasn't been a slowdown in the continuous meta and player turn that affected nearly all rundown corners of New Eden over the last decade. Since you last won, what you've enjoyed station spinning back then has probably been nerfed into the ground for some new navy ship or assault cruiser doctrine. The NPCs and space rocks you member fondly hoovering up with your Rorq have changed in size, shape, and dustribution across the galaxy. Whichever social circle you've flown with back then, chances are you won't see their names on fleets.

I mean just today some new 'shipcaster' structure with Titan-like yeeting mechanics was released, which potentially has far-reaching consequences on large engagements, but not a single faction has the know-how to strategically employ them (yet). So instead of addressing your pve/pvp from ancient times, it would BEHOOVE you to read the appropriate home ec and fleet craft threads of the faction forums that's processing your application.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Since the current generation of CCP developers still clearly worships all the ancient Pagan evils, the updates they release to the game continue to iterate on the canonical misery that the playerbase has been forced to enjoy for nearly two decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

What do you mean you didn’t fit those 10000 rifters before 6000 people were in local! To me that sounds like a lag generating tactic that someone reported instead of letting us have it before then for amusement.