Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

Vando posted:

People serious about effecting change would be raising merry hell until what deadtear posted gets done and should prob also be pushing for people yelling about cancel culture to follow Dear Leader out of the airlock. Can't say that seems to be happening but go ahead and prove me wrong?

You say that, but seem to be assuming that it's not happening. Not all the raising merry hell happens in Elysium or the SA thread. Some groups bring the sanitizing light of the truth out in the open and push the public perception in the right direction, like this thread has. Other groups use their influence in PM's, private/privileged channels, and other similar methods.

Anyways, I can't really defend the quality of our posting because :lmao: , but it's simply not true to say that everyone left in the Imperium are Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads.

Mederlock fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.

Mederlock WHO SHAMEFULLY EDITED IN A SNIPE, BTW posted:

I think there's still merit in a group within GSF trying to influence things on the inside and helping it chart a new, better course away from the toxicity and harassment of the past. Nobody's asking you to add it to the OP, but I and others can tell you Am0k. is a bubble of safety and respect within the Imperium. Whoever said in the last thread that Am0k is a telegram-based group in the last thread isn't wrong lol.

Anyways, I'm just asking you to not tar Amok with the same brush that you're painting the rest of the alliance with, because we're not like that, but that's just my take as a regular ole line member.

anyone who flies with Amok is going to be exposed to "mittani did nothing wrong/the victims became worse than the harassers" bullshit on the forums/jabber/comms so no it is absolutely not a bubble of safety. if they wanted to be, theyd fuckin leave

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 18, 2022

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

If I ever actually resub instead of flying free, who is up for lighting a cyno straight into the sun safety.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Mederlock posted:

You say that, but seem to be assuming that it's not happening. Not all the raising merry hell happens in Elysium or the SA thread. Some groups bring the sanitizing light of the truth out in the open and push the public perception in the right direction, like this thread has. Other groups use their influence in PM's, private/privileged channels, and other similar methods.

Anyways, I can't really defend the quality of our posting because :lmao: , but it's simply not true to say that everyone left in the Imperium are Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads.

It is fair to say that the Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads are still there and still active on Reddit, literally right now. And when we say lovely takes lets make no mistake, about it, I have had racism and homophobia thrown at me by people happily wearing goon tags after the meta show in a thread I made on Reddit about it. One imperium member got very upset at merc for not doubling down on the transphobia and was of the opinion that he was less of a man because of it.

Only you can’t see that because Reddit mods “cleaned” the thread.

Until this stops, you can all go do one quite frankly, because it does not fit into SA’s 2022 ideals.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

PathAsc posted:

If I ever actually resub instead of flying free, who is up for lighting a cyno straight into the sun safety.

https://discord.gg/x39z3G6H

This sounds like the most beautiful thing, and just like the kind of blue sky thinking a diplo director needs.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Don't see why we would direct people to play with a group this dead comedy forum's not affiliated with anymore

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Don't see why we would direct people to play with a group this dead comedy forum's not affiliated with anymore

Stockholm syndrome mostly

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Mederlock posted:

I think there's still merit in a group within GSF trying to influence things on the inside and helping it chart a new, better course away from the toxicity and harassment of the past. Nobody's asking you to add it to the OP, but I and others can tell you Am0k. is a bubble of safety and respect within the Imperium. Whoever said in the last thread that Am0k is a telegram-based group in the last thread isn't wrong lol.

Anyways, I'm just asking you to not tar Amok with the same brush that you're painting the rest of the alliance with, because we're not like that, but that's just my take as a regular ole line member.

Anyone got that image of Issabella having a real one to post? I couldn't find it in the old thread.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Mederlock posted:

If there is some sort of underground resistance within the Imperium membership, great, but until it bears fruit all we have to go on is the loudest most public voices and they are... not exactly reassuring.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

no one brought up that BRAVE guy in the previous thread (yeah yeah, i understand where the focus was) and i was going to really and for sure give the bad internet spaceships game a try but go through their newb corps. "Maybe this is a sign," i ask to no one but myself as a flaming, golden threaded wreck burns in the background.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

CainFortea posted:

Anyone got that image of Issabella having a real one to post? I couldn't find it in the old thread.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

learnincurve posted:

https://discord.gg/x39z3G6H

This sounds like the most beautiful thing, and just like the kind of blue sky thinking a diplo director needs.

I'm in there, HONK forever in glorious spaceships :honk:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
SsssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssSSSSSSssssssssssssssss My pink boa constrictor max that I rescued him from a toilet roll.

Amok is not getting in the OP other than the poo poo list, it’s a no, end of. New thread goose. HONK

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Thanks fam.

Anyway this is amokedotte in a nutshell.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

a big fat bunny posted:

no one brought up that BRAVE guy in the previous thread (yeah yeah, i understand where the focus was) and i was going to really and for sure give the bad internet spaceships game a try but go through their newb corps. "Maybe this is a sign," i ask to no one but myself as a flaming, golden threaded wreck burns in the background.

Counter argument, Dunc made a video using they/them pronouns today https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/w1gdh7/hes_a_10_but/

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Mederlock posted:

It would be just as reasonable to assume that all of the people raising hell in public about cancel culture and how this is just space enemies trying to smear Mittani are also accompanied by people trying to spread the rot in PMs, private/privileged channels, and other similar methods, so this isn't terribly reassuring.

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

CainFortea posted:

Thanks fam.

she's in thunderwaffe

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

It is fair to say that the Mittani bootlickers who had lovely takes in the QA threads are still there and still active on Reddit, literally right now. And when we say lovely takes lets make no mistake, about it, I have had racism and homophobia thrown at me by people happily wearing goon tags after the meta show in a thread I made on Reddit about it. One imperium member got very upset at merc for not doubling down on the transphobia and was of the opinion that he was less of a man because of it.

Only you can’t see that because Reddit mods “cleaned” the thread.

Until this stops, you can all go do one quite frankly, because it does not fit into SA’s 2022 ideals.

I would like to point out that anybody can wear any tag on Reddit , and flair baiting to make a group look bad happens a lot. But I'm not discounting that there are some lovely people in the Imperium, but if you can get screenshots or logs of this sort of disgusting behaviour from these bigots in the future, it's definitely something that should be forwarded through the new harassment policy. The only way to know if those in power in the imperium are serious about changing things is by using the new system they say will handle it appropriately. And I think it's safe to assume that a lot of groups that are in the Imperium still are paying close attention to how they handle reports going forward.

Also, thank you all for putting yourselves out there for calling all this out. It needed to be said and heads needed to roll. And a lot of work still needs to happen. I'm just waiting to see how things evolve in the near future, personally.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CainFortea posted:

Thanks fam.

She is not in Amok.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mederlock posted:

Nobody said that, fool, the OP says the leadership and majority of membership is behind the times.

learnincurve posted:

SsssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSssssSSSSSSssssssssssssssss My pink boa constrictor max that I rescued him from a toilet roll.

Amok is not getting in the OP other than the poo poo list, it’s a no, end of. New thread goose. HONK

:haibrower:

Don't talk with your mouth full of bootleather. It's impolite.

dragonshardz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jul 18, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lets be clear. Nobody cares if you are in a non-SA corp, no one cared when that chap from papi was posting after the war, no one even cares if you play eve or not. You are all welcome to post with your space frens still.

Globby is going to be on soon to post about how ganking mechanics are skewed towards the 2 day old noob in a venture and it will be back to normal service.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

So are most people going to Goosefleet now?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

I'm afraid I'm too stupid and lazy to live in a wormhole.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

hailthefish posted:

Worried about this as well

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

First thread OP I ever make on SA makes it to the goldmine. I can never make another thread and ruin my 100% success rate.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

hailthefish posted:

I can never remember to be paranoid enough to do the secret handshakes and codewords

General_Disturbed
Apr 7, 2005

Ride the 8=====D

Mederlock posted:

Hello space friend! I respect that you have a deep connection to goonswarm and want to remain and hope everything will get better. But it's not going to happen. TheAdj literally doubled-down on every single thing that is currently wrong in goonswarm. Including refusing to ban/remove Mittani who is guaranteed to walk right back in the door in 6 months time. Anyone who tried to make things better in goonswarm this time around was banned and they doubled down on keeping those bans. People who 'rock the boat' are aggressively not welcome in goonswarm and they have made that very clear.

Whether you want to admit it to yourself or not you are at best, just enabling whatever abuse they are going to perpetuate on whoever is left, by remaining. The only thing they want you for is to be a warm body in a fleet. They have cut all ties to the SA community, all ties to anything that made goonswarm what it is, they are literally just a corpse with our name, in the hopes you will continue to show up and press F1 and not ask too many questions about why people around you are being banned if they speak up.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This thread will be here in 6 months time, I’ll properly gob off at anyone who goes too far with the smugness and the crowing, and I’ll make the promise that you’ll activate the same unrelenting defender that you’ve seen this week.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
There was that guy syndic thrass in amok who got really upset one time when I asked ppl in a fleet to not use the R slur. But that was like, years ago at this point.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Something else that's being overlooked in the "change from the inside" talk is that INN is wholly owned and controlled by one guy, and is irrevocably tied to the whole Imperium EVE brand. There's still a subforum on GSF with directorbot crossposting every INN article to the GSF forums and regular sanctioned crossovers like Theta Thursdays on the ImperiumNews Twitch channel.

INN is quiet right now, but there's no reason to believe that the ad revenue will suddenly stop flowing directly into one dude's pocket, so until The Imperium decides to officially decouple itself from INN, there's still plenty of support, financial and otherwise, going on under the table. That's a problem that needs to be addressed publicly in short order, not quietly phased out over time.

hailthefish posted:

:same:

I have a real bad habit of picking this game up for a few months when I have time and just kinda fizzle out when it gets boring. But I've also lived exclusively in null and never really clicked with doing big mainfleet ops.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

twigplant posted:

she's in thunderwaffe

Well i'll be. She was when I knew her.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

you all have too much of yourselves invested in this high school esque student government project. most people in the imperium (maybe a big chunk of the people that are fun to play the game with) are barely aware of what's going on, and you're going to make yourself insane thinking you're going to wake them up.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Pubbie corp drama is probably best settled elsewhere imo.

We've had goons in MC, PL etc for years contribute to the thread, doesn't have to be different for goonfleet just probably a good idea to let people from SA know the alliance is more of a cultural fit for r/joerogan fans vs 2022 goons.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Herstory Begins Now posted:

anyone still in gf who thinks that they can effect change is deluding themselves horribly

There was that time a dead comedy site had an owner with delusions of relevance beyond his obscure little corner of the world. But, more importantly, was an abuser. And some had covered for him. When it all came tumbling out, it took some time to get things sorted out and infrastructure and ownership handed over to someone else. Then he was banned forever.

On first read, I thought dragonshardz OP was unfair. I checked. It is not unfair. Coupled with the Fireside, now I understand. There is a lot of nonsense being spewed, but there are (at least) two big, glaring, inexcusable failures. Those who already left are not wrong.

There will be a new CEO in short order. Not one of current illuminati apparently. Notwithstanding what was said in the Fireside, that person who will decide what to do. Those who are still here are not necessarily delusional, especially if they've been through similar events before.

Also, I am not sure why Rust's post is getting dumped on. It seemed reasonable.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My corp isn’t in the OP and I’m outraged

because I and space boss are the only ones who speak English in our group, and an influx of industry goons would strip our belts too fast and everyone would be mad at me

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Mederlock, I have some pieces of advice for you:

1. Stop posting
2. Lurk more
3. Read the room
4. Definitely do not send people PMs about how you're trying to have an honest debate, I swear, please be nice to me.

Maneck posted:

On first read, I thought dragonshardz OP was unfair. I checked. It is not unfair. Coupled with the Fireside, now I understand. There is a lot of nonsense being spewed, but there are (at least) two big, glaring, inexcusable failures. Those who already left are not wrong.

I'm an eminently reasonable lady, most of the time.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Honk if you read that as respectable lady

honk

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

learnincurve posted:

Honk if you read that as respectable lady

honk

That's my secret, LC, I'm always respectable.

Macha
Mar 6, 2016
Hey quick question,
So this entire mess with Goonswarm, and especially the issue with Xenuria being a pedo, has reminded me of the Archeage goon guild and the splintering of that guild over a pedophile. I remember playing during that time, but I was just some dumb low-level guy in the guild. All I remember was SCT kept bringing another goon, BobFromMarketing, back in after he got kicked for being outed as a groomer.

I went with Kimsemus' group because holy poo poo, gently caress that. I can understand not knowing the guy was a pedophile that had groomed a kid, but once you know the only acceptable response is to cut all ties and fire them out the airlock.

Well, surprise surprise. BobFromMarketing is still playing EVE. Looks like around the time he got outed he joined Pandemic Legion.

Anyone got any of the info on BFM? Would be great to get a second pedophile out of EVE Online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Last thread should probably have a lead sarcophagus built over it and an exclusion zone around it.
Liking this new thread smell.