Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Kirios posted:

Man the boos for Judge.

Judge really is an rear end in a top hat for having his legitimate MVP stolen by that cheating gnome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I was sure that weird Hicks hit was going to end up being big

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wait, the Astros have cheerleaders?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Wait, the Astros have cheerleaders?

Yes. They shoot tshirts into the crowd

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

No Pressly today. Suppose Montero would get the save chance if there is one

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Neris gets the 8th then? I'd maybe rather have used him here and let Stanek have the meat of the Yankees lineup

Or use Montero in the 8th

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Yankees need to win this game cause German sucks

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I’m impressed with how bad Gallo is.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Gallo swings at like a shoulder high 97mph fastball then watches two meatballs go by for strikes two and three

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

mcmagic posted:

Judge really is an rear end in a top hat for having his legitimate MVP stolen by that cheating gnome.

Unironically yeah

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

good lord that splitter was ridiculous

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

MrMidnight posted:

Yes. They shoot tshirts into the crowd

I was at a Cubs game with some friends and one of them asked me if they throw out t-shirts and I said "I don't think anyone does that but minor league teams" I guess I was wrong.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Popete posted:

I was at a Cubs game with some friends and one of them asked me if they throw out t-shirts and I said "I don't think anyone does that but minor league teams" I guess I was wrong.

I REALLY need to go to a ball game outside of Houston.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Popete posted:

I think I’ve seen mascots do it? Or like just a grounds crew/employee in a polo shirt or something. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cheerleader at a baseball game at any level until today.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

STAC Goat posted:

I think I’ve seen mascots do it? Or like just a grounds crew/employee in a polo shirt or something. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a cheerleader at a baseball game at any level until today.

I can't think of ever seeing it at any MLB field, I've been to Cubs/White Sox/Twins/Brewers/Tigers/Yankees/Mets/Blue Jays. I did catch a t-shirt thrown out at a Cedar Rapids Kernels game though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ok butthole clenching time

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Popete posted:

I can't think of ever seeing it at any MLB field, I've been to Cubs/White Sox/Twins/Brewers/Tigers/Yankees/Mets/Blue Jays. I did catch a t-shirt thrown out at a Cedar Rapids Kernels game though.

It’s definitely not something common. Like I’ve been to 100 Yankee games and the most that happens is the grounds crew dancing. But I do have pictures in my head of random t shirt guns on a baseball field. But I dunno if those are just minor league game memories or if I saw the Fanatic do it. I drank at a lot of those games. But some of the newer stadiums do seem to have a certain amount of “minor league” engagement built in.

Still. Cheerleaders? That’s new to me.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PHEW

huge out

lol judge just casually hitting it 390 feet

e: also to my knowledge the tshirts fired at Astros games aren't even Astros shirts, they just say HEB on them (a grocery chain in the south)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

man montero cruised through that. wonder if he gets the 9th as well

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

e: also to my knowledge the tshirts fired at Astros games aren't even Astros shirts, they just say HEB on them (a grocery chain in the south)

Oh man, that's so disappointing lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Yankees clearly need more offense for the playoffs. These games are loving rough watches.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Abreu's stuff is so good, how the gently caress did this dude get DFAed?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

Much better than our Abreu

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I kinda wish they were giving Montero the 9th too. Not just because I trust him more than Neris but also so Neris will be available for the second game

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

He has very inconsistent control. But there’s a reason the Yanks scooped him back up. If he can ever get consistent he’ll be killer.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

He has very inconsistent control. But there’s a reason the Yanks scooped him back up. If he can ever get consistent he’ll be killer.

Ok but if you're a team like the Royals you can ride out his growing pains you would think

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

I will be made a new creature, one bright day
why-kf

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

IKF!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

are you loving kidding me

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

IKF!!!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
That was something

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

:lol: how did that find it's way through

e: Don't worry though, Gallo is up

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

are you loving kidding me

Astros-Yankees...it must be

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Hoping for a split in the second game. The Astros have... what, Seth Martinez left in the pen? Woof

Should have left Montero in

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Neris is terrified of pitching to Gallo for some reason

and as I type this Gallo literally just watched one go right by down the middle

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol fun game

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Intruder posted:

Ok but if you're a team like the Royals you can ride out his growing pains you would think

Yeah I mean I can’t say. But dfas always kind of tend to come down to musical chairs with the 40 man and who the team needs at the moment and really believe in. So a bunch of teams take fliers on Abreu because he has the stuff but then they need something and he becomes expendable, I guess.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Wonder if Yordan will PH....

TwoHeadedDeer
Nov 24, 2020

whoops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006