Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
it's funny how much mike gets under people's skin like more than anyone else i can think of besides like politicians. and for some reason people always say 'what is it supposed to even be', which i've never heard anyone say about any other podcast. I mean a huge part of it is that he relentlessly mocks comedians that have obsessive fans, but a smaller portion of people just hate him without even really seeing more than a clip i assume, which seems like the case for a lot of people in this sub forum. but idk it's a podcast of course it's dumb, mike is just one of maybe like two or three people who consistently makes me laugh out loud, the other being nick mullen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

people don't ever want to admit their favorite comedian/podcast is actually poo poo, which is why redbar gets most of his hate lol

and that makes me laugh in general. Like if you own a piece of Podcast Merch: you're already dead

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

if you own a piece of Podcast Merch: you're already dead

*explosion.mp3*

(Very true, but I own a Richard Gere museum t shirt that I wore like twice out in public, and I ordered one of the new Redbar shirts that I don’t think they’ve shipped out yet, but I figured since I don’t pay for either podcast and still listen to the pay walled episodes + they’re the only two podcasts I consistently listen to, so I’m at least supporting them with my dollar as well)

The new episode is up, i caught bits of the stream last night, but I was losing it when he went off on the guy who runs the Babylon bee going on Rogan and making GBS threads on trans people and going on a free speech rant about how they can't take a joke and how if he was a marginalized person, wouldn't it be degrading to say that and not allow jokes, etc., so Mike finds his Instagram page which is exclusively pictures of his like 5 year old son and jokes about wanting to take him on a date and other questionable things, to see if the guy actually thinks that 'jokes are just jokes' and they should be fine with it since that's more 'jokey' than what they're saying about trans people. It also shows that Mike isn't a chud or a conservative, for those of you who haven't watched it in a while or since he was at compound media.

edit: I just clipped the actual bit and uploaded it to youtube unlisted until mike says whether or not i can publish it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoieONmtLqo

Edit 2: lol Mike replied and said “not appropriate for youtube! will get you/us banned 100%. That’s mostly why we don’t use youtube. They’ll report this one right away”
Which makes sense, if you watch it

but here's the full episode
https://redbarradio.net/shows/red-bar-radio-s20-e10

imhotep fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 19, 2022

fat frog
Nov 22, 2021

fat fuck frog
redbar is basically drama alert but good. or rather drama alert is just redbar but bad

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Is there any rhyme or reason to who he goes after? I like it when he goes after assholes who have it coming but too often he just goes scorched earth on these innocuous targets. It's weird. Why is he torturing Donky Lips from Salute Your Shorts?!

I want to like this guy but god drat he comes across as a sadist sometimes.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Yaws posted:

Is there any rhyme or reason to who he goes after? I like it when he goes after assholes who have it coming but too often he just goes scorched earth on these innocuous targets. It's weird. Why is he torturing Donky Lips from Salute Your Shorts?!

I want to like this guy but god drat he comes across as a sadist sometimes.

That Donkey Lips guy is a huge piece of poo poo, if you watch his videos about him you’ll see why, I’ll try to find the specific video I saw where he outlines all of the wild poo poo that guy has done. Everyone he goes after absolutely deserves it, or I can’t think of anyone he’s covered who wasn’t some sort of hack or like clearly a grifter or a piece of poo poo in some way.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Fair enough.

I have a healthy distaste for Tony Hinchcliffe so anytime Redbar goes after him it's such a treat :)

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Donkey Lips is a loser like Goodburger Kel
Maybe I'm the crazy one but does anybody remember the old Red Bar show? It was really good, Mike David used to riff with young Chicago comedians, TJ Miller, Hannibal, I think he had Kumail on once or twice. Mike Bridenstine, David Angelo, Drew Michael, Junior Stopka. Many more. He got an official co-host, Dean Carlson, and opened a "comedy club" show before some nightclub opened with Kyle Lane. He did a long teaser about how he went to Elan school, which was this creepy kidnap your kids and put them in fight club boarding school that turned into a Netflix doc eventually. And then I guess he alienated everyone, Kyle Lane hooked up with former show producer Sahar and took over the comedy club. Dean Carlson took Mike's then live in girlfriend Katie and moved back to Michigan to sell cars or something. And I guess he has no friends now besides his wife Jules.

Dude's history is crazy but it feels like all the current podcast fans weren't around for the 2007-2015 podcast era or whenever the real comedian podcast Cumtown goldrush happened.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smugworth posted:

Goodburger Kel

He is a convert to Christianity.[30] In December 2019, he became a youth pastor at Spirit Food Christian Center in Winnetka, Los Angeles.

lol

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Yaws posted:

Fair enough.

I have a healthy distaste for Tony Hinchcliffe so anytime Redbar goes after him it's such a treat :)

I loving despise tony hinchcliffe, he's the worst of rogan's children by far. This 'documentary' that Tony put out about his podcast 'Kill Tony' and it's the most insane thing i've ever seen. like, tony doesn't even attempt to make a single joke the entire time, while being incredibly pompous and just talking in a dramatic 'documentary'-type voice about the origins of the podcast and how awesome he is for giving comics the life changing opportunity to go up and do a minute of comedy in front of a bunch of 'killers' like tony and Brian Redban. It's seriously loving insane, for once all of the comments are making GBS threads on tony instead of mike, and even on the actual youtube video on tony hinchcliffe's youtube channel all the comments are about how awful it is.

https://youtu.be/B7051tF5Aa4

imhotep fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Sep 15, 2022

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
new episode is up, sven is in the studio as a guest on this one, so i hope it doesnt suck https://redbarradio.net/embed/vod2?id=REDBAR-S20-E11

edit: lol it's actually p funny so far, he's complaining that it's annoying to have a guest. and sven got him a 'cigar', the classic rogan, bill burr, burt kreischer move. 'you smoked all those cigars and never fuckin called me?'

imhotep fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 30, 2022

bartok
May 10, 2006

I have been watching clips of Mike making fun of Josh Denny. Always makes me happy thinking about how Josh had a sweet hosting gig on Food Network and pissed it away because he couldn't stop tweeting the "N" word. Like Food Network didn't just cancel the show they practically erased its existence and they have to put out periodic statements that he no longer works for them everytime he says something stupid on social media.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

bartok posted:

I have been watching clips of Mike making fun of Josh Denny. Always makes me happy thinking about how Josh had a sweet hosting gig on Food Network and pissed it away because he couldn't stop tweeting the "N" word. Like Food Network didn't just cancel the show they practically erased its existence and they have to put out periodic statements that he no longer works for them everytime he says something stupid on social media.

I had no idea he was on the food network until the last episode of Redbar, cause Mike plays a clip of him on Chrissie Mayr’s podcast (and holy poo poo, what a podcast, truly a pairing of the fools). It’s at 5:35:00 in this episode, which is also overall one of the funniest episodes of Redbar I’ve seen, it’s one of the few episodes I can recommend from start to finish just because even during the clips I don’t care about, like the bit about that Def Noodles guy, Mike just goes on super weird but hilarious tangents that have nothing to do with anything, but he’s just really funny throughout the entire show. Also since you haven’t watched in a while, if I were to recommend an episode to watch to get an idea of what Redbar is currently like, this is a good one.
https://redbarradio.net/shows/red-bar-radio-s20-e10

But yeah Josh Denny is one of those guys that I found out about through Redbar, cause he was just obsessed with him and even when talking about other people he couldn’t help just mention Josh Denny constantly, like as a metric to compare to, cause he really is just so incredibly stupid. His Twitter is filled with insane poo poo, every day he tweets something stupid enough to be covered on Redbar. Also it’s funny how at first he’d sort of put up with Patrick Melton and didn’t hate him necessarily, or maybe used him so he could call into Nobody Likes Onions and speak to Josh Denny, but then of course he also ended up hating him nearly as much.

There should be some like, Redbar Wiki, just cause there’s so many weird references that I’ve only slowly learned about through watching the show for the last 6 months, but weirdly there’s just so little info on Mike on the internet period, it’s bizarre. But this guy, Sai Zon Zee (which is a play on the name of this other drama youtuber who’s name mike mispronounced, SaiyanZ or now he also goes by Yew Neek Entertainment, and is the guy who Brendan Schaub is suing) has a lot of good clips that put things into context, like this one from 2015 about Josh Denny
Edit: lol he also explains ‘the fool’s sip’ in this one too. I might make an op with some of the references, cause I feel like the current op is already like somehow not really that far off of the more comprehensive summaries, or intros to Redbar on the internet somehow, maybe besides the various Porsalin documentaries on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37XwEjB0TxY

Also, for the person who said that they mostly liked watching Mike poo poo on Cumia, here’s a very funny clip from a few episodes ago of Mike making fun of and zooming in on Cumia just cussing and spitting(??) after getting into a fight with his girlfriend for playing video games too loudly at like 3 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SwMbseU-5E

imhotep fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 2, 2022

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
I used to listen to a tonne of NLO back in the day and only a little bit of Redbar. Cause as much of an rear end in a top hat as Patrick could be, Mike seemed like a bigger one.

Why did Mike start hating Pat anyway? Josh Denny I get, but from the outside looking it just seemed like Mike became weirdly obsessive and negative about Patrick.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

They're both weirdo podcast men from the early days before everyone had a podcast

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

bop bop perano posted:

https://redbarradio.net/embed/vod2?id=REDBAR-S20-E03 (it only works with this specific URL and not the the one for the free episodes).

Do you know the URL for episode 5? Description says its split in 2 parts or something so that might be why I can't find it

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Evil Agita posted:

Do you know the URL for episode 5? Description says its split in 2 parts or something so that might be why I can't find it

yeah that was why, but here u go
https://redbarradio.net/embed/vod2?id=REDBAR-S20-E05-PART-1
https://redbarradio.net/embed/vod2?id=REDBAR-S20-E05-PART-2

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

My man

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Redbar is live rn, (this is the scars club link)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auEONR6lsU0

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
The salvo pancakes stuff was hilarious, I hadn’t really heard of him before but he seems like he’s trying to do Redbar but with Youtubers instead of comedians. This youtuber that Mike has covered a bit, def noodles, had a roast battle planned in LA and I guess him and salvo were making GBS threads on each other so def noodles said ‘come say that to my face’ so Mike paid for salvo to fly from Ohio to LA to show up at the roast battle and posted in the bring back group telling everyone to go to the roast, so it was only Redbar and salvo fans there, it’s insane. The actual stream is worth watching because of how ridiculous it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb8XVXeioOE

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

I liked the episode with Sven. I'd only ever seen him on old clips where he would be annoying over Skype, but being live mitigated the annoying parts of him for me, enough so for him to be endearing and fun.

Also I just noticed while typing that out that I use Redbars graying hair to carbon-date the clips I watch.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Evil Agita posted:

I liked the episode with Sven. I'd only ever seen him on old clips where he would be annoying over Skype, but being live mitigated the annoying parts of him for me, enough so for him to be endearing and fun.

Also I just noticed while typing that out that I use Redbars graying hair to carbon-date the clips I watch.

Lol yeah, I’ve been watching some older episodes now that im actually paying for scars club and it’s crazy how much Mike has aged in like 5 years. And yeah the Sven episode was good, it’s nice to have someone else there with Mike and it’s a shame he doesn’t at least do a skype call or something with someone once in a while, in season 17ish he calls Luis j Gomez a few times and it’s always really funny. I think I like the current version of Mike the most out of all of the Redbar stuff I’ve seen, this season has just been really consistent and Mike in general is sort of weirder and more absurd in a good way.

I mentioned how I felt like Nick Mullen and Mike have a weirdly similar sense of humor but I couldn’t quite articulate how exactly or point to examples, but this bit that I clipped from the Sven week episode is basically just an old Nick mullen cum town joke that I feel like he’s told in different ways multiple times (it’s unlisted cause I just quickly recorded it on my phone and didn’t feel like setting up obs to screen record it at 1440p, which Mike insists the YouTube clips must be)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkU7cD7XwX8

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
drat I didn’t see that they were live yesterday, but the new episode is up
https://redbarradio.net/embed/vod2?id=REDBAR-S20-E13

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Is there a way to watch scarsclub eps in previous seasons too? The obvious url change didn't seem to work

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Evil Agita posted:

Is there a way to watch scarsclub eps in previous seasons too? The obvious url change didn't seem to work

Besides joining Scars Club, not that I know of, aside from the free season 19 episodes.

Lmao mike spends 5 minutes explaining his plans to dm def noodles telling him he thinks he should cover h3h3, just to try to ruin their working relationship and also get people to turn on h3h3 in general, then says ‘common manipulation that people do online in their 40s’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lesZwQ68Tbg

imhotep fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 19, 2022

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

bop bop perano posted:

Besides joining Scars Club, not that I know of, aside from the free season 19 episodes.

Oh that's a bummer but I do appreciate the glimpse of this seasons paid episodes, and I might end up pulling the trigger on a few months of scars to binge the later seasons.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Evil Agita posted:

I like redbar but I'll never pay for scarsclub.

Evil Agita posted:

Oh that's a bummer but I do appreciate the glimpse of this seasons paid episodes, and I might end up pulling the trigger on a few months of scars to binge the later seasons.

You’ve come a long way, the ‘give it a year’ thing actually seems to be a real thing lol.

Also I finished the rest of that Sven episode and Jesus christ Sven is the worst drunk ever, I felt bad for Mike and Jules because he wouldn’t stop bringing up anti Semitic conspiracies and just being generally racist and lame. I’m surprised Mike is still friends with him considering how he’s seemingly burnt every bridge between him and everyone else who’s been on the show besides Jules, and there was an episode where Mike basically tells him that he sounds legitimately racist and tells him that he basically would stop being friends with him if he’s not being ironic or joking.

I just found this clip in my recommendations and its funny because of how much Mike cracks up at cumia being awkward, and even when he’s not being racist and derailing the show with right wing conspiracies, Sven is just wasted and annoying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cc6TRgDQQY

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lol I can't deny that. Mike is funny and his full show makes perfect background noise for a work at home day

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Evil Agita posted:

Lol I can't deny that. Mike is funny and his full show makes perfect background noise for a work at home day

He really is one of the funniest people I can think of, every episode this season has had me laughing out loud consistently throughout the entire run time. I still can’t get over how most of the posts in this thread who weren’t aware of him before just immediately hated him, and that’s weirdly common in general just judging from comment sections, but I guess people just really hate it when someone shits on comedians they like.. or maybe they just hate that style of show in general after like keemstar got popular, even though Redbar clearly predates keemstar by like over a decade. I mean I don’t care, it just really confuses me because he’s literally one of like 3 people who can make me laugh consistently.

His steak tip from last episode and how he teased it for like the whole episode and the episode before, was so loving funny and I genuinely want to get one of those dumb cast iron plates to try it.

but drat I keep missing the live streams of the new episodes, but episode 14 is up
https://redbarradio.net/shows/red-bar-radio-s20-e14

bartok
May 10, 2006

Are people still Bert Kreischer fans? Don't get me wrong I think it is hilarious when Mike makes fun of him but like imagine someone telling you Bert Kreischer is their favorite comedian even when he was at the height of his popularity.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

bartok posted:

Are people still Bert Kreischer fans? Don't get me wrong I think it is hilarious when Mike makes fun of him but like imagine someone telling you Bert Kreischer is their favorite comedian even when he was at the height of his popularity.

It’s hard to say really, because I don’t like any stand up comedy, and I can’t imagine anyone I’m friends with even saying that they find him funny at all, but he is incredibly successful, but more from podcasting I think. And he seems to have a bunch of like ‘cool’ and more respected stand up comedians on his podcast still, like stavros from cum town (who might not be the best example as he’s not exactly a ‘respected’ comedian ever since he left cum town). His stand up is also probably making him a lot of money but I think the audience for his standup is much much smaller than the audience for like, his 32 podcasts. Even Mike doesn’t really go after him anymore, I feel like he thinks it’s too easy, like he said he gets a million emails about stuff that Brendan schaub has done and he said he doesn’t care about Brendan, his own podcast’s subreddit literally only consists of hate posts, and I feel like the point of Redbar ultimately is to go after people that Mike can’t stand, but a part of that is the fact that everyone just loves these comedians and they never get any like real criticism, at least not in the way that Redbar does it, and you can tell by the comments on like any Redbar video on YouTube.

I think Bert is considered enough of a hack that this guy has made a YouTube ‘documentary’ about how much Bert sucks, which includes a bunch of Redbar clips, and it’s the first time I’ve seen the original clip that he uses on his sound board that says ‘bloop- and now you’re under my control’, which is Bert’s wife referring to Ari Shaffir apparently putting MDMA in his drink without him knowing. It’s not a bad video, but the guy who made it puts a bunch of lame, like actually transphobic and like racist jokes just needlessly spread throughout the whole thing, it’s weird. If anything it’s worth skimming through until you see Mike and watching just the clips of him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfNfrF5QN3Q

Edit I was just reading the comments on that video and some people are unsure if the video is actually serious or what’s going on, like they can’t imagine anyone hating a comedian that much lol, also I think it’s just the fact that he’s making GBS threads on Bert and then including Redbar clips and they just can’t fathom that more than one person would talk about Bert like that, which I’ve never seen before, usually those people just say that Mike is jealous and or a failed comedian, etc. But I watched a bit more of it and jesus theres some truly terrible clips in this, the one of him on like Rachel Ray’s morning show is just so bad, he’s so insanely corny and so clearly would do anything for money/celebrity. Bert also ends up having a ton of super conservative comedians on his podcast and he immediately also becomes super conservative out of nowhere, and you can tell that that’s not what he actually believes, like to his credit, he seems like he’s at least nice enough of a guy that he just doesn’t give a poo poo about like, for instance, from his podcast with Adam carolla, Jeep getting asked by a Cherokee tribe to change the name of the car, and he doesn’t waste any time telling carolla about it, it’s the first thing he says to him. Also in the episode with stavros he repeatedly says that cum town is his favorite podcast, then asks Stav if he knows Nick mullen. And I think in that episode he basically calls some non comedians ‘civilians’ or something and stav immediately says how lame that is which Bert clearly didn’t expect him to say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00TISskwLFs

Unrelated but I was loling at these prank calls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC70iwwO-gI

imhotep fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 2, 2022

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
new ep is up:
https://redbarradio.net/embed/vod2?id=REDBAR-S20-E15

also luis j gomez is a real rear end dude, he's still friends with mike and i've seen him make this joke several times, i used to think he was sort of unhinged because he's tried to fight a couple people on stage, like kurt metzger and i think jake flores, but lol drat. who knows how hard sam trippoli wouldve searched for mike if he'd said this about his kid
https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7117493725428813099

edit: holy gently caress the story about mike getting into a fight with other people in line at the dispensary, then the whole store turning on him is so loving funny. then jules starts telling stories about how she's surprised no one has filmed any of these because she said it happens multiple times per week and now i really want to see a video of mike getting kicked out of a burger place because he caught them in a lie about who sets the door dash prices lmao.

edit2: also lol at mark normand and sam morril on the obeyment list

imhotep fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 15, 2022

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

bop bop perano posted:

everyone just loves these comedians and they never get any like real criticism, at least not in the way that Redbar does it, and you can tell by the comments on like any Redbar video on YouTube.

Which is so odd to me. If you listen to enough Stand Up Comdedians podcasts they're insufferable. They really do think they're the last bastion of free speech. Philosophers on stage droping hard truths on an audience they clearly have contempt for.

https://twitter.com/WhitneyCummings/status/1490312297117589504

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Yaws posted:

Which is so odd to me. If you listen to enough Stand Up Comdedians podcasts they're insufferable. They really do think they're the last bastion of free speech. Philosophers on stage droping hard truths on an audience they clearly have contempt for.

https://twitter.com/WhitneyCummings/status/1490312297117589504

some comedians are chronically self aware though
https://twitter.com/marcmaron/status/1490364814924812290?s=20&t=MbLgzYjITqGlGcOSHQ3fOg

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

marc was scheduled to be on Redbar before Kyle or whoever hosed everything up, would've been pretty funny. and also good burn by Marc.

im so obsessed with this bit from the episode before last, basically, Mike said that he wanted to run an impostor contest because he got a request from an alt right 'news' organization or something for an interview so he offered a $1000 prize to the best Redbar impression, and this was the winner, and they apparently did the interview as Mike, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8uRMj9EFq8

imhotep fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 21, 2022

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
drat the fools have been going crazy the last few weeks, lots of good stuff. A video of a guy yelling ‘redbar’s watching!’ At a sam trippoli live show and he immediately drops the mic and chases the guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjVQt0bx4Uo

And geno and Kevin Brennan getting into an actual fight during cumia’s show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q1MqECbCDg

Also a new episode is up https://redbarradio.net/shows/red-bar-radio-s20-e16

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Pretty goofy to yell "Redbar's watching" at that guy but Mike is clearly loyal to the fans.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Grevling posted:

Pretty goofy to yell "Redbar's watching" at that guy but Mike is clearly loyal to the fans.

Yeah, but he makes a joke about how it’s not actually the same guy, because this guy did this at a Bryan callen show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvELZ5jU3d0

Which I found really funny just because of how crazy his voice is and all the stuff Bryan says. So hearing him say it in the same weird rear end voice but Sam immediately charged at him and him saying ‘oh shiit’ and running is very funny.

Also these bits from the last couple episodes were v good, Mike sounds like he also acts like he does on Redbar 24/7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJBeA1e-lL0

And like 7:20 into this video which is also about the sam trippoli thing, but specifically the tangent he goes off on about his dog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQh68i7V4wI

imhotep fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Oct 29, 2022

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Redbar is great but his web developer is such trash, you can tell Mike pays him with Jules toe shots and a contractually obligated shout out once a year. Legitimately the only reason I don't pay is because of the website being such trash. They don't even have a way to notify me when they go live.

With that said, theres legitimately no other podcast I watch religiously, and he's ruined so many other podcasts for me it kind of sucks. I don't even agree with most of his politics but I still find it hilarious when he trashes the conservative free speech griftermedians.

The recent stuff with "Redbar's watching" is extra hilarious because it's not even mean or anything, like comedians have to deal with some insane heckling and the word redbar strikes such fear into these comedians that they would become violent during a set. Its fascinating because these guys all surround themselves with these networks of yes-friends and yes-fans and as soon as someone like Mike puts them under a magnifying glass they set on fire and meltdown.

Waiting patiently for episode 17, it's the only time I drink whiskey, hope he doesn't take another year off for his vaccine induced monkeypox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Does anybody remember when Hannibal used to come on Red Bar Radio? TJ Miller? David Angelo?

Quite the heel turn but not entirely unexpected given the takeover years ago.