Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mega64 posted:

If you're posting about video games more than playing video games you're doing it wrong.

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Is the "Game Industry News" thread for video games only, or are we also allowed to post TG news as well? Because there's an ongoing thing where a larger youtube boardgame reviewer tried to extort money from a small kickstarter publisher in exchange for not posting a negative review of their game (the review went up around the same time the company started a kickstarter to reprint the game).

The only place I've really seen it mentioned (and where I found out about it) was on the Hobby Drama thread.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Randalor posted:

Is the "Game Industry News" thread for video games only, or are we also allowed to post TG news as well? Because there's an ongoing thing where a larger youtube boardgame reviewer tried to extort money from a small kickstarter publisher in exchange for not posting a negative review of their game (the review went up around the same time the company started a kickstarter to reprint the game).

The only place I've really seen it mentioned (and where I found out about it) was on the Hobby Drama thread.

TG has a thread for TG Industry stuff here that you might want to check out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849301

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh hey, I somehow managed to completely overlook that thread. Thanks!

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
:cheerdoge:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

That's another Games Rules & Forum Feedback Thread success story.

As an acronym though GRFFT doesn't really roll off the tongue and sounds kinda fishy tbh. The thread clearly need a better acronym to keep it fresh, that's my feedback.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Evil Kit posted:

That's another Games Rules & Forum Feedback Thread success story.

As an acronym though GRFFT doesn't really roll off the tongue and sounds kinda fishy tbh. The thread clearly need a better acronym to keep it fresh, that's my feedback.

Gamers Upset, That's Sad

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
sorting type of complaint by volume, the thread acronym should probably be SUMO: stux upset me, officer

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Please Probate Pernicious Posters

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

sorting type of complaint by volume, the thread acronym should probably be SUMO: stux upset me, officer

thread filled with e honda players after this change

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Relax Or DIE posted:

SCP: stux can probate

Make stux an IK of this thread only, watch the carnage

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

not a major complaint because it came and went, but i feel like "gaming journalism is all bought and paid for" is a bit out of turn for the gaming industry thread. i actually dont care if that's parroted anywhere else but i feel like that's the kind of "i feel like it's true so it must be" post we try to avoid in that thread specifically

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I thought it was fitting. "i feel like it's true so it must be" is like that thread's official slogan.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it was cool seeing that and then someone saying that the only source they trusted was Youtubers, who are famously never compensated with free poo poo

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if you have a question ask me. I'm the most trustworthy source on this forum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

if you have a question ask me. I'm the most trustworthy source on this forum.

Who's the coolest poster on this forum and why is it me?

May 8, 2006

Rarity posted:

Who's the coolest poster on this forum and why is it me?

easy: It's because you're a Relax or DIE alt account

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

easy: It's because you're a Relax or DIE alt account

Or is it that you're a Rarity alt account :thunkher:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The best users are the ones who give me free poo poo.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
stux construct

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What is going on with diablo 4

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fajita Queen posted:

I got it to play with friends but it's been slow going. we've only beaten Acts I and II. I think we're almost done with III though

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Fajita Queen posted:

in the leper's colony?
from what i can tell it's this:

some iz posters got probed in the games d4 thread for replying to people whining about the game being bad with screenshots of actor sean penn from a movie where he played a mentally r-w*rded man
one of those iz posters (TLD) is an ik and started communicating about d4 through the leper's colony while probed
then the ik sixered 16 bit butthead for unrelated reasons, who then also started communicating through the leper's colony and riffing on TLD

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

in the leper's colony?

some iz posters got probed in the games d4 thread for replying to people whining about the game being bad with screenshots of actor sean penn from a movie where he played a mentally r-w*rded man
one of those iz posters (TLD) is an ik and started communicating about d4 through the leper's colony while probed
then the ik sixered 16 bit butthead for unrelated reasons, who then also started communicating through the leper's colony and riffing on TLD

...What

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if you click the leper's colony there are a bunch of random sixers in other forums mentioning diablo 4 in their probe reasons
i assume thats what the question was about?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its because diablo 4 is gay and if you play it your a chud

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
tld is a little freak who doesnt play diablo 4 doesnt own a pc and is a literal crack addict who lives in the basement of a long john silvers

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

in the leper's colony?

the fact that I understood this post completely is my cue to log off and go outside

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Hah. My probe makes way more sense now.

ily forever 16bbh

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

the fact that I understood this post completely is my cue to log off and go outside

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

tld is a little freak who doesnt play diablo 4 doesnt own a pc and is a literal crack addict who lives in the basement of a long john silvers

I'm very sorry to hear that

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Everyone's been saying this.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

if you click the leper's colony there are a bunch of random sixers in other forums mentioning diablo 4 in their probe reasons
i assume thats what the question was about?

Yep thank you

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

lol same

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

But also free tld and preemptively free stux again

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think the blizzard/diablo thread should listen to "imagine" by john lennon

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think the blizzard/diablo thread should listen to "imagine" by john lennon

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

im being harrassed and the modmins are doing nothing to protect my rear end and tiny balls. nice work. we're getting loving killed out here.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sorry Stux the people who hate diablo 4 yet have 400 hours somehow in it already are a protected class.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Stux posted:

im being harrassed and the modmins are doing nothing to protect my rear end and tiny balls. nice work. we're getting loving killed out here.

is the complaint here that you never use the shift key? like half the posters here don’t this is an Unclear Message. guess we have to make stux admin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Stux posted:

i like mine better op