Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

Hey so there's a gambling addiction resource thread stickied in the poker forum, but not the mobile games forum! It would be great if some of the same resources could be posted there, especially if people have gacha-specific resources to link.

as someone who specifically avoids gacha games and the like due to an actual factual gambling addiction, i think this is a great idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

ty doc
ty metis
ty stux
ty vg

🙏

rox
Sep 7, 2016

umbasa 🙏

rox
Sep 7, 2016

condolences friend u_u

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Relax Or DIE posted:

get owned idiot

rox
Sep 7, 2016

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhSHXGM7kgE

rox fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 30, 2022

rox
Sep 7, 2016

while true i must exorcise my intrusive thoughts by putting pen to paper

wanna poyo game?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Stux posted:

this. i udnenrstand and appreciate that largly in threads in games now discussions and derails are left to just end on their own over over active moderation. however this is one of the only places, along w the metoo thread, where that is not the correcit approach imo.

agreed

rox
Sep 7, 2016

and what, become the opposite of what it should actually be used for?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

there are hundreds of threads in this forum to make jokes in and talk about whatever

i dont think having one single thread where thats discouraged is really a big ask

rox
Sep 7, 2016

theres a difference between on-topic and off-topic discussion and i really dont think its that hard to differentiate

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Endorph posted:

i would recommend either keeping the #metoo and industry threads very distinct and making sure all posting about sexual harassment, discrimination, and such is kept in the #metoo thread, where posting off-topic or making generally stupid/obviously posturing posts is heavily punished, and letting the industry thread be general industry/tech gossip, or just shutting them both down.

absolutely. to be honest, given more time to think about it, im not sure which of the two is really the 'correct' choice here

its definitely gotta be one or the other though

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Stux posted:

this is fair. there wasnt an immediate rush or anything

rox
Sep 7, 2016

seems a reasonable request for a single thread imo, no need to take it to some absurd hyperbolic level

rox
Sep 7, 2016

at this point i really have to agree :/

rox
Sep 7, 2016

stux is right

rox
Sep 7, 2016

please dont punish stux when hes already said he doesnt want to do it

rox
Sep 7, 2016

he doesnt want to

rox
Sep 7, 2016

yeah never apologize for having irl stuff going on! we may gripe alot but ultimately its extremely unimportant in the grand scheme of things

rox
Sep 7, 2016

HopperUK posted:

Appreciate the guy who reported my post to call me a coward instead of doing it in the thread though, lol

lmao they should turn their monitor on!!!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

speedrunning getting angry over the most harmless posts ftw

rox
Sep 7, 2016

im watching it

rox
Sep 7, 2016

the moustache in question:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

thabk u mods....1 hour for every month since the post was made

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i think he'd rather grind agility courses in osrs

rox
Sep 7, 2016

hes right

rox
Sep 7, 2016

for za win :D

rox
Sep 7, 2016

its so i can easily find the funny posts my friends have been making across the forums

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Mordiceius posted:

Has anyone ever seen the two of them in the same room at once? I sure haven't.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

welcome back stux :)

rox
Sep 7, 2016

VideoGames posted:

Sort of done.

vg, thank u

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Stux beat La Mulana
He was always churnin while his probe was turnin
Stux beat La Mulana
We couldn't help him beat it but it was defeated

rox
Sep 7, 2016

la mulana owns but you also have to be the exact right kind of insane to solve the whole thing yourself

keep a notebook and have fun

rox
Sep 7, 2016

the witness and obra dinn are goated

rox
Sep 7, 2016

once again, games ftw

thank you hopper and vg

rox
Sep 7, 2016

stux motivated me to solo malenia and i did

rox
Sep 7, 2016

vaporeon's always been my fav, but in recent years zigzagoon has been quickly climbing the ranks

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IjRBlAGbWY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016