Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The first page is for stickied threads, let it be known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Relax Or DIE posted:

get owned idiot

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm not going to stop talking about multiversus in the platform fighter thread.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I really don't think games is mature enough to handle the content in that thread, and the fact that it regularly devolves into a chat thread is partial proof of that.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Games doesn't need a sexual assault and labor violations megathread

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think it's fine and people are capable of posting in that thread, it's just that conversation drift happens in a thread that long.

I dont think it needs to be some kind of existential crisis if it gets off topic where it needs massive mod discussion just have it accepted that people can self-police the thread and flame people when it starts talking about their favorite Nintendo consoles or something

Ok so walk me through how this works. You're posting about how adblock is ruining the games industry, and I tell you to go gently caress yourself and not to post about adblock in the thread for discussing labor violations and assault, such as the woman who was harassed so much she killed herself. That the situation needs a little more gravitas then that. You tell ME to go gently caress MYSELF, because it's not that bad, and a little chatting is good and fine and healthy for a thread, then what, we just go by mob rule? Whoever can get more posting pals to flame the other one dictates the rules of the thread?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
wow the sjws at sa once again claim the life of a man who just wanted to speak truth and justic. truly the death of free speech and self righteous censorship win again. strange that nikkoals king did the banning. whats that? kkk? whose the real homophobe? how ,uch blood will be on your hadns after these probations???

anyways, thats what i heard, not my opinon i believe we are all gods people, and he loves the sinner deviants and truth tellers alike.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It legitimately doesn't matter how long it takes for something to get tagged once something gets tagged the first time. For all we know the guy could have gotten ik'd 6rd for 2 weeks I don't think you need to immediately ban+30 to show that you have the proper allegiance to the posting cause, you can think poo poo over. At the same time, lol that one seems like a slam dunk, but I honestly wouldn't have responded to the demands that there be something bigger down the pipeline, because like they've already been 6'd you'll have to wait 6 hours to see if you need to be angry or not.

I largely trust the moderation of games to not let homophobia slide, it's not like CSPAM where we have to go scouring threads for dog seeking bricks.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Brian Worms posted:

I think people are just incapable of reigning themselves in from opining on whatever floats into their heads at the moment - went into the ps5 thread to see what was cool and new and it was just people arguing about prepaid phones. I don't know what the answer is tbh.

I can tell you the answer, it's been stated multiple times. This subforum doesn't need a crime and awfulness megathread. Let it come up naturally in whatever thread is appropriate and probate it if it gets weird, but the only reason to funnel everyone into one thread is if it's a honeypot thread.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
i mean, by that logic, why not have a honey pop thread? I mean if you don't like it, just don't post in it.

It's because some things are inappropriate for the forums.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
True, I was trying to compromise to be agreeable.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
my feedback is reading that thread made me very tired in my soul.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I keep trying to figure out how to word this in a way that is politely on topic, but I think this proves definitively that none of us/you are emotionally or intellectually equipped for that thread.

The "Blow you away with a doom shotgun obliterating you instantly" posts make so much more sense after reading the dumbest loving takes I have ever seen on the internet.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
e: unnecessarily aggro, it's time to logoff.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 17, 2022

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
What if we didn't have a thread that required tanking psychic damage to even read.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
please delete that thread.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Leal posted:

Remembering that time someone asked for SA's legal info so they can contact their lawyer over flashing images that Arf was posting.

That made me so loving mad, so loving mad lol.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
If you don't like harry potter, there's a thread where you can find people to show you war gore videos in GBS! This forum contains multitudes of entertainment value!

Thought this was the other thread.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I'm being mean.

Bitch.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
PYF and TG and Imp Zone are my favorite forums, but I more like to lurk Imp Zone and read jokes.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

I can't PM you, but your new avatar rules.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
If we're talking about piracy, can we share links to torrents?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Torrents don't host the file, it's peer2peer and I would do a big write up about why, but we shoudl have a torrent thread imo.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I do think that re-opening or making a new private Bittorent Barnyard would actually be dope as hell, but that's a SAD discussion I think.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I actually found out that sharing links can get you put on a list where you get blocked in other countries, and while I'm super down to make corporations mad, I do not want to make my posting pals have to use a vpn.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
VideoGames play melee

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

HopperUK posted:

Oh poo poo really? What happened there if you don't mind saying?

That's just the entirety of it, some torrent aggregators get black listed.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I don't watch AGDQ so it's like peering into pandora's box when everyone else starts talking about it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Thank you, she's awesome, and I'm going to use this face for the next bagillion years (or until I commission another one.)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I know it's the worst answer, but I really do love Pikachu.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Mode 7 posted:

OG fat Pikachu is great.
Never forget what they took from us.

The best rat in gaming

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
It's the name of an IRL gun cleaner company. Riptide Armoury.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Can I have a joke probe with this as the reason?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Lady Radia posted:

E...early? That's a Gamecube game...

gamecube games are retro.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
The front page of every forum should be for stickied threads, and everything else should be on the 2nd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I wanted to make a thread about how to set up yuzu for playing Tears of the Kingdom and set it up as a spoiler thread before release / to carry over into release. What would and wouldn't be allowed in that thread, or is it a bad idea all together.