Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Metis of the Hallways posted:

If you feel it is necessary and would help you, admins can also remove your access to this subforum.

Looks pretty great overall. Are admins the only ones that can be talked to or can Mods/IKs be contacted to move the issue up the line? It might also help to include a link or email address to these people for people who don't have PMs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

VideoGames posted:

I can promise I will be around to do this now, as the new Games admin. I am very contactable. If anyone is requiring their access to things being removed temporarily I can help out. I feel very strongly about addiction and the way games can be predatory nowadays and if I can help someone by removing temptation then I absolutely will do so.

Thanks and congrats on your adminship.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

get owned idiot

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

enough

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Moola posted:

do not gently caress the pokemon OP

Crosspeice?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I still don't really quite understand why the industry news thread needs to be an rss feed with no chat whatsoever, but if it's a bad fit for Video Games maybe it can join its sister thread and be moved to byob.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Stux posted:

there can be discussion. however as u were probated in the thread for wildly speculating that the entire board of blizzard were pedophiles, its understandable that you would struggle with knowing what is and isnt appropriate behavior.

If you actually looked at the post you'd've seen that I was not supporting the speculation happening, but was trying to shift the topic to something we did know and have verifiable proof of. Perhaps I can understand that the person who has a five page rap sheet of probes and bans might find some difficulty on this topic of appropriate behavior.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It was a joke, there's no need to move the thread. The Industry Thread is largely fine and all the stuff gets posted both there and in blizzlols so there's a place for more discussion if someone wants that, though I can understand why that place is a turn off to people who don't want all the conversations and irreverent attitude of that thread. Stux and 16bb seem to like it quite a bit seeing that they regularly post there too.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

:dafuq: i barely post in that thread lol

My sweet goon, you have nearly 100 posts in that thread.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

studio mujahideen posted:

seems like its been fairly normal recently?

That's because you're not noticing the speculation posts about the Blizzard/China news and chat-like posting about the HBomb video going on in there, which is the type of stuff people mostly dislike about that thread. Are those posts being reported on and not acted on? It's been less than 24 hours since the first post with speculation was made so is that too long to have been kept up?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

studio mujahideen posted:

thats.............not that big of a deal

I agree, but that is what the people who have been vocal against the thread have been complaining about.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

How is your first day of keeping the Industry Thread in check?

Is that better?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Get rid of the bad posters who are telling people to shoot themselves in the head or walk onto Thomas the Tank Engine's track, too. This isn't an either/or situation here.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

would not exist if the problem were solved at the source.

This is patently has never been true. Plus, dealing with lovely people or posts by being lovely yourself has never solved anything.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Like that kind of lovely post is unneeded. It just reads like childish dancing around "well I'm not actually saying anything bad because I'm referencing a video game or cartoon." gently caress off with that. That adds nothing to a conversation except trying to hide that you're making a lovely post about someone dying or killing themselves.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

John Murdoch posted:

The ole "I'm gonna goomba stomp you and after you get squashed into a pancake you'll fall off the screen and I'll get 100 points" bit can be pretty fun.

Somehow, "I'm going to pull out a gun and shoot you in the face" lands a bit differently though.

This sort of thing is funny maybe when you're doing it with a friend, but if you're using it against someone whose posts you dislike then there's really no difference except one sounds like a child who thinks they're getting away with something because they're following the technical reading of the rules. Showing contempt for another person because they have different opinions than you in Pokemon or God of War or whatever is just as bad to read whether they say you should meet your violent end by their next door neighbor or by Phoenix Wright with a squeaky hammer. Negativity or positivity shouldn't be something that needs policing and if you see the problem is a person or people posting one over the other and you turn it into an argument rather than ignoring them or having a discussion about it, then that's the problem. If you want to make fun of someone because they make long and/or repeatedly lovely posts, then make fun of them for that. Don't tell them you hope they get kidnapped and harvested for their organs

in Minecraft.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I will never log off.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

what the absolute gently caress are you talking about

People need to stop telling people to die and/or kill themselves. Full stop.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Stux posted:

also obviously goes without saying, the idea that saying "die!!!!!!" or describing tom and jerry looney tunes violence or even frankly saying "im going to shoot you with my gun" is the same as telling someone to kill themselves, is frankly disgusting

I mean, I feel like it's pretty clear that you personally don't have a problem with it and the fact that you can't understand the connection between those things is understandable because you have that disconnect and are unable to empathize with the position that other people might be disturbed by your associating cartoons with harm towards other people and trying to normalize that as non-weird behavior.

But also I expect you'll respond to this with a pithy comment or a flood of gifs or whatever to show how much you don't care. That's clear. You don't care. You don't see other people as people. And that's sad.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Sleng Teng posted:

This is self righteousness and self-superiority in the guise of dispensing a diagnosis. You do the very thing you accuse someone else of doing.

Good, then we agree it's bad. I am not a saint of always acting correctly. I'll gladly take 24 hours to a week if everyone else for the last couple of days who has advocated for violence against another person regardless if it's cartoony or straight up just

gets the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Posts that normalize being lovely to other people is the problem. Please punish those posts.

I'm not calling the people making those posts psychopaths, I'm saying the posts do not belong here.