Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

:roboluv:SDGBA comes out for xbox, playstation, PC and switch on August 25th:roboluv:

SD Gundam Battle Alliance is a coop action game in which players, with AI partners or a coop team of three players, battle their way through various gundam storyline settings and boss fights (ranging from the OG series and zeta to SEED and Wing and on to more recent series like Unicorn and Iron Blooded Orphans), in an effort to restore the proper timelines all in the cutesy aesthetic of SD gundam; essentially Gundam: Xenoverse. Players can level up, alter the stats, and equip modifications on the various mobile suits they collect throughout the game; though as far as I can tell appearance customization is not available.

gameplay looks fast paced, arcadey, and flashy, which jibes well with the art style. All in all I'm tentatively excited for this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOFlFzYfgN8
(Opening cutscene; minor spoilers?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z_96JoDqLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLRsRPc2puQ

:roboluv:A demo releases for most systems on July 29 (though may be out on JPN stores now?) and switch at a later date; full release(:awesomelon:) for all systems is on August 25th.:roboluv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

bam quit sd'ing my timeline i got work in the morning

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

finally got around to playing the demo and this game is pretty dang fun!

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
Trip Report: This game's a mess. My condolences to anyone foolish enough to play a japanese-developed game with keyboard and mouse, which apparently takes the already Not Good lock-on system and cranks it to 11.

A major issue is that the game's difficulty lever ratchets up sharply in the fourth chapter, which is a parade of large MS and MA bosses that demand a level of system mastery that no enemy before them did thanks to violently overtuned attack tracking allowing the Psycho Gundam to pivot 180 degrees in mid air to land a dropkick. Underpowered and incompetent AI companions and a stone-dead multiplayer scene offer no succor, which is illustrated by the fact that this thread hasn't seen a post in half a month despite the game coming out.

Also there's reports of people's inventory eating itself, which is an incredibly bad sign.