Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
I'm through being cool, sign me up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

##vote Hal

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Binus, does it need to be exactly 1 vote? Or could it active whenever you get any number of votes?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Congrats on the baby!

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

merk posted:

Thank you! ##vote SporkChan - unnecessarily buddying up to a known veteran town powerhouse.

Pssh. Powerhouse is doubtful. Plus you just announced you were going to be basically absent for the next few days. Buddying up with you wouldn't be worth the effort.

##vote merk

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

wologar posted:

Yes. Spork and Maer are my scumbuds.

I haven't even caught up yet, but this blatent of a play is worth a vote. Also last game I saw someone openly claim scum on D1 they ended up being scum.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

SporkChan posted:

I haven't even caught up yet, but this blatent of a play is worth a vote. Also last game I saw someone openly claim scum on D1 they ended up being scum.

Sorry meant to add the vote, was getting caught up with the thread and went too quick.

##vote wologar

I agree with others that wolo's posting seems off, and I'm not willing to let a scum-claim go unpunished.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

As for me being gone most of the weekend? It's the weekend and I had my step-kids visiting and a party last night. Not going to apologize for being out. Especially since joke phase lasted most of D1 and only ended a few hours ago.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Scum post

binus you've called me scum in almost every game we've played together and you haven't been correct once. Maybe consider that my town style reads as scum to you and recalibrate.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

wologar posted:

Exciting!

Do you have any thoughts on the game Wolo? You've been leaning heavily on joke-phase stuff, what with the Greek, binary, and general chatter at the start of the day.

I know you've said Maer and I are scummy and referenced a single post for Maer. Do you have anything else for her?

And what's your case on me?

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Yeah, Wologar hasn't changed my mind. Hasn't offered an opinion of their own, just jumping on a bandwagon about my and Maer's posts being 'weird'.

Also they are jumping around like a jester (I'm assuming there isn't an actual jester in the game) and they openly made a scum claim.

I'm good with my vote where it is.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Work is kicking my butt today and keeping me from any effort posting, but it will be done hours before deadline so I'll be back around then more.

I will say I've been struggling with OMGUS basically since D2 started. The people pushing me (IA and binus mostly, RWC some) all look real scummy to me.

The case on me since D1 just seems real weak and I feel like people should be focusing on other players. So sticking with me feels like scum trying to push a vulnerable town out more than town scum-hunting.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Okay work is done so I can focus on mafia now.

Quick D1 recap thoughts;

Wologar seemed to be trying to pull votes to them, which ended up being successful. Assuming they were allowed to claim themselves as the first person voted off and did so it would makes sense for their role.

Voodoo didn't say much D1 except defending his keeping on binus. Considering binus asked for that vote I'm reading Voodoo's content as neutral. But we can't get any clues about the scum team motivations from this NK I don't think. Only funky option is that Voodoo dying is somehow related to the binus vote, but there's not really any evidence of that.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

D2 seems to mostly be people saying I'm scum without giving much evidence, just vibes. Admittedly I haven't been active so I haven't given people much to work with other than vibes.

Then there are votes on Maer and she starts defending herself. Gives vote on binus with just a case of vibes and 'sly' and 'crafting a narative'. Not terrible, binus is hard to read, but nothing concrete.

Finally there was a swing onto IA which I am feeling pretty okay about. IA was pushing me earlier, so part of me would be fine to see them gone just for that, but I'm working to see past that. The case seems to boil down to this post:

Idle Amalgam posted:

Although seeing so many other people support a maer or spork vote does rub me the wrong way as my thoughts on the game usually are a bit more contrary.

Going to go ahead and ##vote bee

I agree it's very strange to give a list of 3 scum, two of whom are vote leaders and then pivot to the 3rd person instead. Not sure if it's scum trying to distance themselves assuming that one of the top two townies will go down anyway or what, but I don't like it.

I'm leaning IA right now. Not seeing the Maer stuff, but she has been mostly on the defense this game so far. I'm going to reread a few folks before putting a vote down.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Reading through I'm more confident in an IA vote. And I'm thinking Maer may be onto something with binus.

IA: Has been pushing both Maer and I for the game, with some sideeye at binus. Has been tossing out suspicions but then backtracking them. merk was on IA's scum lists at one point and then dropped off without any mention. IA also had this post in response to their b- vote

Idle Amalgam posted:

But if you need context...

Bee started the game off in a bizarre way.

Didn't actually have anything good to offer up the next day.

Their only vote this game is/was against Cpig who won't vote them today.

So I don't feel good about the bee man. Don't feel good about you stepping up to bat for him either.

:goofy:

But at that point binus had a vote on me for almost a whole day. Seems odd that IA would leave that off of the summary, especially since IA also was focusing on me.

binus: binus started the day asking for a vote, which ultimately didn't end up giving any useful information. Could be bad luck (scum killed VooDoo so binus' investigation was moot) or could be all a ploy (VooDoo was killed so binus COULD claim to have known their role). The whole thing where they said 1 scum in the final 3 wologar votes, and 1 scum in the non-wologar votes feels like content padding. It's too broad to be helpful, but it appears to be scum hunting. Meanwhile binus keeps pushing me, which whatever.

I also really don't like this binus post:

b-minus1 posted:

I’ve got a few people on my town list but right now only one of them is voting scum. That needs to change

Assuming binus is referring to me as the scum being voted for; there are 3 votes on me at that time. Binus, RWC, and beet. So low-key binus is implying one of those two is also scum voting for scum, but the whole post is so vague as to be meaningless. Plus, each of RWC and beet can assume binus is talking about them as the 'town list', but binus hasn't actually said who is/isn't on said town list.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Some other quick reads:

hambeet and RWC give me town vibes. Putting forth theories and challenging others'.

Sand feels off, but I can't say why.

Maer feels okay, but I've learned I'm garbage at reading Maer, so I'm keeping my eye on her.

Grandi also feels towny, but has largely been content neutral so not much to look through right now.

Everyone else is mostly neutral reads at the moment.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Hey Spork, you’re Maerlyn’s rival, weren’t you?

Nope! Amazingly enough I'm vanilla town.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Rhymes With Clue posted:

##vote taste

Lurker, scumvibe. Somebody needs to do this.

Spork looking a bit better. A BIT.

Know what? I can live with this.

Gonna be away the rest of the evening folks, anniversary with the wife tonight.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

binus posting this;

b-minus1 posted:

##vote sandwolf not moving my vote

Then when Grandi offers pushback on the case, and asks if binus is the other bounty hunter;

b-minus1 posted:

##vote Grandicap

binus is being overly defensive about his cases. Don't like it, especially with the stuff I noticed yesterday. Seems like flailing around and just hoping for a lunch no matter who.

##vote binus

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Actually, I just noticed this.

b-minus1 posted:

##vote capitalist pig

b-minus1 posted:

Vote cpig

b-minus1 posted:

We should have lunched spork or pig

b-minus1 posted:

I like rhymes’ spork casing. I didn’t realize spork got up to 5 votes yesterday.

Lets do it ##vote spork

b-minus1 posted:

We could just kill obvious scum spork. or cloac or maybe grandi
..and many more quotes pushing me.

binus has been after me and Cpig all over this game. Mentioning both of us more than anyone else.

For me binus has jumped on any case anyone else has made, agreeing with them and saying I should be voted out.
For Cpig, binus seems to be the only one mentioning them as scum at all.

I'm not 100%, but I'm thinking binus is the other bounty hunter (might also explain the vote on Grandi when he suggested the same) with Cpig and myself as his targets.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

Nice 3p hunting.

Why thank you. It was your focus on Cpig with no evidence that really got me looking.

b-minus1 posted:

Hey spork can you please list your top 3 scum picks

Sure. You're still top of my list.

After that it's IA.

My third choice isn't really solidified. A nebulous feeling towards Grandi, Hal, or Cloaca.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Uhhh we know for a fact one more exists?

And with three known 3P in a 16 player game I'm assuming the scum team itself is small. 3 players at the most.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Hal Insandenza posted:

Merk and I may as well be confirmed masons at this point

I am reading those recent spork posts and wishing there was more insight in them, the b-minus stuff is just recycling old stuff at this point

How is it recycling old stuff? My two posts about binus were about his recent (at the time) action of getting defensive about Grandis post, and then noting he might be the other bounty hunter. And that also was in response to the new info from Maer's claim/flip.

If you don't like the case its okay, but it's not just recycling old points.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I feel like the Sandwolf/merk fight was two townies. Not voting either.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

so said my mason partner too, but, good news for y'all

Hmmm... may have spoken too soon about Sand.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I'd be willing to vote IA if it comes down to the wire.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Sandwolf posted:

Obvi will gladly vote IA just curious why taste seems to be so immune to criticism when they’re evidently not playing the game but are present.

Speaking for myself taste is content neutral while binus and IA I have scum reads on. If it was taste or no one then fine, but with the option I would prefer the other two.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

I'm still happy with my binus vote. Have some slight suspicions of Hal, Sand, and IA.

Ham and Grandi I feel pretty good about.

Cloaca and taste have been content neutral, other than taste admitting they aren't having fun.

Will try to watch up till deadline, but I have folks over this evening so no time for big posts. So getting out my thoughts in case scum for me tonight.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Scum come for me tonight I meant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

How is Sandwolf still alive? Did I misread that binus was a lunch bomb and thus kills whoever hammers them?

Am I just misunderstanding what a lunch bomb is?