Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Chapter 5 side quest Hero: lol Triton loving owns love this weirdo pirate traitor man. Love how his intro is just him confusing everyone.

I love how he's just a giant Xenogears reference too. Man of the sea indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

HellOnEarth posted:

Boy the end of chapter 5 sure had me openly weeping. FFXIV no longer has a monopoly on Catgirl Tragedy.

Poor M. She deserved so much better. It did solidify N as one of the best antagonists in the series for me though.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

HellOnEarth posted:

Finished at just under 80 hours! I really liked it!

Ending stuff:
I appreciate a good old fashioned :gbsmith: ending, but I kind of hope the upcoming DLC in December has a follow up story. I’m rootin’ for those crazy kids.

Maybe I missed something but I wasn’t sure why the worlds drifted apart when time restarted? I thought that Origin was supposed to successfully reboot the post-merge planet.

Ending talk: The way I understood it is Origin specifically recreates both worlds into forms of light after the merge since the merge would destroy both worlds. It's implied that the worlds are still connected though, due to Noah hearing Mio's tune and disappearing in the post-credits afterwards, probably to reunite with Mio. So presumably people are able to travel between both worlds once their memories reawaken.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Valleyant posted:

Everyone in the city is super dead/never born yeah?

Yes, but it's also implied that they'll be reborn in time too