Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh my god who the gently caress decided monster drops needed to have three tiers of rarity and then made crafting gems require a precise rarity level, without being able to downscale? This is bullshit. I have like 15 rare Moramora Bezoars but noooo the gem requires a COMMON one, which I inexplicably have zero of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I was just glad Yumsmith had a transferrable Break art so I wasn't stuck with someone in Swordfighter if I wanted to do combos at all.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

VanillaGorilla posted:

What actually determines when a class unlocks for a character? I’ve had one stuck at the last sliver for a “B” ranked character for a while. I’m using the hero in my party and it just doesn’t seem to be moving.

Just number of fights or maybe enemies, but importantly they need to be at-level enemies. Can't fight things too far below your level, gets you zero progress on class unlocks. No, I don't think the game tells you this anywhere. Yes, this is in the same game that decided to not have leveling down anymore.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Speaking of area size jesus they made them big this time around. The second zone you go to really just keeps going. It has three colonies in it! Three!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

queeb posted:

the gently caress is art followup

No one knows. Biggest mystery in the gane right now. Also if you look in the party skills menu you'll see there's only two total run speed boosts for some reason.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Art Follow Up makes your character automatically do a kinda dinky follow up green orb attack whenever they do an Art in the circle.

Asherah is the best character in this game.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Chapter 5 side quest Hero: lol Triton loving owns love this weirdo pirate traitor man. Love how his intro is just him confusing everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The class is absolutely nuts too, can't believe they hid a pirate-themed blue mage with completely unique mechanics like 80 hours into the game.