Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The velveeta cheese recipe is likely something Kraft published 60 years ago to sell more cheese and convince midwestern housewives that this was an easier way to make fudge (which can be a little laborious and tricky).

Back then, how things tasted didn't seem to be a high priority in American cuisine. Shortcuts were all the rage. The only spice used was paprika, and that was strictly for color. It was a dark time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t think Rachel is getting enough credit here

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was a wall puncher when I was young. My right hand still has a large scarred knuckle to show for it. It took me through most of my twenties to learn to properly control myself and channel anger. I learned to turn it inward, force it down inside of me into a little ball. A ball of hatred inside my chest that continues to grow, like a black hole of negativity. Every day growing, consuming, threatening to suck in and destroy all around it.

What I’m saying is it gets better.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There was a video recently of a woman yeeting a raccoon out of a bar. Was the video actually reversed?

Fake edit: now that I think about it, it may have been a possum

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
At Costco when you do it, the checker at the door scans three items in your cart as some sort of spot check to confirm they’re on your receipt. I don’t know if they just look for big/expensive items when they do this or what, but the whole process is pretty frictionless and skipping the check out line feels like the future.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

God, the Mets suck

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

other people posted:

Do they have their hands in their pockets and they get stuck? Oof

You can feel the panic

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

I think it is, when one of my cats starts wailing the others do too. I wonder if it's a similar urge to the bird-chatter. Cats have severe echolalia.

Yeah it sounds like my cat’s chatter when he sees birds or even random light reflections on the wall. Never seen him do it for sound though.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mobby_6kl posted:

No wonder that motorcyclists are killing themselves like it's going out of style

Backing into your open grave is still creative and direct

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Trust fail

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

The face of a guy who was confronted by his mortality and impending death in a flash, and is now contemplating his life

That was old road trip trick. It helps that truckers keep their lights on when parked at rest stops at night (seems to depend on state maybe?) but you could drive toward one at a slow speed then jam the brakes and scream when you had a sleeping passenger. Good times.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kid's already better than I ever was at tennis. I hope he goes on to be a big time pro, and every time he wins a major they show him smashing his own giblets.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oh god I can feel that.

Rolled my ankle playing basketball in college. Nothing broken somehow but the next morning there were big streaks of blood under the skin all the way up to my knee. Looked gnarly as hell.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If it’s a hollow Masonite door it’s gonna be a bitch to patch. I’d suggest replacing it, but if he can’t figure out which side is up on the existing door, mortising new hinges is going to be a big ask (which he may need to do if he flips the existing door as well).

For someone of his competency, I’d suggest moving.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I happen to like malware, that’s why I’m anti-Symantec.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

freeedr posted:

Ok but what is the fish sticks joke

Do you like fish sticks?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Haha gotcha

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Hah hah, Dr Oz kicked press out of his victory party after he found out he was gonna lose.

Years ago I got to attend Ollie North’s senate victory party as a member of the media. He lost and it was wonderful seeing so many unhappy supporters.

Also, I don’t remember who the band was, but they were pretty good. I think it was a Mexican or South American band of some note.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's called extreme limbo. You should see the later rounds.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

Given that they don't appear to know where humans ribs are or that folding one up like that would make it impossible to properly carve, I wouldn't trust then to have any accurate bio facts :rolleyes:

Plus there’s no way it would cook evenly like that. Really need to spatchcock it.

A few years back peta got in trouble at their Norfolk headquarters for killing so many pets that they were dumping their carcasses in dumpsters. That’s animal lovers for you.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mega Comrade posted:

What is the purpose of the WiFi?

Can send alerts to your phone, you can see the temps, probably a graph of temp readings through the duration of the smoke, stuff like that.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

monkeytennis posted:

Crumbs that’s going to hurt for a while.

Sternum? drat near kill him.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You guys talking about the power slide activator?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I am skeptical that any of what they are doing in that video would work that way they are pretending it does.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Happiness is not, in fact, a warm gun.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s a shame the airbags went off, insurance is probably gonna total that plane now.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

limp_cheese posted:

If not that I think one of the problems was it would gently caress up regulating oxygen or something and routinely kill the test pilots.

Did any pilots actually die from that? I remember the oxygen system being an issue but I didn’t think it led to any deaths.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looks to me like he did stop suddenly so...mission accomplished?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Good for him for wearing a helmet. He knew what he was doing.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It kills me that we’ll never know why he fell out. Was the door rusted out too? Did he bail? Accidentally grab the door release?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

:confused: he didn't wear his seatbelt

But doors shouldn’t just open though right?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Some of those cars being returned to the customers are honestly terrifying. Doesn't the US have regulations for how much tread a tire must have, or how many parts of a car can legally be rusted off before it needs to be scrapped?

A lot of states (mine included) require annual safety inspections that look at all kinds of things, tires, brakes, tie rods, wipers…but if you fail and don’t get work done you just leave with a pink sticker on your car and you have x number of days to get it fixed before you’re subject to a ticket. But as far as I know, mechanics have no legal right to stop someone from driving away in a dangerous car.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I don’t know who Andrew Tate is and at this point I’m afraid to ask.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Inceltown posted:

la petite mort du ventilateur

:emptyquote:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Thermal shock?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
We seem to get a lot of fatal single vehicle motorcycle accidents where I live, which is a big military area. Lots of young guys who because of deployment or reenlistment money buy bikes they’re in no way equipped to handle.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think they allow acceptable alternate pronunciations whether you say it the way you said it or the right way.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He’s trying to get his shoe back though. Wrenching his life back from Death’s icy grip. Respect.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Scott Forstall posted:

This, but he certainly had insurance on this right? That won’t bring back his boy pikachu but you can’t ship that without insurance

Unless he claimed it was something much cheaper in order to avoid customs fees, and that’s why customs opened it up because it turns out it wasn’t a book or whatever was on the declaration.

Edit: vvv Good point

Flash Gordon Ramsay fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jan 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whatever he was trying to do was dumb, but that definitely seems like the wrong kind of fence to have around a skate park. Like someone didn’t think that through.