Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BrideOfUglycat posted:

Obviously you don't remember the late-90's/early 00's where this was a big thing among 20 year old boys. I remember sitting with the other girls, watching the guys chase each other around to do this, and thinking this was the stupidest thing I'd seen.

"Why do you guys do this? No one seems to like it?"
Guy (in standard 'girls are clueless' tone) -- "It's a GAME."

Meanwhile, they were always half a step away from brawling when someone gets them. So loving dumb.

Men and women alike back 2008 to probably 2010 when I was in the navy did the "awkward salmon" where they would just run up behind someone and smack the poo poo out of the insides of their knees/thighs while yelling it.

And obviously the sack taps which everyone seemingly ages out of. Usually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Mods and IKs are all cops.

IKs are more like meter maids.

No real power but loving annoying

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Post poste posted:

No, most websites didn't have a furfag star and plans to mass gas chamber the ones with the stars.

Or forums cancer.
It was actually a few steps further right then you remember

That didn't even seem to be considered a right or left thing back then. It just...happened. it was essentially just edgier takes on fairly mainstream poo poo going on.

It was still dumb as gently caress, don't get me wrong.

E: also forums cancer is still hilarious.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mega Comrade posted:

How does someone get to the point that they can ride a horse but not know what a stirrup is for?

Pants that tight probably can't lift a leg high enough.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hands up everyone who clicked 'unmute' expecting to hear the moan-fart sound effects added in and were disappointed

Hand up

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Man, one of my guys at work the other day was asking for a roll of tape (think full duct tape roll) so I tossed it to him. Someone called his name on the radio right as I let go so he looked away and it just loving smacked him in the left nut.

I felt bad but goddamn did I laugh when he reacted just like that.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Grem posted:

As a veteran scuba instructor, I have touched dozens of sharks with my bare hands. Every one had very rough skin, like medium sandpaper.

Sounds more like you're a fukkin stroke

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Scratch Monkey posted:

Lost more than half its value in a year

Wasn't it up around 1k/share at one point?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Philthy posted:

I don't even see that many Tesla cars around. I don't think I saw a single one while visiting Texas. Up here in WI they are maybe as common as seeing a Porsche. Are they more popular overseas?

They're everywhere in FL, CA and CO

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Skwirl posted:

1) no, they don't. Depending on the stadium they're playing on grass or astroturf, neither are things you can put a heating element under.
2) I don't know about this particular team's football budget. But they spend insane amounts of money on college football, like nothing is too expensive (except the players, they get tuition and a room and a meal card for the cafeteria and not another cent). Assuming a college team has a smaller budget than an NFL team is not as safe an assumption as you'd think.

The only sentence in this post that is factual is the last one.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Push El Burrito posted:

Look Anoia has one job and she's going to do it.

Rattle my drawers every mornin

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shaking lemur butt posted:

Hold my beer for a sec, just gonna park here in the middle of this hill in winter without engaging the parking brake

W...what would the parking brake change about a sliding car

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

StrangersInTheNight posted:

this. I have a faulty alternator I need to get fixed and my left tire has a puncture that slowly leaks, but until I get a good paying gig, I'm jumping the car and filling the tire. it still rolls.

if it fully dies in the meantime, I'm hosed, but I've just gotta trust I can skate through until a payday.

welcome to america!

If the tire is in decent shape other than puncture discount tire will usually patch for free, or a used tire place for 5 to 10 bucks.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The General posted:

:stare:

I like to keep it light and stick to hands. And also that one guy who took it in the head.

I had someone get shoved into my back right as I let go of a dart one night and put it through a guys big toenail and pinned the toe to his flip-flop.

That was 12yrs ago and I still giggle to myself about it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Shifty Nipples posted:

i'm sorry that your dad was an rear end in a top hat to you or alternatively that you are an rear end in a top hat dad

Dunking on the child saves them from your experiences as an adult.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
What else am I supposed to eat on a friday

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Where are you getting this from? I know Twitter is the best trash fire in 2023, but I'm seeing no indication it got this bad.

Literally the tweet in the post from the official Twitter support account?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/michaelseitz/status/1637206840755773443

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Got em right in the ole weeknee

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

I seriously hope you're not an ik of this thread because wtf dude