Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For the Brits, which is your fav

I’ve never been to Thorpe Park but Alton Towers is good, I like Oblivion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

having been to both, alton towers is clearly superior. thorpe park's a good day though.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Alton towers 100%

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
jesus christ lmfao

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Had a bit of a toss in thorpes park lol

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

I rode in the Corningstone Cars in Buckington Park when I was just a lad. For me, it's miles ahead of Alton or Thorpey. But your meterage may vary.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

dionysian posted:

I rode in the Corningstone Cars in Buckington Park when I was just a lad. For me, it's miles ahead of Alton or Thorpey. But your meterage may vary.

Corningstone Cars were absolutely gear! Shame they replaced it with The Bobby's Loo but you can still make out the little Lorry Cars. Cheers!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Thorpe Park is great if you want to be splashed in what is almost certainly 30% piss by volume.

Alton Towers is nice although last time I went my colleague was too scared of the rides and said he was going to walk around the flower garden instead and when we walked by the flower garden shortly afterwards it was roped off with police tape and officers were doing forensics within it so we're like 80% sure he did A Crime.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

Thorpe Park is great if you want to be splashed in what is almost certainly 30% piss by volume.

Thorpe Park it is.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Alton, hands down. Best rides, best theming, best maintenance. Made all the better when you realise what insane limitations they're under due to local ordinances on ride height/sound levels/etc. Just wish I could convince friends to go, The Smiler incident still looms large in their minds for some reason almost a decade later.

Thorpe has some great rides but the whole place is a disjointed mess of weird creative direction and it was so grubby the last time I visited. Also weird rear end decisions like whatever that Love Island mess they plopped in for whatever reason.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I mean they're both ran by the same company but Alton Towers edges it for me. Nemesis > Nemesis Inferno.

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R
i had forgotten all about the smiler incident when i went a couple of years ago. seemed to be a pretty big queue for it so i guess nobody else remembers either

the main fuckup about that trip was that we were meant to be going in like october when it's quiet but had to put it back a week and ended up on the first weekend of the school half term holidays and it was absolutely rammed. i have never spent so long standing in loving queues in one day, must have added up to 7 hours at least and i could barely walk afterwards

so yeah if it's even mildly busy, pay for the fast track ticket, it's worth it

HORSE-SLAUGHTERER
Nov 11, 2020

H O R S E - S L A U G H T E R E R

dionysian posted:

oh poo poo buckington park? i got thrown out of there once for pissing on the miniature railway, must have been proper wankered at the time lol. can you still get Swan Flaps there in the caff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Alton Towers for sure

Went there around Halloween several years ago when they were running late opening, riding the coasters in the dark was awesome.

Not been in ages though, since the Smiler was the new hotness. Really need to get back there and check out Wicker Man, just waiting for my kid to get tall enough to go on all the good rides.