Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey I wanna go to Universal Orlando for the first time next year and wanna ask some questions and also just get general advice on it!!!!!!!!

I'm planning to go in January for 5-7-ish days and try to see all three parks, is it worth it to do stuff like the express pass, stay at one of their hotels (and if so which one) and all the other bells and whistles they try to convince you is super great and necessary?

Also talk about Universal in general, I would like to just hear people's experiences because it seems like a cool park. My story is I went to Universal Hollywood like three years ago and it was cool and I liked The Mummy ride and the Simpsons ride and I was like "drat that was cool, Orlando has way more stuff right, I should go there too" and then a worldwide pandemic was like "lol. just lmao." and here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JOHN CENA posted:

don't make direct eye contact with king kong

I'm gonna

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jose Oquendo posted:

I’d love to meet the designer who thought that sitting in a truck and looking at 3d screens while the truck bounced around would be a huge improvement over the poo poo in that video.

That sounds a lot like the Simpsons ride in Hollywood lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CelticPredator posted:

Halloween Horror Nights is the greatest thing of all time

I've heard it's pretty sick but I really wanna avoid going when it's too crowded mostly because covid but also because I hate crowds and lines. And from what I've heard Halloween is the most crowded time of the year that's not spring break or summer specifically because Horror Nights are so cool. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I was under the impression the Harry Potter train is something that practically gets you from park to park quicker than walking. Is it only something you do if you really wanna ride the train from Harry Potter? (which I do not particularly care about)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Oh and also, you absolutely must do Fast and Furious Supercharged.

But only if the queue is like 15 minutes or less. It loving sucks, but it needs to be experienced provided it's not taking up too much of your time. Telling you this will not spoil how bad it is, because even with advance knowledge how much it sucks it will still manage to be worse.

Don't do single rider, you will want to experience the preshow.

Eh, it's still like top 3 by most rankings.

The problem is the one consistently ranked better is in Ohio and nobody should ever have to go to Ohio.

Don't do express either?