Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which August 16th release are you most looking forward to?
This poll is closed.
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16 12 21.82%
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16 31 56.36%
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16 5 9.09%
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16 7 12.73%
Total: 55 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Here are some video games:

The Gallery [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 1
Frogun [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 2
South of the Circle [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 3
Hard West 2 [PC] – August 4
Turbo Golf Racing [PC, XSX, XBO] – August 4
Thymesia [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 9
Two Point Campus [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 9
Lost In Play [PC, Switch] – August 10
Arcade Paradise [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 11
Cult Of The Lamb [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 11
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered [PC] – August 12
Blossom Tales 2: The Minotaur Prince [PC, Switch] – August 16
Rollerdrome [PC, PS5, PS4] – August 16
Tribes of Midgard [XSX, XBO, Switch] – August 16
Way of the Hunter [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 16
Cursed To Golf [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 18
RPG Time: The Legend of Wright [Switch] – August 18
Madden 23 [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – August 19
Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 23
Midnight Fight Express [PC, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 23
Saints Row [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – August 23
Pac-Man World Re-Pac [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 26
Soul Hackers 2 [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – August 26
Destroy All Humans! 2 - Reprobed [PC, PS5, XSX] – August 30
F1 Manager 2022 [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO] – August 30
ORX [PC] – August 30
Tinykin [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 30
Scathe [PC] – August 31

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Proud to post in the August chat thread. Happy gaming, gamers.

FFX Thought: this Seymour guy is a real patoot.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hello posters and lurkers

Hope all of you are doing well

I remembered this song, very nostalgic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Nt0iAu3qw

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Guess I'll move this over to the new thread

PunkBoy posted:

That's awesome. I wish companies would upload old footage like that. It's fascinating to see early builds of stuff.

One of my favorite Giant Bomb shows is Game Tapes, where they just watch footage of old events and sometimes B-roll marketing reels gamespot was given back in the day

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Good job theres nothing out I want til Soul Hackers 2 this month, might have chance to finish XBC3 and Digimon Survive.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom is the best Wes Anderson film, I'm glad we agree

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Looks to be a slow month for new games. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is Cult of the Lamb. The summer Next Fest demo was promising so I hope the full release holds up to that first impression.

Gonna get caught up on older games this month! And by that of course I mean I'll be playing endless grind MMOs and idle games to soothe my broken monkey brain.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot Soul Hackers 2 comes out this month, I am looking forward to that one.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm watching megaman battle network speedruns

I did not know there was a part in mmbn2 where a guy tells Lan that if he wants to have some whiskey then Lan is gonna have to rap with him. Lan responds by saying "Hellz yeah"

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? [PC, PS5, XSX, PS4, XBO, Switch] – August 23

I didn't know Nintendo DS shovelware was still coming out lol.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm watching megaman battle network speedruns

I did not know there was a part in mmbn2 where a guy tells Lan that if he wants to have some whiskey then Lan is gonna have to rap with him. Lan responds by saying "Hellz yeah"

It’s a speed run so you probably didn’t see it, but that’s nowhere near the craziest part, where said man also tells you to suck on your mother’s milk.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wow thanks to Saints Row an actual video game is coming out this month, amazing!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/maniadrone/status/1553982834121097216

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I love video gaming :)

This month, on stream, I will be finishing Majora's Mask, playing FFX and playing Stray. *Marge simpson I just think they are neat gif*

In my own time I started a game that I have been promising Cheetah I would try for a long while. I have begun Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX and will be thought posting about that.

Currently I have recruited my first party member! Regina Curtis.

The names in this are wild, but so far Keithgriff Hazeldine is melodic in ways of the Romantic poets.

It seems like a very relaxing kind of game, even with the time limits. 3 years to learn about some flowers seems tremendously doable and luckily moving around the place takes a couple of days. 3 days is about 1% of time so I think it is good to have it as a directive but not too restrictive.

I really like the idea of getting bonuses from writing in the diary and committing to words the actions you took, but that you have to actually make the memories to write them down (memory points being what you use to make those commitments.) It is a game mechanic I have not seen before and I love surprises :)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

VideoGames posted:

I love video gaming :)

This month, on stream, I will be finishing Majora's Mask, playing FFX and playing Stray. *Marge simpson I just think they are neat gif*

In my own time I started a game that I have been promising Cheetah I would try for a long while. I have begun Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk DX and will be thought posting about that.

Currently I have recruited my first party member! Regina Curtis.

The names in this are wild, but so far Keithgriff Hazeldine is melodic in ways of the Romantic poets.

It seems like a very relaxing kind of game, even with the time limits. 3 years to learn about some flowers seems tremendously doable and luckily moving around the place takes a couple of days. 3 days is about 1% of time so I think it is good to have it as a directive but not too restrictive.

I really like the idea of getting bonuses from writing in the diary and committing to words the actions you took, but that you have to actually make the memories to write them down (memory points being what you use to make those commitments.) It is a game mechanic I have not seen before and I love surprises :)

ronpaulitshappening.gif

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
VG, have you disliked any game that’s been recommended to you?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rinkles posted:

VG, have you disliked any game that’s been recommended to you?

Not that I can think of. I do assume it is because people are recommending really good games though and not deliberately choosing bad ones.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

How dare someone else sticky this thread before I had the opportunity--

oh wait it was probably VideoGames I can't be mad at VideoGames

enjoy Ayesha, VG!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
VG is genetically incapable of hating a video game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
we should test his limits, for science. Just give him a series of worse and worse games until we finally find one he doesn't like

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

we should test his limits, for science. Just give him a series of worse and worse games until we finally find one he doesn't like

I think that’ll kill him, because he won’t ever be able to dislike a game but then after playing Dumpster Fire Simulator V and then replaying another From game the whiplash’ll be too much for any man to handle.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnDDTg_xqhs

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Veeg isn't a big fan of Butthole Licking Simulator from what I hear

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I wonder if anyone ever made a Dark Souls mod that replaced the normal boss fight music with the composer’s usual bangers like this one…

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Last Celebration posted:

I wonder if anyone ever made a Dark Souls mod that replaced the normal boss fight music with the composer’s usual bangers like this one…

...wait, Sakuraba did the Dark Souls OST!?

Then I was right, Sakuraba's problem with samey OSTs isn't his style, it's that he should be banned from ever using syth in his work.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Then I was right, Sakuraba's problem with samey OSTs isn't his style, it's that he should be banned from ever using syth in his work.

If you listen to the Ornstien and Smough track you can totally tell it’s him, but otherwise it’s a pretty big surprise.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Why would you ban him from the thing he does best

He should be banned from doing dull as ditchwater Tales soundtracks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

'Let's ban him from doing more of this' a deranged person

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHv6-4UdrOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sakurazuka posted:

Why would you ban him from the thing he does best

He should be banned from doing dull as ditchwater Tales soundtracks

Because I always felt that his dull and samey soundtracks were from using the same loving synths on everything I like his music but even outside of Tales is like, you could grab his SO music and put it in Valkyrie Profile or Tales.

Edit: He should be doing less battle themes and more Velvet themes that's what I say.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Big year for him

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hey, you, yes you - the lurker reading this thread who doesn't post.
Come chat with us. It's fun.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Xenoblade.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I hope One Piece Odyssey is good, but I fear I have hyped myself up unreasonably expecting it to be as fantastic an experience as playing DQXI for the first time was.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

awesome video games
video games awesome

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Mode 7 posted:

Hey, you, yes you - the lurker reading this thread who doesn't post.
Come chat with us. It's fun.

No. Lurking means I don’t have to contribute.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Metis of the Hallways posted:

How dare someone else sticky this thread before I had the opportunity--

oh wait it was probably VideoGames I can't be mad at VideoGames

enjoy Ayesha, VG!

Thank you!!

Rarity posted:

VG is genetically incapable of hating a video game

cheetah7071 posted:

Last Celebration posted:

I think that’ll kill him, because he won’t ever be able to dislike a game but then after playing Dumpster Fire Simulator V and then replaying another From game the whiplash’ll be too much for any man to handle.

I am certainly willing to give it a try. I would think it should be games that actually try though - not just weird shovelware asset flip stuff ;)

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

Been playing through Bayonetta to prepare for Bayo 3 coming later in the year, and the game is very good everyone.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Another chat thread another time to pay rent....

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

How care you rate me, game. I’m the one who rates YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

bovis posted:

Been playing through Bayonetta to prepare for Bayo 3 coming later in the year, and the game is very good everyone.

I played through it last year and had a great time. I need to make room in my schedule for Bayo 2 before 3 comes out as well.