Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Arrath posted:

Fuckin paywall, that sounds very interesting.

Currently polling so I can't dump (maybe try incognitoing), but may I interest you in other entertainment?

https://twitter.com/5DollarFeminist/status/1554536446521970691?t=XsOA6_x3lQmSGw5bFtiFGg&s=19

Apparently Alex Jones is about to hit the stand, so if y'all post a live link, you can see the "fun" in real time. Not a good idea for me to find/test that while checking people in at a polling place :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
For the 1st time since 1946 someone in the UK has been charged with treason. The last was Lord Haw-haw (who broadcast for the Nazis) who ended up at the end of a rope.

The death penality is no-longer on the cards, but this guy was arrested on the grounds of Windsor castle with a crossbow and evil intent. Technically 'having a weapon with intent to "alarm her Majesty" under Britain's Treason Act'. It was Christmas day and the Queen was there.

Baconroll fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Aug 2, 2022

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Arrath posted:

Fuckin paywall, that sounds very interesting.

Here's the gift article link: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/02/...&smid=url-share

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Baconroll posted:

For the 1st time since 1946 someone in the UK has been charged with treason. The last was Lord Haw-haw (who broadcast for the Nazis) who ended up at the end of a rope.

The death penality is no-longer on the cards, but this guy was arrested on the grounds of Windsor castle with a crossbow and evil intent. Technically 'having a weapon with intent to "alarm her Majesty" under Britain's Treason Act'.

What the gently caress? Reality getting weird again.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

it stopped?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

Currently polling so I can't dump (maybe try incognitoing), but may I interest you in other entertainment?

https://twitter.com/5DollarFeminist/status/1554536446521970691?t=XsOA6_x3lQmSGw5bFtiFGg&s=19

Apparently Alex Jones is about to hit the stand, so if y'all post a live link, you can see the "fun" in real time. Not a good idea for me to find/test that while checking people in at a polling place :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oidaP0MM6dE

Right now is cross of one of the plaintiffs. Jones is up after re-direct and jury questions.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
everyone get a big bowl of chili to have in solidarity with our big red boy

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

As a listener of the Dollop, everything has been weird all the time forever.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

facialimpediment posted:

After returning from a brief recess, the judge just had to tell Jones' lawyer to spit out his OWN gum. WTF?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
PACT Act (burn pit bill) going to clear the Senate tonight, GOP agreed to 60-vote levels on their amendments they wanted (so lol none will pass).

And here's an example of why Twitter Is Good, Actually as two very, very weird worlds are going to collide tomorrow. Wouldn't have happened unless random people were like HEY DAN CARLIN YOU SHOULD GO ON THIS WEIRDO PODCAST and he was like "oh I really like them"

https://twitter.com/thejasonkirk/status/1554540612543709185?t=XSDE9oNgjxQczWGhTazW4A&s=19

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 2, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Alex Jones just took the stand.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Zawahiri got obliterated by the knife missile.

quote:

Social media images of the strike pointed to the hallmarks of a modified Hellfire called the R9X with six blades to damage targets, sources familiar with the weapon said. It is largely aimed at individual targets, such as militants in Syria.

The images showed windows destroyed on the second floor while the structure of the house remained intact despite being hit by Hellfires.

:getin:

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Seems weird to do that for such a high value target - I guess they weren't concerned about missing / him getting away?

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

I'm guessing they used it because of how scarily accurate it's been proven to be, and how it minimizes unintended casualties which would cause bad PR.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Yeah it's sort of iffy that we're still killing people in a country we recently left but "we killed the guy, and also his wife and kids" would be a bit much.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

I'm going to pitch a Predator that carries two modified Hellfire sized drones of their own, which then release small, grenade like racing drones over an area.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

bulletsponge13 posted:

I'm going to pitch a Predator that carries two modified Hellfire sized drones of their own, which then release small, grenade like racing drones over an area.

I'm gonna pitch a missile with an olfactory sensor that homes in on the smell of unwashed rear end, call it the Buttsniffer. Cause of Death: Mach 4 Cornholing.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
So there's one big election result to pay attention to tonight. Abortion is currently legal in Kansas by judicial review of the constitution and pro-lifers want to change the constitution directly (YES result = abortion illegal) (NO result = abortion stays legal).

Early NO votes are way higher than expected, but it's all early voting blue areas currently in. Early rurals are also very weak YES. Early hope for at least SOMETHING good today.

MonkeyWash
Jan 14, 2005
Donkey Rinse

facialimpediment posted:

So there's one big election result to pay attention to tonight. Abortion is currently legal in Kansas by judicial review of the constitution and pro-lifers want to change the constitution directly (YES result = abortion illegal) (NO result = abortion stays legal).

Early NO votes are way higher than expected, but it's all early voting blue areas currently in. Early rurals are also very weak YES. Early hope for at least SOMETHING good today.

I did my part and voted no. Now to move out of this wretched state.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/TonyMichaelsPod/status/1554596265643622401

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Jimmy Smuts posted:

I'm guessing they used it because of how scarily accurate it's been proven to be, and how it minimizes unintended casualties which would cause bad PR.
Maybe they're not just publicizing the misses and the fucker has just been dodging the Shrike dropping in on him for years.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Judge didn't let him finish. "...bankrupt (COMMA) morally."

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Cugel the Clever posted:

Maybe they're not just publicizing the misses and the fucker has just been dodging the Shrike dropping in on him for years.
I wish we still used Walleyes, as the videos from the seeker were impressive, at least from Gulf War footage.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Eat poo poo forced birthers

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1554639811595669505?t=XvOoVxKTnJPTBG6ocqerOw&s=19

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I'm gonna pitch a missile with an olfactory sensor that homes in on the smell of unwashed rear end, call it the Buttsniffer. Cause of Death: Mach 4 Cornholing.

so you’ve also watched Star Trek VI

:hmmyes:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

facialimpediment posted:

So this is really one of those things to be celebrated - Republicans put this poo poo on the ballot in a primary specifically to kill abortion in Kansas and thought it was a slam dunk. Instead, the state simply voted harder. Turnout was projected at 38% and is instead probably going to hit 50%. People that push "vote harder" are big, dumb idiots, but some situations *do* call for voting harder.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1554659782811844615

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1554646073842569217

Granted, a lot of these NO voters are going to be solid-red in the general because... voters. But Democrats need to immediately loving realize just what the gently caress happened and run on this poo poo nationwide.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
The vote was clearly stolen.

wait, I'm checking my notes, the vote was stollen, a delicious holiday bread.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

A.o.D. posted:

The vote was clearly stolen.

wait, I'm checking my notes, the vote was stollen, a delicious holiday bread.

They used an illegal shallot box, a container of small onions.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

facialimpediment posted:

But Democrats need to immediately loving realize just what the gently caress happened and run on this poo poo nationwide.

Pigs will not fly.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Pigs will not fly.

Incorrect, they have police helicopters all over the country

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Stravag posted:

Incorrect, they have police helicopters all over the country

I am truly impressed at the lengths to which pigs will go to avoid saving schoolchildren.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Isn't that margin of victory pretty close to the nationwide percentages on legal abortion? I want to say I'm surprised by the result but I'm really not. I drive 70 across Kansas all the time and there have been Yes signs every 30 feet for months but it's just the normal thing you see in rural areas all the time. There have been anti abortion signs along highways through rural areas for as long as I can remember but it's obviously not the majority opinion any more.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Is this the same ballot that was ridiculously ambiguous in its wording?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Fragrag posted:

Is this the same ballot that was ridiculously ambiguous in its wording?

Yes.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Confirmed, the amendment has been rejected.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

psydude posted:

Confirmed, the amendment has been rejected.

Hell yeah, go Kansas

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

facialimpediment posted:

:emptyquote:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Grip it and rip it posted:

Seems weird to do that for such a high value target - I guess they weren't concerned about missing / him getting away?

He hosed up and we needed an easy W

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

God willing