Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper

don't talk to me until i've had my coffee!!! haha but seriously folks im so tired i really hope this starbucks milkshake filled with espresso gives me the strength to shamble through my workday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
I am having a coffee in bed cos I am sick still :qq:

But hey, sick coffee is better than no coffee at all amirite

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Chewbecca

Also if I don't have coffee in the morning I get caffeine headaches which would down a horse lol

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Scuba Trooper

Chewbecca posted:

Also if I don't have coffee in the morning I get caffeine headaches which would down a horse lol

AAACK!!! --cathy

Scuba Trooper

when i want to genuinely enjoy coffee i drink it black w a coupla sweeteners, but when it's hot as hell and i have to interact with humans you bet your rear end i'm chugging some frothy poo poo loaded with as much caffeine as possible

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
aww yiss gimme da hot browns

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
take me to brown town all day

Scuba Trooper

gimme the sludge. the bean juice. i'm brownin out!!!

Chewbecca

Scuba Trooper posted:

AAACK!!! --cathy

See you on aha jokes dot com, where jokes aren't illegal

Scuba Trooper

Chewbecca posted:

See you on aha jokes dot com, where jokes aren't illegal

literallly me

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
:coffeepal: + :coffee: + :coffee: + :coffee: + :coffee: = :sludgepal:

Manifisto

this is the way

ty nesamdoom!

Scuba Trooper

i can feel the 'ffeine in my veins...but will it be enough...?

Manifisto

there is something to putting your coffee into a good thermal mug, you can take as long as you want during the day to consume it. I have been known to keep leftovers overnight and while I'm preparing the next day's batch I will take a few sips. it's essentially room temperature iced coffee, if the coffee is good (and I can really tell the difference) this stuff is actually quite delicious, even tho hot coffee/espresso is usually required in the morning.

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i had to stop drinking coffee as much as i wanted because my brain and heart started getting too fast... but i'm dipping my toes back in the bean water, hesitantly. just can't go back to drinking a couple liters a day.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Scuba Trooper

i try to keep it to one (1) french press jug a day (at home), which is still like 3-4 cups or so, but lately ive just been dragging and getting huge cuppas from the bucks across from work

Manifisto posted:

there is something to putting your coffee into a good thermal mug, you can take as long as you want during the day to consume it. I have been known to keep leftovers overnight and while I'm preparing the next day's batch I will take a few sips. it's essentially room temperature iced coffee, if the coffee is good (and I can really tell the difference) this stuff is actually quite delicious, even tho hot coffee/espresso is usually required in the morning.

ive got a knockoff yeti that's a) huge b) very insulated and it rules.

what coffees do y'all like? i will personally drink any old sludge but i am partial to stumptown varietals

xcheopis

I used to drink upwards of three pots a day back in the long ago but over the years have whittled that down to one 4-cup pot in the morning and then maybe tea or choc-covered coffee beans. You will not get me to quit coffee altogether (nor give up aged cheddar) unless doing so will instantly and irrevocably grant me the power to safely fuss the fluffy tummies of Pallas cats and gently pet their adorable ears and toes.

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Scuba Trooper posted:

what coffees do y'all like? i will personally drink any old sludge but i am partial to stumptown varietals

hot, brown, and within slurping distance of my face

Robot Made of Meat

Heather Papps posted:

i had to stop drinking coffee as much as i wanted because my brain and heart started getting too fast... but i'm dipping my toes back in the bean water, hesitantly. just can't go back to drinking a couple liters a day.

I had to give up drinking coffee at work because of my guts, not my brain. But at my last job it was just me and a whole pot of coffee every day. At my current job, there's coffee everywhere, so I can have one or two cups without guilt (or said gut issues).

Yay coffee!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Scuba Trooper

this reminds me that i should get coffee at the store after work

it will be the cheapest brand that is also whole bean

xcheopis

Scuba Trooper posted:

I used to be able to drink any kind but the cheap stuff started reacting badly with my intestines and so I switched to higher quality stuff (Peet's). But then Peet's was sold to a German conglomerate and I try to buy my groceries local, so I switched to Peerless (Costa Rican coffee gently caress yeah!) and occasionally others such as Bicycle coffee. It's been well worth it!

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i spent most of my life in england and almost never had good coffee. it's completely normal to drink instant coffee there, which is what i did. i'm now canadian and have since learned that instant coffee is gross and a crime against humanity, and i can't bear the thought of it any more. however, that means that even the shittest actual real ground coffee tastes like heaven to me. i'll drink literally any old poo poo and enjoy it. gimme a steaming mug of starbucks floor sweepings and i'll enjoy it.

Manifisto

Scuba Trooper posted:

I got a decent home roaster as a gift a few years ago after roasting for a few years with lesser devices. when I was roasting with it regularly I bought a lot of green coffees (which keep for a long time) via mail order and that all was very good. I drink espresso a decent amount and the espresso blend I bought was perfect for that. I also really like lightly roasted central american/island varietals, your panama and costa rica, but also stuff from indonesia and india and africa and such which I usually roast to a full city+ I would say, definitely not enough so that there's a deeply roasted charcoal flavor which you get in too much pre-roasted stuff. you get really cool flavors from lightly and freshly roasted beans, things like green apple and whatnot, I usually like the caramel-y notes but I appreciate the floral aspects of a lighter roast.

there is a roaster in this area whose stuff I like, Caribou Coffee, they don't over-roast their beans so their stuff is reliably good.

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Aug 3, 2022

ty nesamdoom!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
comffee

poverty goat

I had to really cut back in my 30s due to my guts. I drink 1 really strong 12oz cup of coffee in the morning and if I go past that my guts disapprove and my doctor tells me I'm prehypertensive. But it's just the coffee it turns out

Currently drinking sams club light roast because it's the only thing they sell that's not dark roast

Scuba Trooper

Manifisto posted:

there is a roaster in this area whose stuff I like, Caribou Coffee, they don't over-roast their beans so their stuff is reliably good.

I should find a local roaster :hmmyes:

bout to have the first cup of the day

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
I'm drinking coffee made from monks in a New Mexico monastery that my coworker brought and it's p tasty

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

google THIS

Sherbert Hoover posted:

I'm drinking coffee made from monks in a New Mexico monastery that my coworker brought and it's p tasty

Those poor monks :ohdear:

Finger Prince

There's a flavour profile in some posh coffees that I really like, but have a really hard time describing, and whenever I find a coffee that has it, I can almost never find that coffee again (or forget what it was). If I had to put words to it, I'd say it's a mouthfeel like you get from really good, nearly 50% cocoa milk chocolate, so there's a cocoa component, but not a bitter dark chocolate or cocoa nibs aspect. You could also say it's maybe nutty, like a hazelnut butter or something. But whenever I get a coffee that says it has notes if cocoa, milk chocolate, hazelnut or nuttiness, it tastes nothing like what I'm looking for.
I also like the really earthy dirt flavour you get from good Indian and some Sumatran coffee, but it's really hard to find and my partner doesn't like that kind at all, so I don't really look for it.
I don't like bright, cherry forward, sour stuff like a lot of Yirgacheffe, but they aren't all like that, I've had some lovely Ethiopian coffees. Just most roasters go for that style of Ethiopian. There's some amazing coffee you can get from Yemen.

Buttchocks

Sherbert Hoover posted:

Please tell me it's called Holy Grounds. :pray:

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

Buttchocks posted:

Please tell me it's called Holy Grounds. :pray:

dang that's good. alas, it is called Abbey Roast

Buttchocks

Sherbert Hoover posted:

dang that's good. alas, it is called Abbey Roast

hmm, that's ok, but do they have a blend called A Hint of Carmelite?

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
yeah but it's decath

Scuba Trooper

these puns are really grinding my beans!!!

cruft

Fun fact: :coffeepal: was from a cartoon that went with a poem I wrote for City of Glompton.

cruft

In hindsight, that fact wasn't actually very fun.

Anyway I cut myself off of coffee in around May and have stayed off it ever since. This is so, when winter rolls around and I get the sads, coffee will actually do something for me. Somebody in BYOB explained to me once that there's a name for this in the weed-smokin' community, but I already forgot what it was.

Khanstant
best part of waking up

Fart Dumbass

by Fluffdaddy
I drink at least 300 mg of caffeine a day i hope it doesn't kill me

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Buttchocks

gimme dat General Foods International coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Khanstant posted:

best part of waking up

ty nesamdoom!