Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
There's a lot of merit in looking for easier games, but my recommendation is just to play a game you like a little too much.

I have no idea how many hours I put into the game anymore, but I made it to stage 2-3 of DoDonPachi DaiOuJou White Label a few years ago and I'd love to get back to that point sometime!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

japtor posted:

Yeah ultimately the ideal is to find something that just clicks so you keep on playing. As for DDP DOJ, that should be pretty doable! I feel like once you get a feel for things, (the 5 stage) Cave games are actually pretty accessible through stage 3 before ramping things up significantly in both 4 and 5.

Once I dropped all pretense of scoring for stage 5 it mostly came down to good old fashioned u-shaped bullet herding; that goes for most Cave games in my experience. I should really just practice the loop in Black Label, the "one mistake and it's over" for stage 2-1 makes practicing anything harder than it should be.

All this Darius talk is making me want to get my PS2 out, Gaiden and G-Darius are some of my absolute favorites to credit feed!

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

beer gas canister posted:

Note that Crimzon Clover has an Arrange mode with a Gradius style upgrade system if you're into that. You can set it up to auto select the upgrades or do it manually

Is this new for the Switch port? That sounds awesome!

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

My 360 died, rest in peace :(
No more Mushi Futari for a while I guess, I wish it would get ported to Switch like Galuda 2.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

That makes me think of V.V, a vertical scrolling stg by Toaplan.

https://youtu.be/0XcUhwFC2FM

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Is Devil Engine still in that snafu where the publisher didn't pay the developer?

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Shine posted:

KMFDM sucks

For every good KMFDM song they have about 10 more songs

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Esp2 has novice modes for both regular and black label versions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

japtor posted:

I forget if Ketsui (...kizuna jigoku tachi) has an official English name but I've seen this one before which is probably my favorite ridiculous name/translation, but totally applicable:
Determination: Those who are bound to hell

Don't forget that the PS4 port is called "Deathtiny" lmao