Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
Here is the offending post as quoted by the local IK and my follow up, which is a much more incriminating lean into the initial shitpost.

I have to tell you all that I am a special kind of dumb rear end. I am ND and sometimes I just don't interpret things that probably seem obvious to others. Initially I thought the probe was about asking for filez. That didn't make sense but whatever, just a 6er. I did my usual thing and chatted at Seth to show that I didn't have any hard feelings over getting probed.

Seth via PM posted:

Fair enough. We just want to discourage people from saying "in minecraft" and like.... not meaning it in minecraft. These forums have a history, you know?

There are 2 things that I want to bring up here in QCS.

1) Non-specific language in the Punishment Reason

This is not the first time I've been late to learning exactly why something I said got a probe. Last year Genesplicer probed me twice for using the C word. I didn't figure it out until after the second probe. Neither Probation Reasons said anything about what I actually did and Gene mentioning that it was a repeat offense was my only clue to figuring out that there was a moratorium on "oval office".

Seth via my rapsheet posted:

Don't do this, and especially don't ask for stuff like this on the forums. I can't believe I even have to say it but there we are.
There is no information here that I can do anything with. Clearly I do not know better, and "knowing better" implies that I actually intended a threat of violence or really wanted people to tell me how to make drones and 3d printers. This reason doesn't even line up with the why Seth gave me in PMs.

Fact is that I still can't say with any certainty whether the probe was about file sharing or violence or "in-minecraft". I feel like that's a degree of importance above my personal feelings about a given probe.

2)No clear rule to reference

There's a rule about file sharing but I wouldn't trust anyone who read my shitpost and came away believing I was actually seeking clandestine information on a public forum.

There's a rule about not asking people to kill themselves. There's even a rule about calling people Pedos. If you don't want people implying violent action in a thread about a war of aggression then make it a rule.

If you don't want people using the euphemism "in-minecraft" in a specific thread, then make it a rule. Dumb bad jokes are central to GBS and if you want to phase one out then put it in writing and follow up on reinforcing it. There's precedent: "I'm gay".

If you don't want a hard fast rule on any of those things that's ok too. But it means that I was probed for making a dumb bad joke, in which case just say that instead. I'd be fine with that.

OK, well, that probably won't go anywhere but I guess it's better than making a post in GBS titled "C*** IN MINECRAFT" with a nice big untagged goatse.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Have you considered not using terrible language that everyone despises OP?

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
it looks to me like that poster was saying "I have a bunch of guns and weapons and I'm tired of not using them. can anyone send me information on how to combine these weapons with my drones, so that I can commit terrorist acts?" and you responded "I would also like to commit terrorist acts. pm me as well."

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
Tech Feature: highlight forbidden phrases in the post editor and autoban on clicking post

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

have you tried not making jokes if you dont understand them op

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Fart Dumbass posted:

it looks to me like that poster was saying "I have a bunch of guns and weapons and I'm tired of not using them. can anyone send me information on how to combine these weapons with my drones, so that I can commit terrorist acts?" and you responded "I would also like to commit terrorist acts. pm me as well."

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
"don't do this" is easily one of the top 5 dumbest probe reasons from mods who are too lazy to type an extra 3 or 4 words but this one is pretty clear cut and dry OP. you were very clearly not referring to actually playing the video game known as Minecraft and instead appear to be thinly veiling your desire to create homemade weaponry with a 3D printer/drone

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
yeah bud, my read of the original post was that they were soliciting information on how to build or modify civilian drones that deliver explosives, ie grenades. putting entirely aside the context of the thread, and i say that knowing you might object so please bear with me, there are some extremely major problems with proliferating that kind of information. i literally cannot think of a technology that is worse socially for the wider public to own than "diy predator drones".

we do not want people posting about making those, we do not want to encourage people making those? it's a totally crazy thing to post about frankly like we don't allow people to cutely talk about making pipe bombs for extremely compelling reasons, despite that information being widely available. we don't want to facilitate anything.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
But did you die?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

it's because unless these posts are tamped down the site will be in the news for a barky rat terrier being demolished by drone grenades in a few weeks.

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Fart Dumbass posted:

I just realized I got this wrong, I couldn't read the name in the first quote because it was small. didn't realize this was the op who made both of these posts. regardless, you requested info on how to commit terrorist acts using your weapons and drones collection. That's not a good idea. I hope this helps.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DiHK posted:

Here is the offending post as quoted by the local IK and my follow up, which is a much more incriminating lean into the initial shitpost.

I have to tell you all that I am a special kind of dumb rear end. I am ND and sometimes I just don't interpret things that probably seem obvious to others. Initially I thought the probe was about asking for filez. That didn't make sense but whatever, just a 6er. I did my usual thing and chatted at Seth to show that I didn't have any hard feelings over getting probed.

There are 2 things that I want to bring up here in QCS.

1) Non-specific language in the Punishment Reason

This is not the first time I've been late to learning exactly why something I said got a probe. Last year Genesplicer probed me twice for using the C word. I didn't figure it out until after the second probe. Neither Probation Reasons said anything about what I actually did and Gene mentioning that it was a repeat offense was my only clue to figuring out that there was a moratorium on "oval office".

There is no information here that I can do anything with. Clearly I do not know better, and "knowing better" implies that I actually intended a threat of violence or really wanted people to tell me how to make drones and 3d printers. This reason doesn't even line up with the why Seth gave me in PMs.

Fact is that I still can't say with any certainty whether the probe was about file sharing or violence or "in-minecraft". I feel like that's a degree of importance above my personal feelings about a given probe.

2)No clear rule to reference

There's a rule about file sharing but I wouldn't trust anyone who read my shitpost and came away believing I was actually seeking clandestine information on a public forum.

There's a rule about not asking people to kill themselves. There's even a rule about calling people Pedos. If you don't want people implying violent action in a thread about a war of aggression then make it a rule.

If you don't want people using the euphemism "in-minecraft" in a specific thread, then make it a rule. Dumb bad jokes are central to GBS and if you want to phase one out then put it in writing and follow up on reinforcing it. There's precedent: "I'm gay".

If you don't want a hard fast rule on any of those things that's ok too. But it means that I was probed for making a dumb bad joke, in which case just say that instead. I'd be fine with that.

OK, well, that probably won't go anywhere but I guess it's better than making a post in GBS titled "C*** IN MINECRAFT" with a nice big untagged goatse.

GBS mods have dishonoured the moderator family by not enumerating the rule violations in the probation reason

copy
Jul 26, 2007

lmfao

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Complaining about a day for a post your lucky not to be banned for.

Playing dice with the Devil my friend

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Harold Fjord posted:

Complaining about a day for a post your lucky not to be banned for.

Playing dice with the Devil my friend

if that post was in cspam it'd have been a permaban lol. and I doubt anyone would have disagreed with that.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the op of this thread never goes to the bathroom, only pisses in 2 liter bottles, which he stores in a closet next to his fridge.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i think a better reason might have been placeholder

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Why don't you 3d print some bitches.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

:rubby:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
the dude posting the poop pics in the chili thread has a wayy better case than the op tbqh

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

pog boyfriend posted:

the op of this thread never goes to the bathroom, only pisses in 2 liter bottles, which he stores in a closet next to his fridge.

OP this is info we should have been informed of when you made the thread. Shame on you for leaving the real investigation to others ITT.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Mnoba posted:

the dude posting the poop pics in the chili thread has a wayy better case than the op tbqh

you do NOT want to know what the op does with their poop...

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

CoolCab posted:

we do not want people posting about making those, we do not want to encourage people making those? it's a totally crazy thing to post about frankly like we don't allow people to cutely talk about making pipe bombs for extremely compelling reasons, despite that information being widely available. we don't want to facilitate anything.

And that's a fine policy, just don't say the above and then turn around and say it's actually all about this bad punch-line. And don't say "you should know better" because I thought I made the jokey part clear by asking how to build things that I could just go out and buy. I mean, poo poo dawg, I'm an American; If I wanna strap some tannerite to a small flying object for shits and giggles I know exactly how to find Wallmart and a Tractor Supply.

Fart Dumbass posted:

'Table top wargame" does not mean what you think it means.

Fart Dumbass posted:

if that post was in cspam it'd have been a permaban lol. and I doubt anyone would have disagreed with that.

Really? (nice user name post combo tho)

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
Ah, thanks for reminding us. Close CSPAM please.

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

that is in no way equivalent to asking people to dm you instructions on how to strap grenades to drones lol

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Fart Dumbass posted:

that is in no way equivalent to asking people to dm you instructions on how to strap grenades to drones lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
okay but also you know there's LITERALLY a rule that is "this is the rule for when you're wondering what the actual rule is"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Fart Dumbass posted:

Yeah this. I'm still getting caught up on all this, but a plain reading suggests that the poster in question was looking for information on how to modify commercial drones to allow them to deliver explosives. For the sake of the OP, I sincerely hope that when I read further into this that I find something else.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
OP are you really complaining that there isn't technically an explicit rule about terrorist conspiracy posts "in minecraft" or otherwise?

Are you appealing for a harsher punishment?

What exactly do you hope to get from this?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Wants to get instructions on building grenades, only gets a day and tacit approval from the IK anyway lmao GBS is a-okay

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I don't think you really thought this one through, OP.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

lol

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
really trying to understand the thought process behind this thread??

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Somewhere, some cows started getting real nervous

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

the funniest part about all this is the mods and iks playing along and going haha you know you arent allowed to say in minecraft you little rascal lmao. op nearly got away with it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DiHK posted:

And that's a fine policy, just don't say the above and then turn around and say it's actually all about this bad punch-line. And don't say "you should know better" because I thought I made the jokey part clear by asking how to build things that I could just go out and buy. I mean, poo poo dawg, I'm an American; If I wanna strap some tannerite to a small flying object for shits and giggles I know exactly how to find Wallmart and a Tractor Supply.

'Table top wargame" does not mean what you think it means.

Really? (nice user name post combo tho)

"I have the knowledge to make an artillery shell in my garage, so it's pretty silly to talk about industrial scale shortages of them in a developed nation" vs "Hello fellow weirdo could you please send me how to make an explosive drone I wish to do crimes with it because my steam library is getting boring" :thunk:

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

pog boyfriend posted:

the funniest part about all this is the mods and iks playing along and going haha you know you arent allowed to say in minecraft you little rascal lmao. op nearly got away with it

Yeah, gonna be having a conversation with some people about that one.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
ground floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

NGL, I thought this forum had outgrown idiots posting/requesting bomb instructions.