Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I want to play this modded Breath of the Wild game with some people, because it’s more fun when we explore and find things together!

I basically went through and combined a bunch of mods together using BCML which required installing python and merging load orders, and all that good stuff from Oblivion era modding, but I did it for Breath of the Wild. Why? Because I think I might actually enjoy modding games more than playing them. Like I download Jabbawock, install a 120gb modpack for Skyrim, launch it once and sigh satisfied.

I’m actually playing this one though, because modded Breath of the Wild is actually loving awesome. I ended up downloading Relics of the Ancient Past, and it literally adds or changes almost everything about the game except for geometry and shrines. I’ve been exploring the Great Plateau for about 30 minutes, and I have yet to stop finding new things. I also added crafting, spells, an airship, all sorts of stuff that I thought was cool.

I put a lot of effort into getting it to work, and then I kind of realized that there wasn’t anyone to share this unique experience with, so I threw all the files into a torrent, loaded it up on a seedbox, and now I have a single click plug and play file it’s about 50 gigs, 150k different files and it runs Breath of the Wild in 4k at 60 fps. It even has some of the Shaders for the beginning area, though I didn’t play much beyond testing stuff to make sure everything worked, and that a few areas that felt problematic wouldn’t be problematic. Everything seemed fine for the most part, this is because you can’t really merge mods, so everything of one mod overwrites everything of another.

I'm pretty sure linking to a torrent isn't files? If it is, I'll take this link down, and you can PM me or I'll throw it in a discord or something: https://www.mediafire.com/file/n9rc8r4mmt8o2n0/bobapearls_BotW_Modpack.torrent/file.

Make sure you don't have your controller plugged in when you start the emulator, plug it in after.

Here are the mods I put in:

Relics of the Past https://relicsofthepast.dev/about.html

quote:

Here are some notable changes(These are NOT ALL of the changes):

==You now start with 60 Weapons, 60 Bows and 60 Shield slots

==You no longer have to sit through the item notifications for first time pick up of materials. Its now treated as if you have collected them before

==THE PLATEAU STREAMLINE: This is Relics of the Past, If your playing this mod, it usually means you have experienced the full vanilla game and are a veteran. No more baby steps. We took it upon ourselves to make the start of the game a much smoother experience. ALL Old Man interactions have been removed. And you may now obtain the Paraglider immediately. However you still have to manually obtain your runes via getting the tower and the shrines.

==ALL DIVINE BEASTS HAVE BEEN REVAMPED: Each are their own unique tough challenge, Preparations are recommended before taking them on.

==HYRULE CASTLE OVERHAUL: Special thanks to SDarkMagic for putting in the grind to make this happen, Hyrule Castle is completely redone to include a series of challenges complimented by a New Custom Quest!

==ALL NEW SWORD TRIALS: Still having an easy time? Need a challenge that will test all of your wits, patience and sanity? Take on the Relics Revamped Sword Trials!
POST GAME CONTENT: You heard it! May have seen it too! There are some new custom quests that become available after defeating Ganon. And the reward? A legendary forgotten Relic of the Past, and a fan favorite bow!

==ADDED NEW GAME PLUS[Accessible in either Normal Mode or Master Mode]
With 90% of the map overhauled, Your sure to keep busy with grinding and exploration!

==ADDED TIPS FOR RELICS ON LOADING SCREEN
Standard Enemies; Bokoblins, Lizalfos and Moblins all have doubled HP. Black variant of each was given the vanilla silver enemy HP. THIS CHANGE WAS ADDED TO COMPLEMENT THE WEAPON SURPLUS IN RELICS.

EvenTide Island Revamped!
==New Game Plus: In Relics of the Past, one of the most dynamic aspects of the mod is the scaling rework. The scaling in Relics is designed to maintain difficulty even in the later part of the gameas well as make the rewards and drops far better. Late game is typically way more challenging and dynamic than the earlier part of the game. New Game Plus takes these late game attributes and starts you of with them at the beginning of the game. In this mode you will have all the hardest enemies complimented by the best drops and weapons. It makes for a crazy fun and challenging experience.

Play as Linkle! - https://gamebanana.com/mods/168235

quote:

I’m a woman, I want to play as a woman, this also gave me an IMMEDIATE way to tell if the mods were working! If you’re not a girl, something has gone wrong. I also downloaded various animations and fixes to get it to work with all the other mods

Apocalypse Spell Package https://gamebanana.com/mods/325462

quote:

Apocalypse Spell Package is a medium sized DLC project that aims to add roughly 105 unique, high quality, well balanced spells into BotW. The project is broken down into 9 waves, each one focused on a single element. The planned waves each include at least 10 spells, each one taking inspiration from other fantasy titles like Dark Souls, Skyrim, and Genshin Impact. Currently, the first 3 waves, Pyromancy, Cryomancy, and Electromancy, are in early development, and each one is slated to contain roughly 15 spells. The first 3 waves will have spells of all shapes and sizes, from fire breath to electro shields to summoning dead champions! Each wave is guaranteed to provide hours of unique gameplay and new ways to engage in combat. Plans for the next waves currently include Hydro, Geo, Dendro, Aero, Deio, and Entro (Corruption), each of which has tons of potential, but it's gonna take some imagination and ingenuity to implement. I hope you're as excited as I am to see how far this project can go! I'm open to suggestions (as a matter of fact, I'd really love to hear them), and I'd welcome any help from the community. Hope you enjoy

Airships -
What are the Airships? Airships are only available in master mode, because they are based off the floating octarock platforms that the DLC scatters around the world. Currently, they use the raft texture, so pairing Aerosophy with Survival of the Wild works remarkably well and turns the platforms into nice looking airships.

How Do I Fly the Airships? - The spells The Wind's Requiem, The Ballad of Gales, and Korok's Blessing, are absolutely essential for keeping your airship afloat. Korok's blessing is a portable wind current that will stabilize your ship, but not in turbulent conditions or if you're moving too fast. In those scenarios, it's best to use the Ballad of Gales to create a large updraft and slow down to steady your ship.

If you can't be bothered to seek the spells out, or if you've lost one of your favorites, head over the lab in Akaala to reclaim them for no cost. When the full release is complete, the spells will have real durability and recipes that will make use of Link's material hoarding, so enjoy the discount while you can!

Lylah’s Music Overhaul - https://gamebanana.com/mods/49554

quote:

Are you looking to enhance your Breath of the Wild playthrough with a fresh new experience that lacks a certain... something? No? Well read this page anyway!

There are many mods that physically or visually reimagine your experience in the game, but your aural experience is equally important, to which there are only a handful of mods that deal with them, in which there are still glitches, gaps, and limitations. Well look no further than here! This is a complete music overhaul that is tailor-made and designed to thoroughly give your playthrough a very satisfying boost with music and sounds hand-chosen by me and cherry-picked to perfectly complement the areas and events they're in. Not only do existing areas have new life to them, but areas that were lacking in vanilla have now been enriched with sweet, perfect music juice.

This mod should be FULLY COMPATIBLE with things like Linkle, Crafting, and other cosmetic mods since I haven't altered any files in Bootup or TitleBG.

Crafting Project - https://gamebanana.com/mods/192

quote:

This mod adds the following items:

Iron (Obtainable from mining rocks and Stone Talus)
Coal (Obtainable from mining rocks and Stone Talus)
Silver (Obtainable from mining rocks and Stone Talus)
Gold (Obtainable from mining rocks and Stone Talus)
Eldin Ore (Obtainable from mining rocks around Death Mountain
and Igneo Talus)
Steel (Obtainable by crafting, requires 1 Iron and 1 Coal)
Ancient Alloy (Obtainable by crafting, requires ancient materials)
Feather (Obtainable by hunting birds)
Broken Champion Weapons (Dropped on the floor after a champion's weapon breaks)

You can craft weapons at Anvils that have been placed on every stable and village.
Random Combos - https://gamebanana.com/mods/390167

quote:

Spears, One-Handed Swords, Two-Handed Swords now can perform Random Combos!
Around 10 differents animations will be randomly used each time you attack so you can create a huge variety of different combos.

Better Compass - https://gamebanana.com/mods/315136

quote:

This mod improves the compass to show Cardinal directions: N, S, W and E.

Early Master Cycle Zero - https://gamebanana.com/mods/49817

quote:

. I placed the MCZ in the only chest in Oman Au Shrine (Magnesis Trial). If you'd prefer it to be in a different shrine, ie one that is later so you feel a little less cheesy, let me know and I'll think about it.

Mad Master’d Motorcycle - https://gamebanana.com/mods/315391

quote:

Crank the Master Cycle up to 200! Reworks the Master Cycle's physics and parameters to take the Master Cycle to the next level. Enhanced mobility allows the MAD Master'd Cycle to CLIMB MOUNTAINS and TRAVERSE LAKES. Make the Master Cycle into the Divine Beast it was meant to be. There is a learning curve to the climbing but once mastered you will never climb a mountain on foot again.

Features:
Adjusted Weights & Physics
Better Acceleration & Handling
Infinite Wheelie Time
Better Wheelie Control
No Jump Cooldown
Better Jump Control
Enhanced Drifting Speed & Control
Eliminated Low Speed Crashes
Full Tank Lasts 30 Minutes
Faster Cycle Spawn Animation
Ride Sooner After Getting On
Added Buoyancy to Cross Water
Drive In The Lost Woods
Reduce Cycle Despawning
LOUDER Motor Sounds
Higher Motorcycle Ram Damage
Plus More!

Horse Tweaks and Particles - https://gamebanana.com/mods/49823

quote:

Lord of the Mountain [Model swap] [Registrable at stables] [5 star speed boost (Fastest type)] [Can be equipped with saddles and bridles] [Initial soothe number increased from 40 to 300 (yes, i'm an rear end)]
Lord of the Mountain's model swap is set in stone, this is the only horse model (apart from large horses' model) the game will accept without deep tweaking. As it stands, i lack the necessary knowledge required to do something about it at the moment (trust me, i tried). So it's either a generic horse model, or you're greeted with a crash window whenever the bloke is registered at a stable, and if you manage to bypass that -- a crash window when he is taken out.
Cooking Pot From Wood - https://gamebanana.com/mods/49782

quote:

This does exactly what the title says, when you hit a wood bundle with fire, instead of making a campfire, you will make a cooking pot!
DtgA Re - Tactical Action Extension https://gamebanana.com/mods/390172

quote:

Well, we can trigger any animation in Link's repertoire. We can trigger any existing action in his AI Program, provided that we know what we're doing. First, I tried to activate some attack animations- the only one that worked as intended was the dodge. So, I scoured the AI Program for viable actions. There were only a handful that would really function when called via the event system- namely jumping, shield surfing, and a few others.

This was enough for me, but I'm sure there are more just waiting to be discovered. For now, the following actions have been added to Link's moveset:

Double Jump-
Perform this action by pressing both A+X simultaneously. Be mindful, it has a 4 second cooldown.

Air Dash-
Perform this action by pressing both X+Y simultaneously.

Unlocked Dodge-
Perform this action by pressing both A+B simultaneously.

Mipha Jump-
Perform this action by pressing both Z buttons and A simultaneously. Link must be at least halfway submerged in water to perform this action.

Additional Features-
Shield surfing tricks can be performed by pressing left or right on the stick while jumping. The front flip from wild running is used for the double jump. Jumping to the side or back and attacking with large swords or spears will trigger flurry rush, regardless of timing.

Boba Pearl fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I had zero idea BotW had such an active modding scene, though I suppose it's not that surprising given how apparently easy it is to emulate the Switch!
This isn't likely something I'll play through myself but just wanted to chime in and say I appreciate the work you've done collating all this and I'm super curious to follow along and see people's playthroughs/experiences.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Mode 7 posted:

I had zero idea BotW had such an active modding scene, though I suppose it's not that surprising given how apparently easy it is to emulate the Switch!
This isn't likely something I'll play through myself but just wanted to chime in and say I appreciate the work you've done collating all this and I'm super curious to follow along and see people's playthroughs/experiences.

I found out completely by accident, I had heard about a crafting mod from a friend who swore by it, so I loaded it up, and found out their modding site had thousands and thousands of mods.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I got the torrent to work!

https://www.mediafire.com/file/n9rc8r4mmt8o2n0/bobapearls_BotW_Modpack.torrent/file

TwoDice
Feb 11, 2005
Not one, two.
Grimey Drawer
This seems sick, I'll give it a download after work.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
FYI if you do give it a spin please reseed. It currently only has 1 (1) seed and 0 (2) peers.

I'll seed it if it ever finishes though.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

FYI if you do give it a spin please reseed. It currently only has 1 (1) seed and 0 (2) peers.

I'll seed it if it ever finishes though.

I do have it on my seed box, which should have up to 50 up, though I better make sure I didn't ratio it.

e: gently caress I had the ratio on, so it stopped at 2:1, it's fixed now.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

downloading, definitely excited to try this! I've played the poo poo out of botw so im really interested to see the changes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Some people have the pack now, but I forgot something, make sure you change the game location, here's mine

Change that to the USB Helper Extracted where ever you extracted the Cemu folder.