Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

The ticket prices are expensive and the sales will pick up once punk is announced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Ganso Bomb posted:

Same. Plus while Canada is an untapped market, are the markets they’re going to known for good houses? Ticket sales might jump up a bit once it’s more clear what quality of show people can expect.

This is why it's surprising that they're STILL not coming to Vancouver. We have an insane market for wrestling here. There are like 7 or 8 indies and nearly all of them sell out regularly.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Bonk posted:

This is why it's surprising that they're STILL not coming to Vancouver. We have an insane market for wrestling here. There are like 7 or 8 indies and nearly all of them sell out regularly.

I’m bitter there’s no Montreal show yet. We don’t live in Canada but Montreal is only like an hour and change away so we’re dying for an AEW show we can make a little trip out of. Had the sweet life when we were living in Austin!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

The ticket prices are expensive and the sales will pick up once punk is announced.

Mmmhm.

Bonk posted:

I dunno what you expect when Jinder isn't a free agent for another year.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Gotta save Van city for Kyle's return.

I can say from my limited polling among people I know, folks are still peeved that they could have gotten tickets to the Toronto Rampage for literally five dollars or less last fall and are waiting to see if that happens again. I doubt they'll go quite that low but I don't see them selling out the Scotia with or without Punk. Same with the Hamilton show.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

IcePhoenix posted:

Considering the state of rampage I don't blame people for being wary

They're really going to have to load these shows up to get over the stigma of it being another weekend B show. I'm not sure they can for reasons both in and outside their control. This is even without the average fan being aware of a potential brand split.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

They're really going to have to load these shows up to get over the stigma of it being another weekend B show. I'm not sure they can for reasons both in and outside their control. This is even without the average fan being aware of a potential brand split.

That's assuming that the brand split isn't acknowledged in kayfabe which doesn't seem like it'll be the case.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pylons posted:

That's assuming that the brand split isn't acknowledged in kayfabe which doesn't seem like it'll be the case.

I really hope it isn't.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

I really hope it isn't.

You'll get over it.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

People aren't yet eager to see the Collision Malcontents?

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

MJeff posted:

Mmmhm.

I dunno what you expect when Jinder isn't a free agent for another year.

Punk seems to be actively trying to sabotage AEW so....

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Is there a place to watch AEW from the beginning?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Mr Hootington posted:

Is there a place to watch AEW from the beginning?

TNT app? Or if you're outside the US, Fite, I guess.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

MJeff posted:

TNT app? Or if you're outside the US, Fite, I guess.

Just checked and they only have the last 5 episodes. Oh well. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 16:20 on May 24, 2023

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Mr Hootington posted:

Just checked and they only have the last 5 episodes. Oh well. Thank you for the suggestion.

Fite tv has everything except the old papes for less than ten bucks a month. Just need a VPN to route you to England or Australia (might need some finagling, they don't want you to do this). You also don't get commercials. PiP is full screen with commentary. Lower quality though, framerate is not as good as cable

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

The Taxman posted:

Fite tv has everything except the old papes for less than ten bucks a month. Just need a VPN to route you to England or Australia (might need some finagling, they don't want you to do this). You also don't get commercials. PiP is full screen with commentary. Lower quality though, framerate is not as good as cable

It's worth it for the banter during pip

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

The Taxman posted:

So this works for live Dynamites/Rampages/Collisions? Do you have to sign up for Fite while on the VPN or if I have a Fite account/subscription can I just VPN it on the day? Been wanting to ditch Youtube TV for a while now but wasn't sure how all this worked.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
AEW Plus is a separate subscription on Fite, but yes, it gets you the live shows. I'm actually in the UK, so not sure how it works to VPN it.

We're not sure about Collision, but hopefully it'd be on there

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

apophenium posted:

So this works for live Dynamites/Rampages/Collisions? Do you have to sign up for Fite while on the VPN or if I have a Fite account/subscription can I just VPN it on the day? Been wanting to ditch Youtube TV for a while now but wasn't sure how all this worked.
Yes you can watch live Dynapagelision, but the VPN has to be on the whole time. You also get very discounted ppvs (about half price) when you're subbed and you buy them with the vpn on.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Holy moly I didn't realize it was that easy! :tipshat: I guess I'll make sure it works all right with the free trial for the upcoming Rampage. I know VPNs slow things down and streaming video is kinda intense.

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yes you can watch live Dynapagelision, but the VPN has to be on the whole time. You also get very discounted ppvs (about half price) when you're subbed and you buy them with the vpn on.

I had to start killing my VPN once the stream was going to keep it from running like crap, and it works fine as long as you let it get all loaded up and running. Just make sure you only visit the site under the VPN.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

FWIW I use ExpressVPN and it's fine. I use it on my (Android) phone, my windows HTPC, Nvidia Shield and all of them work fine with the VPN. I haven't had any connection or streaming issues.

FYI if you buy a ppv with the VPN, you don't actually need the vpn on to watch that ppv. You do for the weekly shows though.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

apophenium posted:

Holy moly I didn't realize it was that easy! :tipshat: I guess I'll make sure it works all right with the free trial for the upcoming Rampage. I know VPNs slow things down and streaming video is kinda intense.

To get around VPN slowness, I ended up setting up my router so that I could enable the VPN there. Once I'm playing the show, I can turn the VPN back off again. This was also more reliable for me than turning the VPN on at the device level (like a Firestick or my TV).

flashy_mcflash posted:

FYI if you buy a ppv with the VPN, you don't actually need the vpn on to watch that ppv. You do for the weekly shows though.

I've never had luck with that. Anything I purchase on the VPN only shows up if I have the VPN on :shrug:

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?

Ganso Bomb posted:

I've never had luck with that. Anything I purchase on the VPN only shows up if I have the VPN on :shrug:

This is my experience if I try to go back and watch a purchased PPV, however during the live airing once the stream starts I can turn my VPN off and the stream will continue uninterrupted

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ibexaz posted:

This is my experience if I try to go back and watch a purchased PPV, however during the live airing once the stream starts I can turn my VPN off and the stream will continue uninterrupted

Yeah, that's what I do as well – VPN on, start the PPV, VPN off. But I always have to turn it on at first to at least see those purchases, either for past shows or a live one.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ibexaz posted:

This has never worked for me. I dunno, maybe that's a quirk of Express VPN though I assumed they all work the same.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

drat I can't believe nobody cared about CAWderick Strong who could have ever seen this coming

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

IcePhoenix posted:

drat I can't believe nobody cared about CAWderick Strong who could have ever seen this coming

Two ad breaks.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
People saw Mercedes Mone (9:39 pm) and turned off their TVs.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom

Kennel posted:

People saw Mercedes Mone (9:39 pm) and turned off their TVs.

Because they knew the show could only go downhill from that highest of highs.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Guessing a lot of that drop is the insane Vanderpump number. They rule.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Vander pumped.
Mercedes dumped.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Give us the Vanderpump quarters, Thurston.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know what the ratings are typically for collision’s time slot?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well, as you can see here, here, last Saturday, the NHL playoffs on TNT at 8:01 PM did a .46 and 1.6 million viewers, so we can safely extrapolate anything less than that is a miserable failure.

(I will poke around Showbuzz a bit and come up with a real answer)

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RandolphCarter posted:

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know what the ratings are typically for collision’s time slot?

When TNT isn't airing sports it is just movies so unless WWE sends Alfred some detailed non-original programming breakdown it's very hard to tell. But the highest non sports show on Saturday is typically On Patrol with like a .15 and I think the last UFC prelims did a .32 for a closer comp. If they are doing above a .2 regularly I'm sure it's a big win.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For context, the first non sports thing I could find most Saturdays at 8 PM was a Hallmark original movie pulling a .13.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

When TNT isn't airing sports it is just movies so unless WWE sends Alfred some detailed non-original programming breakdown it's very hard to tell. But the highest non sports show on Saturday is typically On Patrol with like a .15 and I think the last UFC prelims did a .32 for a closer comp. If they are doing above a .2 regularly I'm sure it's a big win.

MJeff posted:

For context, the first non sports thing I could find most Saturdays at 8 PM was a Hallmark original movie pulling a .13.

Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivazomo
Nov 4, 2010
This website lists the top 200 cable reruns for each week going back almost a full year:

https://www.spoilertv.com/2023/03/top-200-cable-reruns-week-ending-26th_01243089880.html

Recent ratings for the Collision timeslot:

May 13th: 0.14, 630k
May 6th & April 29th: Sports
April 22nd: 0.13, 443k
April 15th: 0.11, 475k
April 8th: 0.12, 562k