Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
thanks friend, regarding your comment about wonderful sounds, i took a couple of minute-long videos to loop into peaceful ocean sounds sometime when i have internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

did all i'd planned to do already this morning; no other plans yet except the usual get stoned & play video games

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 35 minutes!
vacation update: not real sure i care for all dressed chips

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

they're overrated imo, if you happened to go into a hipster shop and see covered bridge potato chips though they're pretty legit

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

get me some chips, some all dressed up or some zesty mordant

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

today i walked into the sea and found thousands and thousands of tiny fish

they looped around me and i was in a fish-free circle of water about two feet in diameter, with fish on every side

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

mediaphage posted:

hoping the cloud cover clears up to see some stars / meteors / galactic plane

mediaphage posted:

today i walked into the sea and found thousands and thousands of tiny fish

they looped around me and i was in a fish-free circle of water about two feet in diameter, with fish on every side

these are beautiful

do you have lightroom on your iphone? it does hdr stacking too (not well imo) but i'd be interested to see how it does with those clouds

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor posted:

wine being poured into a glass of ice cubes? I say no.

ftfy

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

hdr photography is poop

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation

my dad was a huge wine snob but a year into living in the tropics and he was putting ice in his wine on the regular

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Bloody posted:

hdr photography is poop

automated hdr is poop

otherwise 95% of what i posted in YCIAPOS is also poop :ohdear:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

these are beautiful

do you have lightroom on your iphone? it does hdr stacking too (not well imo) but i'd be interested to see how it does with those clouds

thanks friend, it always feels like cheating to take a picture of something beautiful since it does all of the work, lol.

honestly i don't really enjoy photo editing on my phone, i like the flexibility offered by desktop. though i don't spend much time doing much on personal photos these days aside from ones i print since i don't really post them anywhere.

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Aug 6, 2022

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

they're overrated imo, if you happened to go into a hipster shop and see covered bridge potato chips though they're pretty legit
covered bridge storm chips are tip top :yum:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation

Kenny Logins posted:

ill keep my eyes open for these

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Kenny Logins posted:

i actually had storm chips first but i deleted it for being too niche lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mediaphage posted:

thanks friend, it always feels like cheating to take a picture of something beautiful since it does all of the work, lol.

honestly i don't really enjoy photo editing on my phone, i like the flexibility offered by desktop. honestly though i don't spend much time doing much on personal photos these days aside from ones i print since i don't really post them anywhere.

oh don't get me wrong it's an awful experience, it's just handy to have a color managed oled sometimes

i'm talking about the camera functionality in lightroom anyway, it automatically stacks exposure then does some cloud processing or some poo poo

you should post some in YCIAPOS, i've been popping some of my non-work stuff there and i remember lots of your older stuff being great too

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

ill keep my eyes open for these

it would be hilarious if you found them but i don't think they're being made atm. it was kind of a joke since a maritime newscaster made a comment about people buying winter storm essentials and included potato chips on the list. it's a mix of different flavours in a single bag and it totally works lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

oh don't get me wrong it's an awful experience, it's just handy to have a color managed oled sometimes

i'm talking about the camera functionality in lightroom anyway, it automatically stacks exposure then does some cloud processing or some poo poo

you should post some in YCIAPOS, i've been popping some of my non-work stuff there and i remember lots of your older stuff being great too

LCD! only iphone 8, i get my spouses old hand-me-downs lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

mediaphage posted:

LCD! only iphone 8, i get my spouses old hand-me-downs lol

lol this is why i keep us on the same cycle :twisted:

mostly though its because she'd kill me if i had a better phone than her. jerkstore nerd :argh:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

today i went to a beach. it is in fact the beach where i experienced the fish post earlier

the water was crystal clear and extremely warm

i am brushing my teeth with brook water (apparently the tap here is just...brook water)

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

tonight there was a pretty good sunset on the water across the road. the thick band touching the top of the trees was actually a vivid span of blue sky. the water was a very pleasant shade of purple

unfortunately, it looks like the heat wave will keep the clouds in place tonight, preventing any good viewing of the night sky. i hope you all had a beautiful night tonight, friends.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i worked a 17 hour and 14 hour day this week and i am beat.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
same

Beeftweeter posted:

tonight i'm getting super hosed up on multiple drugs with my wife and might occasionally post

sex drugs and rock n roll

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Midjack posted:

i worked a 17 hour and 14 hour day this week and i am beat.

u deserve 2 rest

mediaphage posted:

tonight there was a pretty good sunset on the water across the road. the thick band touching the top of the trees was actually a vivid span of blue sky. the water was a very pleasant shade of purple

unfortunately, it looks like the heat wave will keep the clouds in place tonight, preventing any good viewing of the night sky. i hope you all had a beautiful night tonight, friends.

absolutely glorious

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

it's mostly msg

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

all dressed is just factory floor sweepins

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

it would be hilarious if you found them but i don't think they're being made atm. it was kind of a joke since a maritime newscaster made a comment about people buying winter storm essentials and included potato chips on the list. it's a mix of different flavours in a single bag and it totally works lol
yeah it's dill pickle, ketchup, salt and vinegar and bbq chips all mixed together. the flavors mingle but each is still distinct. they're great

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
relieving my trauma of having to drive a bunch of places in the evening with the sun gone down and me left with only my prescription sunglasses because I didn't expect to be out past 9 lol with a 2 scoop of gelato, a shot of bourbon on the rocks in my new whiskey glass, and the new Predator movie

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
cool

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my gf got back from new york after 2.5 weeks but she’s got the spicy flu so she’s in isolation so I can’t see her it’s bogus as heck

and independent I’ve been a depressed sad sack today so tonight I might get a box of easy to drink japanese style beer and drink it and do cringe things on social media

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm grillin

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It's cheese time

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

PokeJoe posted:

It's cheese time

holy gently caress

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

PokeJoe posted:

It's cheese time

grill me a cheese

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
halloumi?

it’s good

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

echinopsis posted:

halloumi?

it’s good

hell yeah brother

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i took today off and fell asleep way before the weekend thread was put up.. but i'm glad it's here

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
grilled cheese is so great

put a wheel of brie in there and brother thats livin

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

big fan of havarti and a dash of olive oil in sourdough for grilled cheese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/and_dads_car__/status/1555841115680641025?s=21&t=j_-JzIcCCcHwcV0CajBhxA