Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
i don't wanna bump the birthday thread but thanks again all we had lots of fun last night :wiggle: today i think is gonna be another solid nothing day because its so goddamn hot out already and its only 9 am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
today is going to be spent driving to edmunston

yesterday it was so hot it felt like the air itself was a different colour. the ocean breeze at night has been more than a little brisk to make up for it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

mediaphage posted:

today is going to be spent driving to edmunston

yesterday it was so hot it felt like the air itself was a different colour. the ocean breeze at night has been more than a little brisk to make up for it.
if you have the time/inclination, there's a truck stop just outside edmundston with a restaurant stall called "le pirate de la mer" with a truly excellent lobster roll. worth trying but like all lobster rolls, pricey these days

it's on tripadvisor and google/apple maps too i think

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i have not had the lobster roll for like 6 years but i was up there earlier this year on business and everyone said they're still good

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

i'm so glad i don't have to do interprovincial travel for work anymore lol

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol pretty sure that’s the spot in the grey rock truck stop. we stop there every time we drive to nb. it’s so handy!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

mediaphage posted:

lol pretty sure that’s the spot in the grey rock truck stop. we stop there every time we drive to nb. it’s so handy!
bingo bango, that's the one. yeah perfect for a quick stop without having to go into town

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

today and tomorrow are going to be roasting :negative:

guess it's another indoors weekend

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I have to vacate my home for 3 hours today while the ducting gets worked on

Silver Alicorn fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Aug 6, 2022

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

babysitting my 4yo nephew while his parents are out house hunting. we had a nice morning at the park and then on the way home he had a colossal meltdown because my gf wouldn't let him eat half an ice cream he saw on the floor

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i finally took the time to try out a ai generator (wont post obv) but midjourney is all carried out through discord and there is a dude in here who is using a hyper advanced ai to literally just generate pictures of "a cute girl" or "cute girl short hair" and i think i have a new world record for most basic person on earth*

* the previous holder was a teen i saw in the computer lab in college who was voluntarily watching purse advertisements on youtube, like literally seeking out recording of advertisements and watching them on purpose. haunts me to this day.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

@k cho, leveraging hundreds of years of technical advancement and untold amounts of compute power, posted:

beauty girl she smile and she have shot hair

HamAdams
Jun 29, 2018

yospos

Sweevo posted:

babysitting my 4yo nephew while his parents are out house hunting. we had a nice morning at the park and then on the way home he had a colossal meltdown because my gf wouldn't let him eat half an ice cream he saw on the floor

i’m with nephew, gf sounds like the fun police

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

plan is to burg, feed hobo cats then watch everything everywhere all at once

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm already in a nap mood, what a good weekend

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
How does the Pontiff dry off?
Papal towel!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

current mood: chilllllllllllll

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

c weekend s: gettin pedicures

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

drinking a nice beer

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

slept in a bit and had nice breakfast, then did a couple of hours running in the mountains. some friends in a nearby village are renovating a farmhouse to be a kind of mountain biking B&B, they cooked dinner which was great.

It's cool this evening and I've lit a fire. It's pretty hot in the city but great température up here.

Going to do a bit more training tomorrow morning and then clean the place up ready for a bunch of visitors in the next few weeks.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
absolutely fuckin glorious

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

absolutely fuckin glorious

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
gettin ready to head home tomorrow, bought a big bag of cured meats, hope customs doesn't find it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

gettin ready to head home tomorrow, bought a big bag of cured meats, hope customs doesn't find it

yea gently caress the man

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

rotor posted:

good luck with your illicit meat

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

aw frig aw dang it posted:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
mods please rename me “International Meat Criminal” plz & thx

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
drove out into the desert, back at my apartment now

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
you've been hit by
a meat criminal

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i went to the mural festival and checked out some cool art. turns out the seedy motel by my place has been converted into an artist studio space, which is pretty cool. currently having a "french 69" (which is what i call a french 75 with lime instead of lemon)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:hf:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

played twilight imperium for a friend's surprise birthday party and we managed to complete it. 8 hours start to finish for 7 players. not sure how often i'm gonna be up for that again.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

if you were still a teenager, you could probably do it every single day for a few years

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I like the idea of Twilight Imperium but uhhh, the one time I played Arkham Horror it lasted like 3 hours and it was completely miserable, I'm skeptical any board game is fun for a 6-8 hour period

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
uno is pretty fun

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

ticket to ride and scythe are probably nearing my upper limits for time spent in a board game

for tabletop rpgs such as d20 or GURPS, i could probably play all night

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
xpostin here because its pretty weekend

best buy has apple music and news+ free for 6 months and apple tv+ (returning + new) and fitness (new members only) free for 3 https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/applesubscriptions

music and tv+ work on android or web, btw

e: lol got the time periods wrong. fwiw i find apple news+ to be great (although i don't like the ipados 16 redesign) and apple music is good enough if you don't use something else already. tv+ has some great-to-good shows too but a lot of it is crap

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

dioxazine posted:

GURPS, i could probably play all night

gurps keep me up sometimes too :smith: