Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Shard posted:

If you ever see a Merc named Jai in pvp that's me. I also like to try to keep my pvp chat light. I've kinda taken it on me to keep the toxicity down. I can't stand folks who lose and then go man this entire team sucks. I've been told to kill myself at one point. And they yell at anyone with gear under 324. And I'm just like dude did you even try to explain it? Also it's just a loving game why are you so mad
When I was doing PVP for the seasons stuff or to make the weekly guild rewards that I have forgotten the name of I'd say "hey I suck at this but need to play X games to hit goal. Feel free to drop now and complain to the devs" and either get some lols in response or get some racial slurs thrown at me before the person dropped. Good times :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

I simply turn off chat in every video game I play now. Works great

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Shard posted:

If you ever see a Merc named Jai in pvp that's me. I also like to try to keep my pvp chat light. I've kinda taken it on me to keep the toxicity down. I can't stand folks who lose and then go man this entire team sucks. I've been told to kill myself at one point. And they yell at anyone with gear under 324. And I'm just like dude did you even try to explain it? Also it's just a loving game why are you so mad

i once had someone find me on fleet chat after a match and say "get some gear old man, and gently caress your legendary title" as though either of those were a source of pride for me, or as if i weren't standing in front of the pvp gear vendor at the time (i was)

turning off chat helps but every now and then someone actually uses it to call out objectives but then again if you're playing unranked and you care if you win or lose, you have already lost

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Ainsley McTree posted:

if you're playing unranked and you care if you win or lose, you have already lost
Well, there's no longer ranked PvP, so obviously now every match is the most important thing ever

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

i once had someone find me on fleet chat after a match and say "get some gear old man, and gently caress your legendary title" as though either of those were a source of pride for me, or as if i weren't standing in front of the pvp gear vendor at the time (i was)

turning off chat helps but every now and then someone actually uses it to call out objectives but then again if you're playing unranked and you care if you win or lose, you have already lost

I mean, you're the dude who died in not one but TWO doors in the same raid so you probably deserved it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

No one deserves harassments from strangers on a swtor pvp match.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

I mean, you're the dude who died in not one but TWO doors in the same raid so you probably deserved it.

Do you remember how long ago that was?

Try not to think about it too hard. It hurts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Do you remember how long ago that was?

Try not to think about it too hard. It hurts.

2014ish. During the 2.0 era. Back before you guys all said "Okay we're gonna take the next few weeks off and then we'll be back when 3.0 launches" and then you abandoned me

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
That tracks. I apparently started FF14 in August 2014.

I'll come back to play when Humdrum, Savaara, and Arsit show back up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

That tracks. I apparently started FF14 in August 2014.

I'll come back to play when Humdrum, Savaara, and Arsit show back up.

All have abandoned us.

Though it should be noted I don't play anymore either save for a couple hours here and there while on conference calls so that doesn't count

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Shard posted:

No one deserves harassments from strangers on a swtor pvp match.

I agree. My 8-man premade purposefully doesn't cap nodes to drag out matches as long as possible while farming hundreds of kills and suddenly I'm the bad guy. :(

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

correct; you suck poo poo

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yeah that's p fuckedu p

You shouldn't 'farm kills' with an unfair advantage that's pretty hosed up

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

So, update 7.2.1 is dropping this Tuesday and is at the very least bringing us PvP Season 2 and the 64-bit client. Little unclear yet if (as previously indicated/expected) this will also coincide with the start of Galactic Season 4 and make available the new Mek-Sha stronghold, however. Patch notes will available here come Monday, as always.

In any event, things have been tweaked a bit for PvP Season 2:

quote:

First up, we’re making slight changes to how Attacker and Defender medals are earned in a match. We are aiming to improve the quality of matches by encouraging players to play for the objective and play to win. Currently, these adjustments will only be deployed on the most popular map, the Alderaan Warzone, but we intend to roll out these changes to all the maps over time. Here are the details:

• Defender points per tick have been increased to 700 points per tick (up from 500 points per tick).
  • Turret Control Zones have been increased.
  • When within the control zones of a turret controlled by the player’s team, they will receive 500 defender points when defeating a player.
  • When within the control zones of a turret controlled by the opposing team, players will receive 500 attacker points for every player they defeat.

You can find more information about these changes in our forum post (only available in English).

To allow players to focus on different PvP tasks, we’ve also reduced the requirements for the Arena Advocator and Warzone Warrior Achievements from 25 weekly completions to 12.

Like last season, players will still earn PvP Points by playing and completing PvP content. These points will be based on three criteria:

• Types of match
  • Win/Loss
  • Amount of medals earned during the match. The amount of medals has been adjusted to improve the completion of the season:
    • To receive full credit for the match, players now only need to get 7 medals instead of 8.
    • The associated objectives that referenced 8 medals now only require 7 as well.
More importantly, if you do enough PvP they'll let you become a space samurai:

:piss:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Time to fire it back up!!! Patch sounds awesome.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
Do you have to sub to be able to play legacy of the sith content? I haven't played since about the time it dropped but I don't think I played it just hosed around with combat styles on alts. I have a 75 jedi knight that doesn't have any story quests and nothing available to pick up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Elblanco posted:

Do you have to sub to be able to play legacy of the sith content? I haven't played since about the time it dropped but I don't think I played it just hosed around with combat styles on alts. I have a 75 jedi knight that doesn't have any story quests and nothing available to pick up.

You have to have subbed once since it came out last February.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
That was it thank you!

sad question
May 30, 2020

Is the 64-bit client supposed to improve performance somewhat?

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

It better, it’s got double the bits

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

:siren: 7.2.1 patch notes are up! :siren:

Looks like meat weekly grinding's indeed back on the menu, everyone!

quote:

• PvP Season 2 - PvP Season 2 “Piercing the Veil” will begin March 28th! Learn more about the changes on PvP medals and new rewards in this article: PvP Season 2 “Piercing the Veil.
  • Galactic Season 4 - The new Galactic Season 4: “A Passage of Peace” begins with Game Update 7.2.1. In this new season, players are joined by Amity, a Force user on a pilgrimage, to progress through the Messengers of the Cold Moon reputation track and earn new rewards such as the brand new Mek-Sha Hideout Stronghold!
  • Credit Economy Initiative - Our team implemented the first changes to correct some of our economic inflation. More details in this forum post.
  • 64-bit Game Client - The new 64-bit game client will be available to all players.
Anyway supposedly the 64-bit client should help because it lets your PC dedicate more than 4GB of RAM to SWTOR, but I haven't read up on whether the effect's actually noticeable in practice. Guess we can all find out for ourselves tomorrow.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Looks quite nice.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
After the update how do we switch to the 64 bit client? Or is that just default now.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Elblanco posted:

After the update how do we switch to the 64 bit client? Or is that just default now.

There will be a massive download (30+ gigs) and then it'll be default

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
31 gig update holy poo poo

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

While we wait for the servers to come back online (which apparently might take a little while yet), here's the full nitty-gritty on Galactic Seasons 4. Get a load of this flippin' paintjob:

:getin: to my fly as heck car

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Sombrerotron posted:

While we wait for the servers to come back online (which apparently might take a little while yet), here's the full nitty-gritty on Galactic Seasons 4. Get a load of this flippin' paintjob:

My NS Stronghold is quickly becoming a car museum

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sombrerotron posted:

gently caress i want this

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

gently caress i want this
Well the servers are online again so hop to it

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
People going ape poo poo over quick travel costing credits, me having to create alts cause I'm pushing against the 100 billion Legacy credit cap.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

I didn't know swtor was doing an F-zero crossover event

sad question
May 30, 2020

On one hand people are really melting down about quick travel costs. On the second hand, it's amusing to load into fleet and see everyone ranting about taxing the rich instead of the poor.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I didn't know that quick travel didn't already cost credits :shrug:

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

sad question posted:

On one hand people are really melting down about quick travel costs. On the second hand, it's amusing to load into fleet and see everyone ranting about taxing the rich instead of the poor.

Like most things ToR it’s just idiotically implemented on the first pass i.e. starter planets costing the same as endgame planets.

Edit: also lmao at quick travel still being bugged on Ruhnuk so that it drops you in the spot you traveled from and still charges you.

DrunkenGarbageCan fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 29, 2023

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I don't think there is a way to remove the billions upon billions of credits that exist within the game

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Edit: also lmao at quick travel still being bugged on Ruhnuk so that it drops you in the spot you traveled from and still charges you.
It's a feature, not a bug.

Spudd posted:

I don't think there is a way to remove the billions upon billions of credits that exist within the game
Sure there is, just write a script that deletes all a character's credits over 1,000,000.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

So I've been playing sage on a preferred F2P account, mostly as balance but sometimes TK, and as I've gotten to about level 32 and on to Tatooine I'm starting to get my rear end kicked by everything. Companions set as tanks are doing a poor job holding threat and having a hard time keeping me up as healers. Is this just the sage experience or is this atypical?

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Spudd posted:

They need some massive credit sinks, wow used mounts and the black market auction house but I don't think that helped a ton.

Preechr
May 19, 2009

Proud member of the Pony-Brony Alliance for Obama as President
Make reusable dyes that bind on pickup and cost 500 million credits each. Make reusable dyes in popular colors that are bind to account on equip for a bil, available on a rotating basis. Solved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Cabbit posted:

So I've been playing sage on a preferred F2P account, mostly as balance but sometimes TK, and as I've gotten to about level 32 and on to Tatooine I'm starting to get my rear end kicked by everything. Companions set as tanks are doing a poor job holding threat and having a hard time keeping me up as healers. Is this just the sage experience or is this atypical?
Regular single player content should never really give you trouble - certainly not if you're still working your way through the original planets. To be honest I'm not sure how good companions are at tanking nowadays because I always put them on either healing or DPS, but for a largely relaxed experience you'll generally want them to be healing you. If they can't keep up, I would recommend doing two things first:

1. Take a good look at their abilities bar to verify that all of their abilities are in fact enabled. If a little green blob is missing, right-click that ability to turn it back on. I don't think this is something story companions really suffer from, but when I've got HK-51 with me sometimes two of those abilities are disabled for whatever reason and it definitely makes him worse at healing (or dps, of course).

2. Buy your companion of choice a lot of gifts. Get one up to at least influence level 20. You can find out which gifts you should give to which companions here.

Apart from that, it's possible that your ability rotation is somewhat suboptimal. Have a look at Swtorista's basic class guides. And if at level 32 on Tatooine you're still walking around in gear meant for Ord Mantell, maybe get that fixed. Finding someone to do a few 2-player Heroics with you should quickly get you up to speed, but you can also find basic planet-appropriate gear at the starport's vendors or on the Fleet.