Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
worst was Bob Dylan at Marcus Amphitheater, Summerfest Grounds like 12 years ago.

best thing i've ever seen live is Norm MacDonald at the American Comedy Club in San Diego, which is a pretty small venue

a bebop band playing this insane arrangement for "Tomorrow Never Knows" at Small's in Greenwich Village

all the rock and metal bands cant compete with those two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

haljordan posted:

People seem to only have two opinions of Dylan: it's either the greatest or the absolute worst show ever. No middle ground lol

I tried him again at a smaller venue in 2019 and I'd say I found the middle ground, was a fine show.

He's not trying to play instruments anymore, his voice has settled into a Tom Waits-esque growl. It's kind of a blues singer shtick but it works better

Late 2000s his voice was firmly in nasally demon mode.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

Ralph Hurley posted:

Best:
I was at Lightning Bolt’s very first show at Carr Haus, the tiny coffee shop on the RISD campus in I think 1993. It’s hard to describe but it was like witnessing a birth. There were so many bands and stuff going on in Providence at the time and there was just a palpable wild energy to what they were doing that night that was obvious to everyone was some next level poo poo. Even though you could say the music itself was an incoherent explosion of noise (which truly solidified later on), they were summoning raw magic and I think they played until campus security made them stop. There was a third member back then doing vocals. They had all the lights off except for an old TV screen that was painted so it glowed red. People instinctively packed in around the band which continued to happen at every show they did after that. I remember when it was over, seeing their set list taped to the floor and the song titles were jagged lines and stuff like |||/\ /\_ /\ /\_|||

that's insane hipster cred

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
has anyone here ever seen Rob and or White Zombie in concert? really curious as to what happens other than "Thunderkiss '65"

oh and "More Human than Human"

i could probably listen to like a 30 minute version of Thunderkiss 65 with Earthless-style guitar solos between the SIXTY FIVE YEAH OW

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
You know when your cat or dog spins in circles before they lay down, pawing the area so it's just right?

I think it's the same thing with otherwise pro bands being totally dependent on their tones and monitors.